Friday July 4th Bobby D's Burlington - Action night

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trying to round up a few players from the area for some friendly 20, 50, 100 matches. Lots of variety of speeds from legitimate CPA/APA 4/5's to 7's and a few bigger players.

Anyone interested? Tables very recently re-clothed, good fun night of playing! All welcome....... except leftys, we HATE those guys!

QEW and Brant St.
Its basically about 30-45 mins from everywhere in the GTA.

Robbie

kidsmooth
Silver Member
leaguedude said:
I'm a lefty. What do I do.LOL. Why no lefty's?

He is kidding! You are kidding, arent you? Lefty money spends exactly the same as righty money. :)

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lincoln lam said:
anyway to get there by public transport from UofT St george campus?

I am almost sure there is, but when we finish up around 3-4 am there may not be any to get back home....

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
leaguedude said:
I'm a lefty. What do I do.LOL. Why no lefty's?

Leftys are the devils spawn!

It is also true about the lefty vs righty money.

johnnydub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it wasnt so far from were I am I would love to come for some cheap sets, damn

Robbie

kidsmooth
Silver Member
Hope you get a good turnout, looking forward to hearing about it. Ill be there next week if its on.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robbie said:
Hope you get a good turnout, looking forward to hearing about it. Ill be there next week if its on.

We had three sessions last week, thursday night, friday night and sunday.

Id like to keep it on a weekly basis, we'll see what is going on. Id like to be able to get some money games going on a consistant basis like I hear about in the 'good ol days' from the Juice. When you guys played all night until the sun came up and played for what seemed like billions of dollars. haha.

xpatcan1

xpatcanuck@hotmail.com
Silver Member
was a fun night i think i will be there again, that is if rob didnt scare them all so bad they wont come back!

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A good night had by all, except Nigel who complained about the spots, the games, the players and my bad jokes.

xpatcan1

xpatcanuck@hotmail.com
Silver Member
D_Lewis said:
A good night had by all, except Nigel who complained about the spots, the games, the players and my bad jokes.
who was Nigel? i forgot everyones name by the time i got home haha.

srs314

shooterville.com
I had a good time, a friend of mine got in a few small sets but yes it would be nice to get some bigger stuff going. I will talk to some of the guys at Shooters on Monday. Maybe I can try to setup a feature match or something.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would be great.

We ended up leaving pretty late, Amanda was very good to all of us.

Big thanks to Bobby D's!

Big match this week? Me VS Rob B. Ive already told him the spot. I get the breaks, 4 out, and 3 to 7 for $5. haha.

Scott, your insight on the game and players ability could be very good for handicapping matches for players that we dont really know that you do. Personally, I dont mind giving games or getting games as long as I get a fair match.

Last edited:

srs314

shooterville.com
As far as my insight and handicapping matches I try to not get involved cuz I don't want anyone to lose and feel I put them in a bad match especially in 9-ball that has so many factors that have nothing to do with the ability of the players that effect the outcome.

I think I would suggest that players start off betting small until they figure out what the right game is.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Perhaps you should play 8-ball or 10-ball to make the sessions more fair. 9-ball is a great game, but can become "slash for the cash" too quickly with big ball spots or game spots.

Dan, are you looking to actually play real sets, or just take money from fish? I've offered to play you for money countless times now, and I don't hear you taking me up on my game. Is my money not green enough for you?