Bad news from Saskatoon, Doug Nutter passes

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Doug Nutter passed on the other day. He will be missed by his friends and fellow pool players, and his passing leaves a big hole in the Saskatoon pool scene.

Doug was instumental in setting up and running the Q-Time pool leagues and saturday house tournaments at the Snooker Shack. Looking like he either just got out of bed, or hadn't been to bed for a few days, Doug was always there for pool.

RIP my friend.

Dave

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Sorry to hear that Dave. He probably left some big shoes to fill. How old was he?

I will have to let our LO know. It is a good possibility that Doug is the guy that Chris mentioned coordinating the Regina, S'Toon tourneys with in the near future. That would have been the one that would have eventually took the place of The Spring Break Tourney. I mentioned that one to you some time ago.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Sorry to hear that Dave. He probably left some big shoes to fill. How old was he?

Mid - late 50s ???? Doug had a heart attack at Pacific Billiards just before a Saturday tournament last year. I don't know if he had another.

I will have to let our LO know. It is a good possibility that Doug is the guy that Chris mentioned coordinating the Regina, S'Toon tourneys with in the near future. That would have been the one that would have eventually took the place of The Spring Break Tourney. I mentioned that one to you some time ago.

Yes, I recall that discussion .... and yes, it is very possible that Doug was the Saskatoon connection. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance Terry.

Dave