Best Pool Tournament Software

Gate City

Owner of Gate City Billia
Silver Member
I am the owner of Gate City Billiards Club in Greensboro, NC. About a year ago I purchased a copy of IngenPool tournament software and have been nothing but impressed from day one. For starters, it is very inexpensive (priced too low in my opinion). It is also the only tournament software I could find that is designed specifially for pool tournaments. For example:
  • Assigns Tables
  • Informs you if either player just came off that table
  • Allows you to flag a player to be watched
  • Times each match
  • Does the draw for you automatically
  • Allows you to move players after the draw
  • Allows you to redraw if you made a mistake
  • Shows you the recommended next match to play
  • Calculates payouts based on your perameters and then allows you to adjust at any time
  • Keeps a plyer database with handicaps you assign
  • Provides the ability to upload your tournaments so that players can view results on-line
  • And a lot more

I don't normally plug a product like this, but I am making an exception here because this is a great product at a great value. If you run a lot of tournaments and are currently doing it manually, I strongly recommend you try this software.

I also take this one step further and I broadcast the tournament bracket to one of our big screen TVs. The players love it.

I have no affiliation with this product, and I am not being compensated in any way by the company that created it. As a matter of fact, they have no idea I am posting this.

highrun55

can`t make a ball anymore
Silver Member
the best I found

I am the owner of Gate City Billiards Club in Greensboro, NC. About a year ago I purchased a copy of IngenPool tournament software and have been nothing but impressed from day one. For starters, it is very inexpensive (priced too low in my opinion). It is also the only tournament software I could find that is designed specifially for pool tournaments. For example:
  • Assigns Tables
  • Informs you if either player just came off that table
  • Allows you to flag a player to be watched
  • Times each match
  • Does the draw for you automatically
  • Allows you to move players after the draw
  • Allows you to redraw if you made a mistake
  • Shows you the recommended next match to play
  • Calculates payouts based on your perameters and then allows you to adjust at any time
  • Keeps a plyer database with handicaps you assign
  • Provides the ability to upload your tournaments so that players can view results on-line
  • And a lot more

I don't normally plug a product like this, but I am making an exception here because this is a great product at a great value. If you run a lot of tournaments and are currently doing it manually, I strongly recommend you try this software.

I also take this one step further and I broadcast the tournament bracket to one of our big screen TVs. The players love it.

I have no affiliation with this product, and I am not being compensated in any way by the company that created it. As a matter of fact, they have no idea I am posting this.

I have used this program for 10 years and its all true

highrun55

Flats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ingen on HD tv

Have you tried to post your bracket from your laptop to a HD tv? If so what kind of cable and connection did you use? I've tried and tv says "No Signal" in PC mode...Thanks for the response...Flats

Gate City

Silver Member
I have, and I had a lot of trouble with it at first. Depending on the TV model and the computer model there can be compatibility issues. I did eventually get it to work but it kept getting messed up again. I finally broke down and bout a $400 laptop with an HDMI connection, and haven't had any problems ever since. Also with that connection, the picture quality is great.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
InGen software

I was in software development for over 30 years, and I can honestly say that the InGen Software for tournaments is done very well, and is a hell of a bargain! I would label it a must have for any modern Pool Hall owner.

spatlese44

Registered
Could someone explain the pricing structure. Their website is a little unclear. Once registered, do you pay per tournament or is the software free to use? They said something about 5 credits with the download. Do you get unlimited after paying $80 or is there an annual fee? I looked on other websites to verify and it's like nobody speaks english.

Gate City

Silver Member
Its $35 for the software and then its yours to use forever. They also offer the ability to post your tournaments on-line, which I think cost $70 or $75 per year. You can download the software for free from their site, but you can only run 5 tournaments before you must purchase the license. It gives you a chance to try the software.

If you run tournaments on a regular basis, this is more than worth it.

I am in no way affiliated with the developer. But the software is great, and in my opinion, under-priced.

spatlese44

Registered
Its $35 for the software and then its yours to use forever. They also offer the ability to post your tournaments on-line, which I think cost $70 or $75 per year. You can download the software for free from their site, but you can only run 5 tournaments before you must purchase the license. It gives you a chance to try the software.

If you run tournaments on a regular basis, this is more than worth it.

I am in no way affiliated with the developer. But the software is great, and in my opinion, under-priced.

Thanks! The software does sound reasonably priced. They need a better pricing description on their site.

CliftonBilliard

Registered
Membership question

does anybody know what do you get if you are a paid member? Ive only read the addition of adding pictures to players and posting results online? does anybody know if it adjusts spots of players depending on wins or losses up or down? ect thank you

Gate City

Silver Member
Yes, you can upload you matches so that anyone that wants to, can view the entire tournament bracket or any previously uploaded tournament. They also helped me attach an interface directly to my website.

shawnjohn1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ingen Pool

I started using this software when we first opened our room almost 3 years ago and they still use it now after I backed out, We always get great response from players all the time, the software is amazing, especially for the price. We have it displayed on two monitors mounted in the middle of out room, displayed on a large projector center room and the main computer. I recommend this software to anyone and everyone running a tournament.

Blaine B.

Clueless
Silver Member
All of the above is true. I have used this software for a few years now running weekly tournaments and even large multi day, multi game events. Simply outstanding stuff. Nothing but good things to say.

Bbutler

topshots.ca
Silver Member
I use the challonge.com website for running my tournaments. It's not quite as good as ingen but the best benefit is that you can publish the link to the tournament so that your players can view their own draws on their phones or tablets or whatever.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I get a new laptop I'll have to check this out. I recently downloaded the Brackelope app on my iPad and will be trying it out for the first time this Saturday.

dbodden1019

Registered
There is new online software available to manage your billiards tournaments. http://tournamentpoolstats.com is a great site that has many of the billiards features of Ingen but is entirely web based like Challonge. New features are being added all the time to better equip tournament directors to run a smooth tournament.

speedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tourney Software

can this software handle a tournament over 64 players?

I recently played in a tourney with approx. 200 players run by Dr. Pool Promotions. The software seemed to run flawlessly. I have no idea what it was or who designed it, etc., but you might contact Dr. Pool and see if he is using something he designed. If not, he might tell you what he uses. Worth a shot!!!!

Speedi