The greatest mental game book I have ever read

americanfighter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had always struggled with the mental game when I am playing pool. Some times I would be in dead stroke running balls out like crazy them my head gets in the way I bought tons of material trying to fix it and they helped but one book made everything click.

"The mental game of baseball. is the book At first I was sketchy about buying a book that is geared toward a certain sport but after reading all the positive reviews and reviews about how it helped more than just baseball I decided to take a shot boy was I glad i did. i put work into the developing the principals and instantly I began beating my team ace (a 6 me a 3 at the time) and our other 5s and and rose to a 4 borderline 5 then won my first 9 ball game. Recently my metal game has been all screwed up after coming back from my stroke so I picked it up again and reviewed the lessons now I have won 4 out of my last 5 cant recommend the book enough.

the chapters are
Part 1
1. WHERE DOES IT START
2.ESTABLISHING PROPER GOALS
3. EXPECTATIONS
4. DEDICATION
5. RESPONSIBILITY
7. ATTITUDES
8.LEARNIG
9. PREPARATION
10. VISUALIZATION
11. CONCENTRATION
12 MENTAL DISCIPLINE
13. RELAXATION
14.THE WINNING WAY
Part 2 the baseball part
Hitting
Pitching
Fielding
base running

This book is full of good advice on things like Hoping vs believing, The I gotta syndrome, the word don't not registering in your body (don't screw up), working against fear that destroys confidence, Being in control instead of external factors being in control and much much more.

If you struggle with the mental game ( we all do to some extent buy The mental game of baseball now!!

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Is this the book you're talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mental-Game-Baseball-Performance/dp/1888698543

I'm a HUGE baseball fan. It's my other passion. I don't play. Strictly follow the Kansas City Royals like it's my mission in life. Other than that, it's pool and work for me.

So, if this is the book, and it can help with your mental game, I'm all over it.

Just looking for your confirmation that it's the right one. I found a few other books with similar titles, but I'm guessing that this is probably the one you have.

americanfighter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this the book you're talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mental-Game-Baseball-Performance/dp/1888698543

I'm a HUGE baseball fan. It's my other passion. I don't play. Strictly follow the Kansas City Royals like it's my mission in life. Other than that, it's pool and work for me.

So, if this is the book, and it can help with your mental game, I'm all over it.

Just looking for your confirmation that it's the right one. I found a few other books with similar titles, but I'm guessing that this is probably the one you have.
yes buy it read it and apply it

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Went ahead and ordered it. About $4.00 (including shipping) off of Amazon for a "like new" edition. Can't hardly beat that.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I received it last week, but haven't had a chance to read any of it yet. I'll be sure to weigh in as soon as I do, tho.

I'm an extremely quick reader, once I sit down. Sometimes it just takes a while to get there.

My league season just ended, so I'll have more time at home to catch up on pool reading, pool videos......and, ya know, actually shooting pool.

:)