New Poolhall Owner : Center Pocket

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you buy a previously established business or open a new room new location ?

How many tables? ...liquor licence? .....smoking? .....ect.

Any additional details will get more valuable responses.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome!

May I suggest you make a new post in the main forum section. Everyone loves to see new owners, rooms and ideas. Perhaps this section doesn't get the traffic you were hoping for. I think you'll get quite a few replies and ideas in the main.

K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gary Sanossian

Nineballgs
Hello and welcome to the industry......Check out my post in Room Owners section under the name nineballgs.....with the golfer picture.......If you are looking for a consultant .....I can help you in any field......Looking forward to your reply......Gary

Gary Sanossian

Nineballgs
To Measureman......While I understand your point of view.....I would just add....Not to be controversial....However, after playing Three sports at a Professional Level.....My opinion is that the Gear makes ALL the difference in the world. As a "Singular Pro Athlete" ( Baseball, Pool & Golf) I believe the most important facet of success at the highest level is the equipment you utilize. Example....A pro pool player may be a pro...but he will not be a champion with a house cue....same with a golfer.....He may be good but he will never excel with rented clubs....This I find to be very true if you are in a singular sport.....A bowler can bowl but he will never throw a 300 game with a house ball.....Just sayin'

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
I am a new poolhall owner. What would be some advice to a new owner?

www.centerpocketlc.com

Follow the money and not the suggestions. Be flexible in what brings in the money. If darts and foosball bring in high dollars, treat those customers great even if it means taking out a pool table. You will always get thousands of suggestions from people who have never owned and started a business, listen to the people who actually have run a business.

Small things add up. Both in income and in losses. Being on top of theft (in all its different definitions) is crucial. People will steal and if it goes unchecked it will be considered "expected" in the future. Grabbing your chalk, topping off a beer, "warming up" on a pool table without clocking on. It all adds up.

Same with income. Self service vending machines. Don't take up much space but eliminates theft and keeps employees free to do more service related work.

Buy when you can, rent when you must. Owning a small building has more potential than renting a large one. The building can always be converted to another business later.