Wayne Holmes Custom Cues

bes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I contracted with Wayne Holmes to make me a cue earlier in the year. He was exceptionally easy to work with and definitely a no nonsense guy. It didn't take him long to help me sort out the details of what I was looking for in a cue. Basically, I wanted something with a classic, classy look, but nothing too fancy. I like pretty wood, and don't like ivory (elephant fan) shells, stones, gems, or most metallic inlay.

He actually managed to deliver the cue AHEAD of schedule, and the workmanship was, as close as I can tell, perfect. I've only used one (of two) shaft, and really like the feel and action. The cue has a nice firm hit, but isn't super hard.

Anyway, I couldn't be happier, and would like to recommend Wayne to anyone in the market...

Details: Four Bocote points with four veneers (Ebony, Titlist Teal, White, Ebony) and Hoppe ring. The weight is just over 19 ounces (as ordered), and the balance point is right where he said it would be - 19" from the butt. The pin is a Uni-Lok Radial.

bes

Good Pictures at link below:

http://www.waynecustomcues.com/BS.html

Not Great (mine) ones attached:
Butt_Small.JPG

Forearm_Small.JPG

Signature_Small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cueball981

Struggling Cue Artist
Silver Member
OHHHHH! I am SO looking forward to the cue that he is making me. Thanks for posting this up! Mine should be done within the next month or two. I know Wayne spent some time with his family throughout the holidays, which I am glad that he did, so there may be a slight delay. He mentioned to me the last time we spoke on the phone that he isn't making as many cues now per batch which allows him a 12 - 16 week turn around on average. That's pretty good if you ask me!

bes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks! I'm just thrilled with the cue, and cannot find anything I'd like changed...

cutnedge

Registered
Thank you for this post.Absolutely gorgeous cue. After visiting Wayne's excellent website, I am almost ashamed to admit I have never heard of his cues before.

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
I've known Wayne personally for a while, and I can say that not only does he make some beautiful cues (I have at least two former students who have Wayne cues), but he is intent on building quality cues that play very well.

He's actually a pretty nice guy as well!

Steve

Wayne-Holmes

Professional Retiree
I've known Wayne personally for a while, and I can say that not only does he make some beautiful cues (I have at least two former students who have Wayne cues), but he is intent on building quality cues that play very well.

He's actually a pretty nice guy as well!
Steve
Hey Steve, Dontcha be startin any rumors now, ya hear? I've worked very hard at learning to be a grumpy ole grouch :)

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
Sorry, Wayne. I didn't mean to let that slip!

I'm still willing to trade lessons for one of your cues whenever you want!

Steve

cueball981

Struggling Cue Artist
Silver Member
Wayne, I will have to agree that out of all the pictures I've seen of your work, this cue is one of your finest specimens. Absolutely amazing work. Love the veneer colors and the simple Hoppe ring in the butt. Fantastic!

Wayne-Holmes

Professional Retiree
Wayne, I will have to agree that out of all the pictures I've seen of your work, this cue is one of your finest specimens. Absolutely amazing work. Love the veneer colors and the simple Hoppe ring in the butt. Fantastic!

Thank you Chris. There's another cue in my final batch finishing soon that will be just as nice or nicer :wink:

cueball981

Struggling Cue Artist
Silver Member
Wayne...sent you an email last week. If you didn't get it, let me know and I'll resend it to you. Hope everything went well on your trip! And yes...looking forward to seeing the final batch. :thumbup: