OBSA Qualifiers

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Canadian Championships????

Hi!

Ive been checking around on shooterville for qualifiers for the AM 9 ball at the Canadians but it seems the only qualifier I can find is in Sudbury.

Any idea if there will be more? Id rather not drive 6 hours to play in one.

Thanks!
-dan

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I would also like to know. The said last year that there would be 2 qualifiers in Ottawa, but they have yet announce any that I'm aware of for ontario.

It appears that someone is dropping the ball.:banghead:

srs314

shooterville.com
Well here is the deal, many other provinces just sell their spots so it's nice that we get qualifiers at all.

Qualifiers will be coming soon and the person in charge is trying to get them spread out over Ontario. I'm sure there will be some in the GTA soon.

Wish I had more answers on this one.

Scott Soroko

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did see some in Sudbury and I know there was one at a womens tiger event (I think?)

Just hoping there was more.

Thanks for the posts, Cameron and Scott.

srs314

shooterville.com
Amateur Men And Women?s 9-ball Qualifier For
The Canadian Championships

Where: Silver Tip, 2500 Hurontario, Mississauga, 905-275-8433

Date: July 12th

Time: Noon Sharp

Dress Code: None

Entry: $50 Includes Obsa Membership

Format: Race To 7 On A Side
Race To 5 On B Side

*finals May Not Be Needed Depending On How Many Entries
Entries Will Dictate How Many Spots Are Awarded
See Example:

8 Entries: 1 Spot (finals Would Apply)
16 Entries: 3 Spots (no Finals Played)
20 Entries: 4 Spots (no Finals Played)

Players Will Only Be Awarded Amateur Spots To Canadian Championships

Rules And Format Apply To Both Men And Women Qualifiers

dbCustomCues

First Choice Billiards
Silver Member
db Custom Cues has also secured some spots for the mens Am 9ball times and dates will be avalible shortly.If you would like more info I can be reached at 416 990 9505.Don Broos

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
srs314 said:
Well here is the deal, many other provinces just sell their spots so it's nice that we get qualifiers at all.

Qualifiers will be coming soon and the person in charge is trying to get them spread out over Ontario. I'm sure there will be some in the GTA soon.

Wish I had more answers on this one.

Scott Soroko

Thanks scott.

I didn't mean to come off snippy in my post. I understand that it's tough to schedule qualifiers across a province.

netspec

www.netspec.ca
Silver Member
Just curious,

if there are more entries (ie. 32...64 etc) would there be more spots open?

tks,
Andrew

srs314

shooterville.com
Yes there will be, I think it's a spot for every 8 players. I will check with the OBSA rep and let you know.

Robbie

kidsmooth
Silver Member
Is there a max number of players for this on Saturday? Just show up and register? If anyone knows...

suel

Registered
Ontario Qualifiers

I hope you keep checking www.shooterville.com for latest info, this site has it all. There will be an Amateur qualifier for both men and women this Saturday, July 12 in Mississauga, at Silver Tip. Entry is $50 and start time is noon.

srs314

shooterville.com
New Qualifiers Added for the Canadian Championship
Scott Soroko, 7/9/2008 | OBSA Qulaifiers

In an effort to award as many spots to the events at the Canadians qualifying tournaments have been added. This weekend Silver Tip will be hosting amateur qualifiers for both men and women on Saturday July 12th and Open qualifiers for both men and women on Sunday July 13th. Participation will dictate how many spots are awarded.

Shooters billiards will be hosting qualifiers for the Men's and Women's Amateur and Open events as well as the Snooker on July 26th.

As an added bonus Shooterville.com will be adding an extra Men's and Women's amateur spot to the events at Silver Tip this Saturday. This is made possible through the money Shooterville.com takes in from it's advertisers and is valued at $350.

I would like to thank db Cues, F.G Bradley, Hot Shots Billiards, Ron Benedict Cues, ASKA Billiards, Table Sports Canada and The Winning Stroke for choosing Shooterville.com to advertise through. Money paid to Shooterville.com by advertisers has always and will continue to go back into supporting and helping the players.

Keep checking here for qualifiers in Ontario.

If you have and questions please post them in our OBSA Qualifier thread of the Shooterville Canadian Pool forum and they will be answered.

Quebec players that are interested in playing in the 8-ball Canadian Championships, 9-ball Open Men or Womens and 9-ball Amateur Men or Womens, please contact Sue Lemaich at suelemaich@yahoo.com for your entry.

Snorks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There will be a qualifier at the Greenbank Broken Cue in Ottawa. 4pm starting time Saturday July 19th. Price is $40. There will be two divisions, the A players (10 and up in our local ranking system). and B players 9.5 and down. This is open to Ontario Residents with valid photo ID.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snorks said:
There will be a qualifier at the Greenbank Broken Cue in Ottawa. 4pm starting time Saturday July 19th. Price is $40. There will be two divisions, the A players (10 and up in our local ranking system). and B players 9.5 and down.

Does that mean one OPEN and one AM qualifier?

Good luck with your events!