Miscues with LD shaft ?

bayoublaster400

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well first I just want to say that I tried to search this before posting so if there is a thread on this, please point me toward it as I haven't found it yet. If not, what I would like are a few opinions on is this: In general, (everything else remaining the same such as tip, hardness of stroke, etc.) would you say that a LD shaft in any way reduced any miscues when using extreme English on any given shot as opposed to a regular shaft?
I already have decided on a LD shaft and I know a proper stroke all but eliminates miscues, but just curious on your thoughts. thanks again for your help.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i dont think ld shafts are better or worse for causing miscues
miscues are caused by tip placement /tip grip or really lack thereof /stroke
i dont belive end mass of shaft plays a role but im open minded about
it

cammel8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well first I just want to say that I tried to search this before posting so if there is a thread on this, please point me toward it as I haven't found it yet. If not, what I would like are a few opinions on is this: In general, (everything else remaining the same such as tip, hardness of stroke, etc.) would you say that a LD shaft in any way reduced any miscues when using extreme English on any given shot as opposed to a regular shaft?
I already have decided on a LD shaft and I know a proper stroke all but eliminates miscues, but just curious on your thoughts. thanks again for your help.

Ironically enough I experienced more miscues on extreme english with a low deflection shaft than I did with a meucci shaft which is more whippy and flexible in my opinin. After I got used to it and learned its limitations im about the same now.

bayoublaster400

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate your thoughts on the subject as I am in the process of ordering a custom cue and I believe I'll just get 2 shafts made of high quality wood rather than a LD shaft to go with it therefore I won't have to adjust to it as much. Thanks again.