who wants the next full splice jig?

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
his full splice jig is made of aluminum accept for the liner rails and ball bearings are steel. it will be delivered with screws only hand tight and shipped in a wood crate.

the jig is designed for 14 inch bandsaws, and to cut the prongs used to make a full splice cue. the bandsaw i use is a grizzly, but there are many 14 inch saws that have the same table and the mounting holes are the same. you will have to remove the stock fence and use the holes to mount the jig.

the operation of this design is VERY smooth, as the jig doesn't scrape across the bandsaw table. the jig is raised about a 1/32 of an inch above the surface and is fed on ball bearings.

it is installed on the saw using only 4 bolts then squared-up and all bolts and screws tightened, installation should be no more that 15 - 20 minutes. i leave mine on my bandsaw at all time because of the smooth cut.

$500.00 and actual shipping charges from mid missouri

Attachments

• P3120766.jpg
    P3120766.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 2,648
  • P3120769.jpg
    P3120769.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 2,669
  • P3120773.jpg
    P3120773.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 2,469
  • P3120775.jpg
    P3120775.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,777

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Looks like a lot of time and effort went into these Chuck. Just out of a matter of interest, is it possible to do a video of you cutting a Prong?

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
should not be a problem

All I need is some type of recording device, then someone to record me, then some one to show me how to download it to azb.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I need is some type of recording device, then someone to record me, then some one to show me how to download it to azb.
If you have a smart phone that takes pictures. It probably also records video.

From your phone you can upload the video directly to youtube.

You'll have to register a youtube account. About as easy as registering here at the forum.

That's probably the easiest way to do it.

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
instructional cd

Im checking with my buddy. Looking into what a professional cd would cost to produce. If anyone wants one they could buy one and if they decided to buy a jig the price of the cd would be deducted from the price of the jig

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im checking with my buddy. Looking into what a professional cd would cost to produce. If anyone wants one they could buy one and if they decided to buy a jig the price of the cd would be deducted from the price of the jig

What is this, 1990?

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

nope in 1990 i was not building jigs then , i have spent a lot of time building cues and equipment.
i just don't know how to use my smart phone, i.e. hold it in one hand and do a selfie instructional video of how to build fullsplice cues.
i am not here to teach anyone how to build fullsplice cues, if you cannot look at the photos and read the instructions and cut a fullsplice butt, you might not need this jig.

we have sold all in stock but will have 2 more done by the first of june.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
nope in 1990 i was not building jigs then , i have spent a lot of time building cues and equipment.
i just don't know how to use my smart phone, i.e. hold it in one hand and do a selfie instructional video of how to build fullsplice cues.
i am not here to teach anyone how to build fullsplice cues, if you cannot look at the photos and read the instructions and cut a fullsplice butt, you might not need this jig.

Funny as hell!

Classic post

JUSTABANGER 2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's your jig and you can promote and sell it any way you want. I myself get a lot more out of watching something done than being told or reading about how to do it. I thought about buying a Hightower lathe for a long time but it wasn't till I watched a few video's of cues being built that I decided it was something I could and wanted to do. You probably don't need any help selling your jig. But for guys like me who are on the fence about buying one a short clip showing how it works just might be the little nudge that it takes to get us to pull the trigger.

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Is it possible to lengthen the splice? I would buy one if I can get 9-10inch points after final taper.

I think it would just be a matter of changing the angle of the cut to the center line of the wood. I would assume the jig allows the angle to be adjusted to your preference.
Greater angle = shorter points
Less angle = Longer points

sileighty_guru

5A Grade Wood Pecker
Silver Member
I have one and yes you can adjust angles like WilleeCue stated.

however he is no longer making them, but all you need is a table and a way to hold the piece at your desired angle.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
thats a pricey band saw in the first image

how heavy duty a bandsaw do you really need for full splices?