New CNC tapering complete turn key set-up

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I may, I ask that we confine ourselves to a civil discussion of the original topic. Thank you

Surely, as it happens, I was typing the next post while you were posting your request.

Dale

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same strategy as any other tool that creates sawdust.

Next.

Dale
I've been making cues for a few years. Thankfully I have a local, fairly well known cue maker, that has guided me through the amateur hour process. He's answered all my dumb questions and helped me understand a seemingly endless process of learning.

With that said you specifically and a few others are the reason new comers like me don't ask questions...and generally don't participate at all. Your endless need to condescend and attack peoples intelligence while stroking your own tireless ego makes asking any question a risk not worth taking. Hell, with all the belittling posts like yours I'm even reluctant to post pictures of my work because god only knows what disapproving and insulting reply might come next.

Maybe that's your intention but its contrary to what places like this are built for.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe that's your intention but its contrary to what places like this are built for.

Did you not see this post from the OP?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09-04-2017, 03:05 PM
If I may, I ask that we confine ourselves to a civil discussion of the original topic. Thank you

Todd

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
http://www.midamericapool.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tsp&b

Silver Member
Thank you for all of your comments and suggestions. I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to be of service.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
First of all, this thread has been reported.
Secondly:
Todd, that's a LOT of machinery at a great price. Having built something similar myself, I can say that with experience.
I don't envy the support questions - but you have always done a great job on all your other products, I'm sure this one will be no different.
Gary

Gary,

I don't think support on this is as hard as that big guy you built (nice job)

Todd could sell the G Codes for shafts, whole butts or parts. You can even cut out for Points with this.

For first timers I would say take practice cuts on Home Depot dowel wood.

tsp&b

Silver Member
Tom, Thank you for your comments. I include some g-code files with the package and as you know the machine is really very simple to operate. Your advice about practicing with inexpensive dowels is very wise.

Thanks again,