CSI INVITATIONAL 8-BALL (July 23-25, 2014) 16 Players (Winner $8K/ Runner up $5K)

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
So Ko Ping Chung hooks himself on the 8 but gets out a jump cue and fires it in. I'm ok with allowing jump cues, but why are they allowed now when they weren't allowed a few days ago in the 10 ball? Seems a pretty capricious change.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For today's 5 matches (74 games) on the feature table, the B&R percentage was 49%.:eek:

6 of 6 for Bustamante

6 of 9 for Souquet

5 of 8 for SVB

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
I think people are just starting to warm up to the more unfamiliar players which will ultimately get them on the stream more. It's probably really hard deciding which match to show at any given time, With that said tomorrow's line up is killer. It is also good to see Mike D. playing on camera the way he does off camera, now people see why he was on the Mosconi Cup team consistently. I have no idea who is going to snap this tourney off....races feel a bit short to me, 11 or 13 seem like they would be more telling and not take too much longer.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... races feel a bit short to me, 11 or 13 seem like they would be more telling and not take too much longer.

These 8-Ball matches certainly can be short, like the Bustamante match tonight with 8 B&R's in 11 games.

But the average length of tonight's 5 matches was 104 minutes. For comparison, the average length of the 14 streamed 10-Ball races to 9 was 105 minutes.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
These 8-Ball matches certainly can be short, like the Bustamante match tonight with 8 B&R's in 11 games.

But the average length of tonight's 5 matches was 104 minutes. For comparison, the average length of the 14 streamed 10-Ball races to 9 was 105 minutes.

I hate numbers people....for some reason they are right more often than others...so annoying hahaha:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think people are just starting to warm up to the more unfamiliar players which will ultimately get them on the stream more. It's probably really hard deciding which match to show at any given time, with that said tomorrow's line up is killer. It is also good to see mike d. Playing on camera the way he does off camera, now people see why he was on the mosconi cup team consistently. i have no idea who is going to snap this tourney off....races feel a bit short to me, 11 or 13 seem like they would be more telling and not take too much longer.

-------------> what ?

CSI - Ozzy

Banned
Day #1 Standings

Here are the standings after Day #1

8ball_Group_A.jpg

8ball_group_B.jpg

8ball_group_C.jpg

8ball_group_D.jpg

8-Ball Standings.jpg

CSI - Ozzy

Banned
Day #2 Schedule

Here is the schedule for today. All times are pacific standard time. The scheduled primary TV matches are in red.

11am
Thorsten Hohmann vs Jung-Lin Chang (winner will be 2-0)
Corey Deuel vs Efren Reyes (loser will be 0-2 with no chance to win the group)

1pm
Shane Van Boening vs Dennis Orcollo (SVB must win to stay alive in the group)
Ralf Souquet vs Yu-Hsuan Cheng (Cheng must win to stay alive in the group)

3pm
Darren Appleton vs Pin-Yi Ko (Ko must win to stay alive in the group)
John Morra vs Francisco Bustamante (Morra must win to stay alive in the group)

5pm
Mike Dechaine vs Ping-Chung Ko (both are 2-0, so the winner wins the group)
Jayson Shaw vs Warren Kiamco (loser finishes last in the group)

7pm
Thorsten Hohmann vs Efren Reyes (Efren must win to stay alive in the group)
Corey Deuel vs Jung-Lin Chang (the consequences of this match will be determined by the 11am round)

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kozoom probably spent $20-$30K streaming that event and that doesnt include what they invested in tech to do the multiple table scoring and streaming. Our budget is a fraction of that for a crew of five for ten days.

As to the audio level difference between commercials I'll fix that today.

We are creating a lot of content here that no one has seen yet that will be released after the event. One particular project is one of the best things I have ever worked on.

Thanks Justin; that is my only complaint also. I'm loving the matches but i have my computer completely maxed out on volume and can barely hear. Ken is ok at times you can hear him ok but when cotton and rest speak it is hard to hear. Then the predator commercials come on and they blast you out ! thanks much if you can fix ! Other than that the stream quality is fantastic !

