Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Ask The Instructor
Reload this Page Draw Analysis, Billiard University Exam I Draw
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
medallio
AzB Silver Member
medallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-11-2017, 12:46 PM

To OP. Are you having problems with drawing itself or landing in certain target zone? If zone are you over hitting or coming up short or not drawing back in straight line?

Old
  (#17)
Ratta
Hearing the balls.....
Ratta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000
 Send a message via ICQ to Ratta Send a message via MSN to Ratta  
09-12-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
This is the kind of stuff that makes me cringe. First of all, it's incomplete. What type of draw shot would you like the op to try with the cue in the tips of his fingers? Table length draw? Short length draw? Next, there are much better ways of determining if the issue is in his grip ---- and btw, encouraging the player to grab and release as you did earlier --- will certainly make the issue his grip.

Grabbing and releasing should be left to the experts and maybe done only on shots where the player really needs extreme power, as with hard break shots. Many pros execute long draw shots without grabbing and releasing their hands.

This type of "try this and try that" advice can be harmful and create bad habits. The OP should be careful of what advice he heeds. And just because something is in video doesn't mean it's right for you.

Just make sure your cue stick moves in and out on the SAME ANGLE OF ATTACK .. No dipping, and whatever angle you choose, keep it throughout the stroke, and move your arm fast enough and hit your mark on the cue ball. That's it. Seriously. Once you start playing around with hand grabs, you risk twisting the cue in a big way, especially if you're not an expert.

Tap Tap Tap MyLady :-)

Not that you would Need my *Amen*- just like what I read there :-)

Hope you re doin great Fran.

A smooth stroke to everyone.

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."......Albert Einstein
________

"Advanced PBIA Instructor and proud member of the SPF Family"

Old
  (#18)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-14-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratta View Post
Tap Tap Tap MyLady :-)

Not that you would Need my *Amen*- just like what I read there :-)

Hope you re doin great Fran.

A smooth stroke to everyone.
Hey! Always great to see you posting! Thanks, all is well, and I hope all is well with you too!

Been Verified. Supporter of responsible teaching. Background checks for instructors, especially those who teach kids.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: