Schon Tips

rubberheels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got a nice STL-7 yesterday. Should I get rid Of that stock tip? I have a Morri,Triangles And some Ultra Skins med. I know that these cues have a hard hit cause my Mottey has the same joint witd old Morri tips. Thanks

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Play with it and see if you like it, then decide. Other peoples opinions about their personal favorite are meaningless, you need to try out different tips and come up with your personal favorite. The stock Schon tip is a hard water buffalo, fyi in case you like it.
Chuck

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And, the cue will play different than others as well as the shaft. Anyone who always uses the same tip on multiple cues is likely using the wrong tip on some of them.

jimtauer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I currently use a Schon shaft/tip on a Jacoby butt as my main shooting cue... so far I like it a lot, previously shot with McDermott with a medium tip, and have tried Kamui soft and grew to hate it.

MalibuMike

Banned
I like the Tiger Onyx tip on my Schons

It's just as hard as the stock waterbuffalo schon tip but seems to grip the CB better and miscue less.

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I currently use a Schon shaft/tip on a Jacoby butt as my main shooting cue... so far I like it a lot, previously shot with McDermott with a medium tip, and have tried Kamui soft and grew to hate it.

I've heard a few guys mention that the stock Schon SHAFT deflects more than some of the other non LD shafts. What has been your experience, please?