poolhall near UofT

lincoln lam

Registered
Hi I will be going to UofT for exchange in a weeks time. Can anybody introduce me to a good place to play pool at? Best is if it is walking distance from UofT. Thank you.

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I claims no knowledge of the best pool halls close to U of T

Here is the Shooterville list of rooms.

Just stick Toronto in your "Find in this page" in the Edit feature of your toolbar
Click on any found, and it will take you to a page with a link to a street map.

Happy research.:D

Rahl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are in the downtown campus, I strongly suggest "Annex" billiards. It's about 10 minutes away from the UofT campus along Spadina (From Woodsworth College). They have about 10 snooker tables, 8 9 footers and 2 8footers. But beware, there is this German guy that works there... don't poke fun at him ;)

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lincoln lam said:
Hi I will be going to UofT for exchange in a weeks time. Can anybody introduce me to a good place to play pool at? Best is if it is walking distance from UofT. Thank you.

Around U of T..there's a pool hall along Bloor and Bathurs just one block East of Bathurst on Bloor...the name of the place is ANNEX BILLIARDS...very nice place to play with...lots of snooker tables and small tables...very organize owner...its not far from the university.

Address and contact info:

507 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON | M5S 1Y2 | 416-972-6588

Rahl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Beginner said:
Around U of T..there's a pool hall along Bloor and Bathurs just one block East of Bathurst on Bloor...the name of the place is ANNEX BILLIARDS...very nice place to play with...lots of snooker tables and small tables...very organize owner...its not far from the university.

Address and contact info:

507 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON | M5S 1Y2 | 416-972-6588

You play there often? Planning to go there this weekend or next. Theres this crazy guy who works there and stalks anyone who dares sit on those rails. No regards for the ladies either, does his job well.

lincoln lam

Registered
Thanks dudes. Was busy settling my internet access which is why i replied so late. I will be definitely be going to annex billiards for a game soon. Visited the place, but noticed there were very few pool tables. I'm at the st george campus anyway.

Rahl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lincoln lam said:
Thanks dudes. Was busy settling my internet access which is why i replied so late. I will be definitely be going to annex billiards for a game soon. Visited the place, but noticed there were very few pool tables. I'm at the st george campus anyway.

Nice which Res you in? I'll be at the Annex this weekend, probably on Saturday. Give me a ring if you wanna play a few.

lincoln lam

Registered
I'm in Whitney hall just across from Robarts. Anybody know like which place has spotted balls? Or at least clean their balls?

Rahl said:
Nice which Res you in? I'll be at the Annex this weekend, probably on Saturday. Give me a ring if you wanna play a few.

Rahl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whitney hall... I can't remember but I think that's the new rez that came out recently. I used to stay at Woodsworth just on the outskirts of campus. There are a lot of poolhalls here and there in Toronto. Personally I like "The Charlotte Room". They usually keep the place clean. Address is 19 Charlotte St. As for clean balls... I haven't found a pool hall that keeps the balls clean on a consistent basis. You should probably head down to Shooters if you want some first class playing conditions.

lincoln lam

Registered
Rahl said:
Whitney hall... I can't remember but I think that's the new rez that came out recently. I used to stay at Woodsworth just on the outskirts of campus. There are a lot of poolhalls here and there in Toronto. Personally I like "The Charlotte Room". They usually keep the place clean. Address is 19 Charlotte St. As for clean balls... I haven't found a pool hall that keeps the balls clean on a consistent basis. You should probably head down to Shooters if you want some first class playing conditions.

yeah I went to shooters on saturday and to my horror nobody was there. Everybody was at bigwigs for some qualifier. I'll head down to shooters this coming saturday. And I dont think whitney hall is new, but it's part of university college.

Rahl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lincoln lam said:
yeah I went to shooters on saturday and to my horror nobody was there. Everybody was at bigwigs for some qualifier. I'll head down to shooters this coming saturday. And I dont think whitney hall is new, but it's part of university college.

Yeah I think we have a qualifier for the Canadian tour coming up. I don't think it's happening till August though. I remember university college, used to have my meals there. Stealing food and bottling as much liquid from there as I could back in the day hahaha. I just finished playing at Annex last weekend. I can't believe I used to like it there. Tables were really bad.... rails played dead and the cloth .... it was more white than green. I think it's probably more of a snooker hall than a pool hall.

LessThanMike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rahl said:

and we all know clean balls are a good thing...depends on whos cleanign them for you.. LOL

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rahl said:
You play there often? Planning to go there this weekend or next. Theres this crazy guy who works there and stalks anyone who dares sit on those rails. No regards for the ladies either, does his job well.

I've been playing there since 1996...the place is very organize....i think the guy you reffering to is Dennis the chinese guy..his a nice guy and funny guy too...he just trying to protect the table so that we can bank the ball nice :D ..he's been working there i don't know how long...i go there every wednesday...weekend is pretty much pack so no time to wait on line...you will see me there playing w/ my gf ...i'm the guy there that can't shoot a ball :grin-square:

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
The Beginner said:
I've been playing there since 1996...the place is very organize....i think the guy you reffering to is Dennis the chinese guy..his a nice guy and funny guy too...he just trying to protect the table so that we can bank the ball nice :D ..he's been working there i don't know how long...i go there every wednesday...weekend is pretty much pack so no time to wait on line...you will see me there playing w/ my gf ...i'm the guy there that can't shoot a ball :grin-square:
ya you're also the same guy that gave me that beating in shooters few weeks ago lmao. i thought you go to spot on wednesdays?

Last edited: