Basic rugged 3x4

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Well after all the great reviews on this case I decided to order one. I already own a Wave 2x3 and like it but I also want a 3x4 in the Basic rugged. The problem is the are out of the 3x4's and wont be getting anymore in for a long time. Seyberts still offers the 3x6 so I ordered it, after receiving it I decided I still would rather have the 3x4.

Seyberts has a great return policy so there is no problem on the return. I realize I can go directly to JB cases and order but the shipping is a deal breaker for me. These cases are perfect for what I want but they seem to be in demand so I will wait.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
He has some ultimate rugged cases for sale right now for $160 shipped. He has lots of colors to choose from on these also. Extra top pocket and handle on top of lid. I have two and love them. The PERFECT everyday carry cases. I have a 1x2 and 3x4 ultimate rugged. This is the way to go if you want colors other than black.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
He has some ultimate rugged cases for sale right now for $160 shipped. He has lots of colors to choose from on these also. Extra top pocket and handle on top of lid. I have two and love them. The PERFECT everyday carry cases. I have a 1x2 and 3x4 ultimate rugged. This is the way to go if you want colors other than black.

Thanks for the info! I don't mind the black but the lid handle would be nice.:cool:

stefunny823

Registered
Since the interior is snug, I wonder over time would it fray our wraps.

I have a 3X4 Rugged and so far have stored a wrapless, linen, Predator leather, Italian leather and an elephant ear wrap. They're snug, but the material used in the interior is so soft I can't imagine it doing any damage at all. I'll say that the elephant ear made a weird almost velcro sound when I inserted and removed the cue. I was more afraid that the friction would fray the interior of the case, not other way around. I've since changed out the wrap though so I can't speak to any wear over time.

I LOVE my Rugged. This was my first JB case, and will definitely not be my last. :smile:

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I've been using a JB Prototype case for nearly 2 years now, and I'm needing an additional case. Go to Seyberts to order one of these Rugged's, and I can't find em. Are they out or stopped carrying them?

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
So I've been using a JB Prototype case for nearly 2 years now, and I'm needing an additional case. Go to Seyberts to order one of these Rugged's, and I can't find em. Are they out or stopped carrying them?

I am not sure whats going on but I decided the cases are to good to let shipping costs get in the way. I ordered one from JB with a several upgrades and will be looking forward to getting it in the next few weeks. The 3x4 seems to be a perfect size, I am surprised more case makers don't offer it.

wilkamania

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought I missed out on Seybert's Rugged cases too. My friend bought two last year (2x3 and 3x6). I was holding out for whatever reason, then they were sold out.

I noticed yesterday that they are back up and they have a new assortment of Ultimate JB rugged cases.

Definitely not going to miss my opportunity this time. :thumbup:

Now the decision is do I get a 2x3 or 3x4, and Ultimate or basic? Such hard choices ;)

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought I missed out on Seybert's Rugged cases too. My friend bought two last year (2x3 and 3x6). I was holding out for whatever reason, then they were sold out.

I noticed yesterday that they are back up and they have a new assortment of Ultimate JB rugged cases.

Definitely not going to miss my opportunity this time. :thumbup:

Now the decision is do I get a 2x3 or 3x4, and Ultimate or basic? Such hard choices ;)

whats the difference between the basic and ultimate??

kenexcelon

Registered
I believe the ultimate rugged has an additional pocket on the front and a handle on the top. Other than that, I think they are identical.

whats the difference between the basic and ultimate??

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the ultimates also usually, though maybe not always, have a non-black interior which makes it easier to see into and find the slots for your cue.

I have a 3x4 and 3x6 Ultimate Rugged I got from JB but Seyberts just posted some more and in the color I originally wanted but wasn't available when I bought my cases. So I just added another 3x4 Ultimage in all navy. I'll probably let go of one of my other two once it shows up and put the navy one into duty as my playing case. These cases are just way nicer than their price would indicate.

I think the Ultimate is the way to go for a playing case. I find the top handle very useful and I love the added 3rd pocket. I keep it empty until I pull my cues out and then the joint protectors go in there so I never have to search for them. Little things but ones I really appreciate. If you just need a case for storage then the basic rugged is a ridiculous bargain for the protection you get.

wilkamania

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the ultimates also usually, though maybe not always, have a non-black interior which makes it easier to see into and find the slots for your cue.

I have a 3x4 and 3x6 Ultimate Rugged I got from JB but Seyberts just posted some more and in the color I originally wanted but wasn't available when I bought my cases. So I just added another 3x4 Ultimage in all navy. I'll probably let go of one of my other two once it shows up and put the navy one into duty as my playing case. These cases are just way nicer than their price would indicate.

I think the Ultimate is the way to go for a playing case. I find the top handle very useful and I love the added 3rd pocket. I keep it empty until I pull my cues out and then the joint protectors go in there so I never have to search for them. Little things but ones I really appreciate. If you just need a case for storage then the basic rugged is a ridiculous bargain for the protection you get.

Actually just received my basic 2x3 last week. I like the extra options the ultimate has, but trying to keep costs down and not draw attention. The interior of my basic rugged is actually blue, which is real nice. My friend's basic was black (he bought the first run).

ANyway, you can't go wrong. The price is right, the case is amazing.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I received my JB basic rugged last week from John. I was under the impression that Seybert's would not be getting any more for along time so I went direct. I am glad that I ordered mine due to the way I needed it customized.

The case came to me in perfect condition and I am thrilled. The best part was John called me and confirmed my shipping address and we were able to talk for a while.

I can't say enough about the case and the rubber bottom is the nutzzzz.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I received my JB basic rugged last week from John. I was under the impression that Seybert's would not be getting any more for along time so I went direct. I am glad that I ordered mine due to the way I needed it customized.

The case came to me in perfect condition and I am thrilled. The best part was John called me and confirmed my shipping address and we were able to talk for a while.

I can't say enough about the case and the rubber bottom is the nutzzzz.

Where is this pic...LOL.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rubber bottom is a surprisingly great feature. I've had cases with mental button feet and they slip easily on hard floor, makes it hard to lean the case up in the corner. Not so with the rubber bottom which makes finding a spot to stash the case while you're playing much easier.

I am thinking about getting an ultimate rugged 4x8 to use for storage of collectable cues. Does the exterior come in black?