New CNC tapering complete turn key set-up

tsp&b

Silver Member
I have been asked so here it is.... A complete stand alone turn key setup! You get it all!!
Includes the following:
CNC Carriage & cross slide assembly with 2 stepper motors, wiring & connectors
48-inch Bed & rack assembly and Baseboard
Standard 15 mm through bore Headstock with 3 jaw chuck & 24 position indexing.
½ HP, DC motor, motor mount & Belt
#150 M, Modified Tailstock with ½ drill chuck & handle extension.
Spur driver
60-degree dead center
Router Mount
Bosch Colt variable speed trim router model PR20EVS with modified Base.
2 – Router bits
Gecko 540 Driver box w/ power cable & parallel cable
Fully refurbished Dell computer w/ MS XP operating system, Monitor, Key Board and Mouse.
Intro version of Mach 3 with tapering set-up file installed and ready to go.
G-code files for a shaft and a butt taper. Plus, one set of custom taper g-code to your specifications.
All NEW (except the reconditioned computer).
Price = $2995.00 + S&H.
Call 217-320-2404
Or Email: midamericapool@yahoo.com
CNC w Bosch router.jpg

Last edited:

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Nice looking setup Todd. Looks like a solid product. Hope all is well.
dave

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice. I have often thought of making a unit that sit off the back of the lathe, that works like an independent router that is nc control.
My current system is another bed mounted infront or behind the current machine wit the router, but is only straight taper. I use mine like a 1200mm sine bar for setting the angles.

JC

Coos Cues
A dust box for the whole machine.
Fairly easy to build.

If I were marketing a bad ass machine like that I would integrate it so folks wouldn't have to build it. A few hundred more on the price tag and then you really would get it all as advertised. Something spewing chips in all directions isn't "turn key". It's a project to get set up.

Not trying to be critical Todd, just a thought.

JC

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is what I did JC.

With MVP CueCut program this setup works very good.

Attachments

• IMG_0442[243].JPG
    IMG_0442[243].JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_0443[244].JPG
    IMG_0443[244].JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_0444[245].JPG
    IMG_0444[245].JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 549
Reactions: JC

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
If I were marketing a bad ass machine like that I would integrate it so folks wouldn't have to build it. A few hundred more on the price tag and then you really would get it all as advertised. Something spewing chips in all directions isn't "turn key". It's a project to get set up.

JC

The cost of shipping would be prohibitive .
If one can't make a simple dust box out of 2 by 2, 1 by 2 and some plywood, he isn't cut out for this laborious endeavor .

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is a very proven product. I bought one (4) years ago? Todd is also great with supports.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JC

So why not say that in your first post instead of pretending to ask a bonehead question?

Dale(who figured it out the first time)

kickshotkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So why not say that in your first post instead of pretending to ask a bonehead question?

Agreed, and pretty sure turn key means everything needed for product to work. Turn key dosent mean everything for the pruduct to work plus stuff to contain or clean up the mess it makes...

JC

Coos Cues

Because I just didn't, that's why.

JC(who doesn't require your input to live a full life)

Last edited:

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because I just didn't, that's why.

JC(who doesn't require your input to live a full life)

Soooo, it has nothing whatsoever to do with being an attention whore... or anything.

You make cues and yet have no clue how to deal with sawdust?

Dale< aka "dusty">

JC

Coos Cues
Soooo, it has nothing whatsoever to do with being an attention whore... or anything.

You make cues and yet have no clue how to deal with sawdust?

Dale< aka "dusty">

I have no clue how to do a lot of things related to cue making. But I'm learning fast.

Describe what you have done to improve your skill set in anything in the last year or so?

As far as being an attention whore, when my whore's heart sinks low enough to crave attention from the likes of you I will almost certainly hang or shoot myself.

JC

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no clue how to do a lot of things related to cue making. But I'm learning fast.

Describe what you have done to improve your skill set in anything in the last year or so?

As far as being an attention whore, when my whore's heart sinks low enough to crave attention from the likes of you I will almost certainly hang or shoot myself.

JC

Can we have an estimate on how soon, considering you get virtually zero
attention from me...

BTW - if you are interested in learning, you might start by learning how to recognize
when someone knows what he is talking about... just a thought.

Dale

tsp&b

Silver Member
If I may, I ask that we confine ourselves to a civil discussion of the original topic. Thank you

Reactions: JC

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dismounting from the hi-jack train...

Let me say, nice setup. Putting everything in one box can save a ton of time for your customers.

BTW - in this millennial era, instead of 'turn-key' shouldn't it be 'plug-and-play'?:)

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
First of all, this thread has been reported.
Secondly:
Todd, that's a LOT of machinery at a great price. Having built something similar myself, I can say that with experience.
I don't envy the support questions - but you have always done a great job on all your other products, I'm sure this one will be no different.
Gary