Which one to chose the Z2 or OB2

asianevil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I favor the OB series much more than any other LD. For me the OB-1 or classic offers the perfect blend of feedback and LD. I threw a kamui blk soft on my shafts and the control is amazing. I don't have a Z2 but I have a 314 which has gone into storage since I don't like playing with it.

hammey22

hammey
I am currently using an OB2 and really like it. In fact it resulted in my getting rid of the Z2. I find the OB2 to have a softer hit/feel which for me works better on 7ft tables which is pretty much where I play now. If I were to go back to 9ft I think I would go back to the Z2, it was firmer, and I had better long distance stroke capabilities.

I was just wondering about what shafts are out there now....haven't looked in a few years. Are these your top 2?

taemin952

XiaoTing Pan's Soulmate
Silver Member
Other LD shafts

Hey fellow Minnesotan! :smile:

Some other "low deflection" shafts out there that come to mind....

Jacoby Edge
Mezz WD700
Viking ViKore
Katana
Tiger Pro-X

I am currently using an OB2 and really like it. In fact it resulted in my getting rid of the Z2. I find the OB2 to have a softer hit/feel which for me works better on 7ft tables which is pretty much where I play now. If I were to go back to 9ft I think I would go back to the Z2, it was firmer, and I had better long distance stroke capabilities.

I was just wondering about what shafts are out there now....haven't looked in a few years. Are these your top 2?

hammey22

hammey
Hey fellow Minnesotan! :smile:

Some other "low deflection" shafts out there that come to mind....

Jacoby Edge
Mezz WD700
Viking ViKore
Katana
Tiger Pro-X

How would you rate/compare these in relation to the OB2 or Z2? I am thinking of unloading my backup OB2 for something that will provide a different feel and performance. I don't at all like anything that is larger that 12.25 diameter, so not sure if any of these can fit under that bar or not?

Thanks for your thoughts, and nice to hear from another Minne! :grin-square:

RSCA HOOLIGAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can buy a custom made SS360 shaft from Bob Danielson ( BD cues ) , i have one at 12mm and it's just the nuts . It has the same low deflection as the Z2 but 100 times better .
And much cheaper , $160 .
If you buy one and you don't like i will buy it from you , wathever the joint type . It's that good .

Christoph

alojz_ferluga

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can buy a custom made SS360 shaft from Bob Danielson ( BD cues ) , i have one at 12mm and it's just the nuts . It has the same low deflection as the Z2 but 100 times better .
And much cheaper , $160 .
If you buy one and you don't like i will buy it from you , wathever the joint type . It's that good .

Christoph

SS360 is not as low LD as 314/2, even less Z2.

Cankerz

Registered
I have shot with the Z2, OB2, Lou Stone Custom, Mcdermott i3, and the G-core extensively. Personally I LOVE the i3 by Mcdermott. It is slightly cheaper than the z2 and it shoots so well.

Enigmaticul

Banned
The only performance shafts in this world that are ever worth considering are the predators. Everything else is garbage. Had them all from Musashy to OB , trash. I finally buckled in and got a z2 in radial, 2 week later I qualify to the college national championships with it. Get a z2 or 314 and never look back.

RunEm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in ur same spot couple weeks ago looking too get one of these shafts the ob classic or predator I've also gave the gcore outt the I- v cue from viking then tried the predator and ob also a custom and some others that being said my fav was the ob it has a real crisp hit and feel also the classic has a firm stiff hit and that's what I like and the shaft does what its made for! But really only person that can tell what is best is u?! Everyone can say they like this or that but it comes down too u cuz I've made some post asking the same thing but I drove my self nuts trying too pick so when I went out too play pool I'm my league I just asked do u mind if I shoot with ur cue I noticed u have this shaft ect ect tried alll the shafts I could and ob by far was my fav but that's just me so I placed my order today :thumbup:

taemin952

XiaoTing Pan's Soulmate
Silver Member
I've played with almost all LD shafts out there, including the Z2, 314-2, a turned down 314-2, OB1, turned down OB1, OB2, Jacoby Edge\Hybrid, ViKore, Mezz WD700, Red Dot, Black Dot, 100+ year old maple and probably more.

I swear by only one now:

OB Classic Pro 11.75MM (Solid, NOT hollowed core)

It's simply amazing, especially if you have the matching OB 2012 line butt.

I now carry (3) because God forbid something happens to one during a match!

Purely, just my .00000002 and a 1/10 grain of salt.

Last edited:

Needing weight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I first switched to an LD shaft about eight years ago my game went up 1-2 balls. I was very pleased with the success I had with my predator 314. A few years later I switched to 314-2, And again I was happy with my switch. Six months ago I switched to a Z2, and this is clearly my favorite. I hit balls with an OB shaft for 10 minutes and I feel like my Z2 is the nuts! I wish my predator shaft was truly an American product :-( I wish I would have fallen in love with an American product, I.e. OB. I would suggest to try the OB first and see if you like it. Supporting the American/Texas company is the right thing to do But I am already used to and in love with my predator.... My two cents!

MalibuMike

Banned
The New Mezz Hybrid Pro II has them all Beat

The New Mezz Hybrid Pro II has them all Beat, Next is the Jacoby Edge, Then The Tiger Pro-X, Then OB and last Predator.