New Players HXT

Hustler84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked up my first Players HXT cue last night, and I have to say that I was definitely surprised by the way the cue plays. I have owned many cues over the years, and for the cost, it is hard to beat this cue. I have a friend who gets a discount on cues, so I picked it up for $97 total, when it is originally closer to $150. It is the HXT90 model, which is a tuxedo looking cue. The look is extremely nice, but I was more concerned with the playability. The first thing I noticed when I picked it up was that the cue was balanced a little further back then I am used to, but in a good way. The shaft comes standard at 12.75mm and feels really nice. It also comes standard with a Kamui black soft tip. As for the hit, the cue screwed together nice and tight and gave it the hit of a one piece cue. The soft tip didn't make a noise when I was playing it, which threw me off at first. The cue gave excellent feedback and I felt like I could spin the cb anyway that I wanted to. The low deflection shaft was actually really nice as well. I have played with many ld shafts, but never owned one. All in all, I felt so confident that I didn't hardly miss a ball. I highly recommend these cues for the price. You will not be disappointed! :smile:

cjweaver13

Registered
It's what I'm playing with now! I have the HXT10 and love it. Higher level players in my league who have hit with the cue love the action they get with it. I keep a dime radius on it also which helps even more.

eric1301975

thanks for the review , i purchase yesterday on seyberts, the "players hxt 5" the cheap one...hope the delivery time is good here in saudi arabia 😊

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
might pick up an hxt shaft for my joss for only $50, can't beat that

My player cue is a Joss, and I shoot with an Player Hxt cu, nothing special. Although HXT has a lower deflection.
One of my friends also tried the Joss and the Player, and likes the Joss cue.

wixo3

welp
Silver Member
My player cue is a Joss, and I shoot with an Player Hxt cu, nothing special. Although HXT has a lower deflection.
One of my friends also tried the Joss and the Player, and likes the Joss cue.

How's the hit? I play with an OB classic right now and would like something a bit stiffer

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How's the hit? I play with an OB classic right now and would like something a bit stiffer

I can't describe the HXT hit like a stiff one, is a medium hit in my opinion. But shaft had a Kamui Black soft tip on it, so that may be the reason.
If you want a stiff one, go for a Mezz shaft. I'll do the move soon.

wixo3

welp
Silver Member
sounds to me like it's a cross between the softness of a laminated low deflection shaft, and the stiffness of a solid maple shaft. Can't wait to try it out

gardener28

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an HXT SP5 as my backup cue, pretty solid and hit like a charm.
The kamui tip does need some maintenance though.