Places to play in sauga?

Aten

m8
Silver Member
Gonna be in sauga for a few months coming sept, I'll be near sq1. Any suggestions on nice places to play in the area?

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wacky wings by far

diamond tables, bar boxes and 9 footers, killer drinks, tons of screens for sports, decent bar food

if u want a quietr spot head further east on the same street a few blocks to monte carlo
crappy drinks and food, knock off gold crowns that play well though, snooker tables too

further west on the same road is captains snooker but i have not been there in ages, last time i was there they had a mix of pool snooker and carom tabes, asian owned with half decent asian food, quiet, and not a place to **** around if u know what i mean

all of the above have little action and crappy league players who think they rock

ThePoolScene

Registered
wacky wings by far

diamond tables, bar boxes and 9 footers, killer drinks, tons of screens for sports, decent bar food

if u want a quietr spot head further east on the same street a few blocks to monte carlo
crappy drinks and food, knock off gold crowns that play well though, snooker tables too

further west on the same road is captains snooker but i have not been there in ages, last time i was there they had a mix of pool snooker and carom tabes, asian owned with half decent asian food, quiet, and not a place to **** around if u know what i mean

all of the above have little action and crappy league players who think they rock

You describe these rooms fairly accurately. Sounds like you know your way around Mississauga.

Long gone are the days of Silver Tips and Landmark. Ahhh...the memories.

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew most of Mississuaga and Toronto pretty well growing up....Mississauga had "gold tips billiards" too, lol, same street as the above, in the 80's it was heaven for a kid, arcade and pool, they would let you in with a note from your parents

then........again on the same street (pretty insane dundas eh?), just east of hurontario across from the old library was that gigantic room and arcade and pizzeria

I love pool rooms, I've forgotten about most that closed down, friends were never into anything but sociaI pool so I made alot of trips solo....and not enough of em, had most of the city scouted 10x over on my bicycle before I was old enough to get in most of the rooms

I used to ride down to clarkson an hour to get to some old ghetto room next to solid gold strip club cause they had $5 all you can play specials on homemade tables, lol

Landmark billiards was fun while it lasted but really destined to die a slow death, thet paint shceme was just ridoncoulous

I see hope with the newer spots like Wacky Wings and the upcoming cornerbank

mix in good pool EQUAL PARTS with EVERYTHING else, sports, good food, drinks, dj, live music, patio, etc.......Chalkers in North York is very good although the tables are meh....dufferins

final ramble, PK Creek in Sauga on...wait for it, DUNDAS, lol, pretty fun and awesome spot with a couple bar tables

Aten

m8
Silver Member
just played at wacky wings, tables are real nice but the price was kinda hefty lol... also yeah so many places on Dundas and nothing near square 1, what a shame... I don't have a car since I'm only here for a short while so that's a bummer

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe there is a dundas bus from square 1, monte carlo is half price sunday afternoons,