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the schedule for today. All times are pacific standard time. The scheduled primary TV matches are in red.

11am
Thorsten Hohmann vs Jung-Lin Chang (winner will be 2-0)
Corey Deuel vs Efren Reyes (loser will be 0-2 with no chance to win the group)

1pm
Shane Van Boening vs Dennis Orcollo (SVB must win to stay alive in the group)
Ralf Souquet vs Yu-Hsuan Cheng (Cheng must win to stay alive in the group)

3pm
Darren Appleton vs Pin-Yi Ko (Ko must win to stay alive in the group)
John Morra vs Francisco Bustamante (Morra must win to stay alive in the group)

5pm
Mike Dechaine vs Ping-Chung Ko (both are 2-0, so the winner wins the group)
Jayson Shaw vs Warren Kiamco (loser finishes last in the group)

7pm
Thorsten Hohmann vs Efren Reyes (Efren must win to stay alive in the group)
Corey Deuel vs Jung-Lin Chang (the consequences of this match will be determined by the 11am round)

Thanks for the streaming info. And it is good that you choose the critical group matches to stream . Am glad that you are streaming Thorsten-Chang match instead of Corey-Efren as there was talk yesterday that Corey-Efren will be streamed instead :grin:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Day 2 just started with streaming table match Thorsten v Chang to determine leader of Group B
Chang won lag and 1st rack for 1-0 lead . Deuel just took lead v Efren 1-0
All 5 streaming matches will be monster matches between big guns... bigger matches than yesterday
:grin:

After Day 1 yesterday 2 players Kiamco and Shaw are already eliminated. Today Day 2 winners of Group A and B who will be 2 of 4 semi finalists will be decided. By end of today another 4 players will be eliminated

Table Standings, Results until yesterday
http://www.playcsipool.com/portals/0/Invitationals/8-Ball Standings.png
http://www.playcsipool.com/Events/UpcomingEvents/2014CSIInvitationals/8BallScheduleResults.aspx

24 July2014 (Thu) Round Robin Live Scores

All times are Pacific Standard time (i.e. GMT -7 hours).
The streaming matches are highlighted in red.
Group B
11am
Thorsten Hohmann vs Jung-Lin Chang 0-1
Corey Deuel vs Efren Reyes 1-0

Group C
1pm
Shane Van Boening vs Dennis Orcollo
Ralf Souquet vs Yu-Hsuan Cheng

Group D
3pm
Darren Appleton vs Pin-Yi Ko
John Morra vs Francisco Bustamante

Group A
5pm
Mike Dechaine vs Ping-Chung Ko
Jayson Shaw vs Warren Kiamco

Group B
7pm
Thorsten Hohmann vs Efren Reyes
Corey Deuel vs Jung-Lin Chang

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Table Standings, Results until yesterday
http://www.playcsipool.com/portals/0/Invitationals/8-Ball Standings.png
http://www.playcsipool.com/Events/UpcomingEvents/2014CSIInvitationals/8BallScheduleResults.aspx

24 July2014 (Thu) Round Robin Live Scores

All times are Pacific Standard time (i.e. GMT -7 hours).
The streaming matches are highlighted in red.
Group B
11am
Thorsten Hohmann vs Jung-Lin Chang 1-1
Corey Deuel vs Efren Reyes 2-0

Group C
1pm
Shane Van Boening vs Dennis Orcollo
Ralf Souquet vs Yu-Hsuan Cheng

Group D
3pm
Darren Appleton vs Pin-Yi Ko
John Morra vs Francisco Bustamante

Group A
5pm
Mike Dechaine vs Ping-Chung Ko
Jayson Shaw vs Warren Kiamco

Group B
7pm
Thorsten Hohmann vs Efren Reyes
Corey Deuel vs Jung-Lin Chang

vincentwu817

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like Efren has been playing very poorly recently. I can almost call all the shots he is about to miss. I caught him hanging around thr oxygen bar at the Rio. Guess that dodnt help :D