Your DREAM table?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Two Gabriels.
One with pockets and one 10-footer w/out.
Diamond lights though.

tedkaufman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JoeyInCali said:
Two Gabriels.
One with pockets and one 10-footer w/out.
Diamond lights though.

Forty years of playing pool and I have never even seen a 10' pool table.

Those Diamond lights are the absolute nuts.

Why would you choose a Gabriel over a Diamond table? I've never seen or played on a Gabriel, so I wonder what's special about them. The Diamond Pro Am is the best table I've ever played on.

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
tedkaufman said:

Those Diamond lights are the absolute nuts.

Why would you choose a Gabriel over a Diamond table? I've never seen or played on a Gabriel, so I wonder what's special about them. The Diamond Pro Am is the best table I've ever played on.
I've seen a 10 foot Gold Crown I.
They do exist.:)
Gabriel's tables have metal frame. 1 1/8 slates that are honed along with those metal frames.
Ernesto said they are the best tables he's worked on.
I can't disagree with him.

14oneman

Straight, no chaser!
Silver Member

I grew up playing on a 1945 Brunswick Centennial 5' x 10' gully table with TIGHT pockets.;)

That would be MY dream table. To get one just like the one I grew up playing on, only I'd change the rubber to Artemis Tournament Cushions and put Simonis 760 on it. A set of Centennial balls and a Diamond Pro ball rack. Take my black sharpie and mark the head string, foot string, and around the rack, and I'd be in Straight Pool Heaven!:D

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
10' Centennial.

Something like this :
centennial_8.jpg

UWPoolGod1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Wilson said:
10' Centennial.

Something like this :
centennial_8.jpg

Same tables I learned on up in Seattle at U. of Washington. They have these models and the Anniversaries as well. The games area manager just won't seem to sell me one. :mad:

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
See my avatar. 9' Brunswick Anniversary. New artemis cushions, Simonis 860. Made the light myself - along with the rest of the room. It's like heaven.

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
my dream table is the one i have now a 2 year old 9ft.Olhausen.HOWEVER if i had alot of money i would like a Brunswick about 1870's vintage.

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
or this?

i like the embassador, completly in leather made 9ft table.its made by a guy from belgium i think.
price tag: 12.500€ or a good 15.000$ (but i would change the feets :s ugly)

Attachments

• AMBASSADOR.jpg
    AMBASSADOR.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,350
  • KYOTO.jpg
    KYOTO.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,326

Hambone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love my Diamond Pro but a Brunswick Marquette has got to be one of the nicest looking tables I have seen.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Tables

I'd have a diamond Pro Pool table.
I'd have a Brunswick Snooker table. (10').
I'd have a Valley oversized Bar table.

I would hold weekly tournaments on Sunday for my friends.
Probably 9 ball, and Golf on the snooker table.

chrstc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My dream table

Hello,
I'd have a 9' Olhausen Monarch with Simonis 860. Curly maple rails and abalone diamond markers. Can't decide on the cloth colour, though. If you want to see what I'm on about then enter these codes into the Olhausen BYOT:

043-440-05261-000-244 (std green cloth)

or

043-440-05261-00A-29L (euro blue cloth)

http://www.olhausenbilliards.com/BYOT.php (currently down for maintenance apparently!!)

By the way does anyone know how much this table would be likely to set me back? As it's just a pipe dream at the moment I don't think it's fair to bother dealers asking for a quote but one day I do plan on getting it if at all possible. I know the UK prices will be different but a rough idea of the US retail or whatever would be great.

Thanks!

Chris (Chrstc).

Last edited:

chrstc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bilijardai

Hello,
Just thought I'd post this as an afterthought. Anyone heard of Bilijardai tables? They used to be used for all the Euro Tour events and are made in Lithuania. They have made Russian Pyramid and Carom tables for years and they started making pool tables more recently. The prices are very good comparitively-speaking.

For those of you who like fancy carved "furniture" tables look at this Pyramid table. The workmanship is incredible:

http://www.bilijardai.lt/index.php?...emid=41&func=viewcategory&catid=1&startpage=2

Personally I like this American pool table that they make:

http://www.bilijardai.lt/index.php?option=com_ponygallery&Itemid=41&func=viewcategory&catid=4

Rather more subdued and modern-looking which is what I prefer.

Thanks,
Chris (Chrstc).

14oneman

Straight, no chaser!
Silver Member
Mr. Wilson said:
10' Centennial.

Something like this :
centennial_8.jpg

Ah, Mr. Wilson, my keyboard seems to be shorting out from all the drool coming from the corner of my mouth....................

Thank you for posting that picture! It brings back GREAT memories!:D :D :D

Last edited: