need some new house cues

wixo3

welp
Silver Member
Looking to pick up a couple house cues to replace some warped ones. They don't have to be great, just straight and decent. Looking to spend $50 per cue and have narrowed it down to either the Viking's Valhalla line or Mcdermott's Lucky line. Give me some feedback!

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
House cues

Looking to pick up a couple house cues to replace some warped ones. They don't have to be great, just straight and decent. Looking to spend $50 per cue and have narrowed it down to either the Viking's Valhalla line or Mcdermott's Lucky line. Give me some feedback!

As far as I know there isn't any straight house cues ...............................................

I retip about 600 house cues per year, never had a straight one yet.

I have sold allot of the lucky cues, I think they are a ok cue, had the irish linen come off one of them.

Dr_CollieCue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for not answering your actual question, but you might look at Cuetec. They have a good feel and will be straight.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a Lucky cue in my trunk and use it from time to time. It's a great cue. I will sometimes lend it out instead of letting someone use my cue. Everyone who has borrowed it wanted to buy it lol. That being said Dufferins have a great reputation or even Schmelke...

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
if its a house cue why does it matter
get an outlaw the guests love the tribal burned inlay design

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go with Dufferin or Schmelke.

I have an McDermott Lucky, one day the ferrule just split in 2 parts (before that the metallic buttcap became loose and made a strange noise when shooting), and I take care about my cues, so I will not recommend them for bangers. Although McD Lucky plays nice.

wixo3

welp
Silver Member
Thanks for the advice guys. alexandru, I believe the Lucky line has a 1 year waranty, have you tried sending it back?

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the advice guys. alexandru, I believe the Lucky line has a 1 year waranty, have you tried sending it back?

It's not the case, I bought the cue, 4 years ago, and I had no problem, just one day the ferrule cracked without any reason.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Wixo, are you wanting one piece of two piece cues? For the money the Eliminator one piece cues shoot good.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Your market should tell you how good or bad or indestructible you want you house equipment to be. A good friend of mine/roomowner would have nice two piece cues he would rent with the table, for $1 extra. In his room many patrons wanted to look good while playing, so they got one of the nice rental house cues. You could also put em on the $20 a month plan till paid if they wanted to buy one but, cue must remain there till paid. Perfect, a good reason for them to return.