Brunswick Magnum Series Pool Cue MG-5 Made by Joss - No Longer Available

Althair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brunswick Magnum Series Pool Cue MG-5 Made by Joss

Apparently very rare Brunswick MG-5 Cue made by Joss (it appears in Joss Archives page). This was the second from the top of the Magnus line cues (and personally I think the more attractive). Forearm is Birdseye Maple (not very bird's-eye-y) with 4 Bocote Points with Ebony Veneer. But is Bocote with European Pearl Diamonds with Ebony Veneer and two Maple Rings with Ebony Veneer.
Numerous very small, shallow dings. If they were in shaft if steam these out easily but I hesitate to do so with the varnished butt. Still, cue could easily be restored AND is very attractive and fully functional as is. Tiny warp to shaft allows about 1/16 inch of light to pass on one side--not really significant in terms of play. Note two shallow scratches parallel to each other and to the grain near the joint of the shaft.
This is an attractive and functional cue with the hit and feel of a Joss but it's primary value is in its rarity. I believe that Joss produced the Magnum line for Brunswick in 1999. I have been shooting at home with this cue and it is sweet! Feels just like my long lost Joss 95-06. Really good. The final photos were attempts to capture the tiny dings mentioned earlier. Hard to photograph but the colors of the woods came through better than the dings did.

List Date: 5/1/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Brunswick Magnum Series Pool Cue MG-5 Made by Joss
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

Last edited:

Althair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted half a dozen. This is my first post on the new platform and I assumed that they were just taking a while to appear. I only posted in the early am hours. If not up soon I will try adding again. Thanks!