CHAMPIONSHIP TOUR EDITION CHALK by Silver Cup

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Silver Cup

How do you know Silver Cup is poor chalk? Have you done tests or is this an opinion? I have some upper end shooters who will use nothing else.
Regards, Brian.

resurrecta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you know Silver Cup is poor chalk? Have you done tests or is this an opinion? I have some upper end shooters who will use nothing else.
Regards, Brian.

I know it's poor because it doesn't hold well on most tips. And given the other reviews of it here on this board, enough users have testified to have had more miscues with it.

I'm just curious how the new version performs.

DrOnePocket

Banned
Regards, Brian.

It's much lower quality than triangle, masters, kamuii, etc

It just doesn't perform well at all

malidave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BLUE-GR...660?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccce92ac4

I found this and I know Silver Cup is "poor" chalk to say the least. But has anyone been able to try out this so called new formula?
Every brand's got a new formula it seems. I wouldn't be surprised if Masters came up with a new formula, lmao.
Anyhow, does anyone have a review of this Silver Cup variety?

I got some from the billiard show. The rep said it supposed to be like Blue Diamond. Actually it is not bad, goes on more dense seems softer. It lasts pretty long.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got some from the billiard show. The rep said it supposed to be like Blue Diamond. Actually it is not bad, goes on more dense seems softer. It lasts pretty long.

I got some Tour Edition a while back and have been impressed so far. Its a little softer than I would like, but it stays on the tip well and to me feels on par with masters and blue diamond.
Chuck

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
chalk

I don't like the original silver cup chalk... too messy...... it ends up everywhere in the room if that's all you use........ I know because I did that........ I could wipe a paper towel on the bar 10 foot from the pool table and get the dusty color of the chalk on it.......

I bought some of the new silver cup chalk.. the championship version............ I tried it out last night at league.... it is on the soft side but no where as messy as the original.... it is smooth and not as gritty as blue diamond or masters. It does stay on the cue tip and it does cover it well. You don't need to chalk as often either. I chalked once or twice per rack..... and it does not cost $30 a cube..............

oh yea ..... and I never miscued.................

I'll give it a try and give a few to my team mates and test it further.... so far, I like it.

Kim

Tahoedirt

Tahoedirt
I bought some of this on ebay and it's horrible- Miscued over and over and house chalk solved the problem- AVOID THIS KRAP