If you really want to know how Shanelle Lorain plays

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-TIgCr-uUw&list=PL8FCCA51147D9648E&index=6&feature=plpp_video

I don't even understand the chinese commentators and I know they're laughing at her. She was at the table a total of 2 times in this match.

If that is the match I watched, I didn't hear the sound, but there was not much to laugh about.

She missed the 2 ball in the first game, then came back to the table down 6-0 after a safety and had no shot. Missed the kick, gave up BIH and sat down for the end.

She won 2 games in 3 sets at the Amway Cup. Enough said

I don't know about the other sets...as you said she won 2 games in 3 sets...but I do know that the way that girl played..she would have beat any living human....I truly don't know how Shanelle Lorain plays....but I do know your pretty quick to judge...with enough said comment.
If you have ever been in the pit...and had someone catch a gear like that on you....maybe you wouldn't be so ugly toward her.
She shows class for the game....and took the beaten well...ENOUGH SAID?

Mark Gregory

If that is the match I watched, I didn't hear the sound, but there was not much to laugh about.

She missed the 2 ball in the first game, then came back to the table down 6-0 after a safety and had no shot. Missed the kick, gave up BIH and sat down for the end.

Good post....you understand the game well.

Mark Gregory

JMuck

Silver Member
The player from Taiwan was a very strong player.Lorain was certainly out classed.Those heels that she was wearing may be good for image but not great for world class pool.

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know about the other sets...as you said she won 2 games in 3 sets...but I do know that the way that girl played..she would have beat any living human....I truly don't know how Shanelle Lorain plays....but I do know your pretty quick to judge...with enough said comment.
If you have ever been in the pit...and had someone catch a gear like that on you....maybe you wouldn't be so ugly toward her.
She shows class for the game....and took the beaten well...ENOUGH SAID?

Mark Gregory

You are correct. She really had no opportunity after the miss in the first game and the way it went you could not tell if she can play or not. The kick she did miss hitting was not difficult but after sitting though a runout followed by a 5 pack, she was probably a little rattled and cold.

She did look good and kept her composure, even with the bad loss.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I seem to remember a match where Mika was blanked in the finals of the US open.

Anyone want to categorize his game by one performance?

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-TIgCr-uUw&list=PL8FCCA51147D9648E&index=6&feature=plpp_video

I don't even understand the chinese commentators and I know they're laughing at her. She was at the table a total of 2 times in this match.

The commentators were professional and didn't outright "dis" her, from the few minutes I heard.. I didnt watch the whole match, but the few minutes I skipped to, they seemed ok. Most of the commentary centered around Pei. Then again, the majority of the match had Pei at the table. I did catch one comment where one guy was talking about how Shanelle is known to do a lot of photo shoots, etc. I guess you can say that is a mildly snide remark, but when you are getting goose egged in the match and haven't made but a handful of balls, I suppose you have to say something...

They did compliment Shanelle on her "very strong opening break". She pocketed 2 or 3 balls and had a good shot on the 2.

Eric

Last edited:

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone is talking about the one set they saw on stream, she play 2 other sets.
The fact is the only reason she is there is to promote dragon promotions and Predator.
As for the guy who said I am quick to judge, lets see she has supposedly been coached by Charlie for at least a couple years now and she cant run 3 balls unless they are ducks, it's actually sad.