Apple Green Simonis

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fair enough. I think you'd probably get used it though. Change it in a year, instead of spending another 500, or whatever it cost, installed it a week later.

I emailed my contact at Simonis up near Chicago to see if they could get me a sample of Apple Green. And to find out if they could indeed get me Apple Green here in the states if I like the sample. Its my understanding they only sell Apple Green in Europe since its close to the color of Snooker cloth and Snooker is big over in Europe.

I am not going to do anything for a few months though. Since I got the English Green I am going to get my moneys worth out of it.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the English Green installed this past Sunday. I'm not too thrilled with it, just too dark. I had English Green on the table about a year or so ago and what I had installed a few days ago is darker than what I recalled it being.

Having said all of this, I checked with Simonis on their website and they mentioned Apple Green. I didn't see that as one of my options so I thought I would ask.

So if you got a cyclop 6 ball, and you switch to apple green, guess what? You will lose sight of that 6 ball as well

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And how do we know that is Apple Green? I've watched a lot of that video, I don't see any Iwan Simonis signs around anywhere.

If you can't look at the picture of the sample and then look at the cloth in the video and tell the difference, then does it really matter all that much?

Maybe I missed it, but why didn't you just Google the subject, in the first place?

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imagine how easy life would be if you just bought a pair of glasses with interchangeable lenses of every imaginable color.

Or, use white cloth and line the light box with colored sheets of plastic.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha ha. Actually, what about white cloth? Has any company ever made that color? I wonder what it would be like. Would you go blind playing on it?:)

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Ha ha. Actually, what about white cloth? Has any company ever made that color? I wonder what it would be like. Would you go blind playing on it?:)

What a nightmare that would be.....would have to turn to dishwater grey after about 10 hr.

Probably spend more time cleaning it, than playing on it.

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
I've installed a couple. The rails look like s**t
Because you can see the rubber's color through the cloth

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simonis Apple green is not available in the states from simonis North America... It’s being used across the ocean from us.
If you want Apple green I can get it in but it will take about a month to get here..
Rob.M

The Simonis folks tell me as of this Fall that Apple Green is now available in the states. Its not on their website though. Wish I would have known that about three weeks ago. I am contacting them for samples.

r/DCP

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Burgundy is actually quite a nice colour for a pool cloth in a funky bar. In a serious pool establishment only blue or green cuts it for me. Some reds are nice looking and fine on the eye for a player but blue/green is one of the few things I'm pretty traditional about. Actually grey is good too.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got my sample in the mail today from Simonis. I'll take a pic of it laying on my English Green so you posters can see the difference under the lights.

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got my sample in the mail today from Simonis. I'll take a pic of it laying on my English Green so you posters can see the difference under the lights.

I'm sure I can speak not only for myself, but for all of the other members, when I say that we each await the above with bated breath. Merry Christmas to all...