New Meucci Shaft info wanted

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am considering making yet another Meucci purchase. I already have several Meucci cues and love each and every one of them, but I feel that pressing urge to by the "Pro One" series. It, too, has the Power Piston butt. It also is advertised as having a different tapered shaft than the Black Dot. Has anyone had any experience with this "Pro One" shaft that comes standard on these new cues?

If so, how do they shoot? What's the quality?
Thanks, in advance.:smile:

MeucciMan79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am considering making yet another Meucci purchase. I already have several Meucci cues and love each and every one of them, but I feel that pressing urge to by the "Pro One" series. It, too, has the Power Piston butt. It also is advertised as having a different tapered shaft than the Black Dot. Has anyone had any experience with this "Pro One" shaft that comes standard on these new cues?

Thanks, in advance.:smile:

I shot with Bob Meucci's personal Pro series cue and it was amazing to say the least
:thumbup:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
lol I am speaking the truth, seriously

I believe you because your Meucci collection is over 100 times larger than my Meucci collection.
However I do have some killer Meucci shafts for my 2 Meucci's.
For the HP-1 I have an original, a red dot, and a black dot.
My Meucci original has 2-original shafts.
Once we do the wrap and re-tip I can give a good comparison, but the black dot is the best playing black dot I've seen, and it's dead straight.

Peace
Ted

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe you because your Meucci collection is over 100 times larger than my Meucci collection.
However I do have some killer Meucci shafts for my 2 Meucci's.
For the HP-1 I have an original, a red dot, and a black dot.
My Meucci original has 2-original shafts.
Once we do the wrap and re-tip I can give a good comparison, but the black dot is the best playing black dot I've seen, and it's dead straight.

Peace
Ted

You got a rare one there Ted.
Measureman is still pissed about the piece of crap Meucci he bought in the 80's when they were supposed to be good cues.
It played super until it fell apart and warped with in a year.
Meucci man tell uncle Bob I want my $200 back.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
You got a rare one there Ted.
Measureman is still pissed about the piece of crap Meucci he bought in the 80's when they were supposed to be good cues.
It played super until it fell apart and warped with in a year.
Meucci man tell uncle Bob I want my $200 back.

You saw the 4-pointer on Sunday
What did you think?
The multi-color stain came right off of the 2-point ORIGINAL, and now it looks like a traditional style cue.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You saw the 4-pointer on Sunday
What did you think?
The multi-color stain came right off of the 2-point ORIGINAL, and now it looks like a traditional style cue.

It is a great traditional looking cue. So nice in fact that I would not mind owning or playing with it. Not all Meuccis are evil.

JOKEN

Registered
so how does the pro-series play? the taper looks stronger than on the old 15inch protapert meuccis. is the taper more european? is it hittig stiffer than the typical meucci? i ever liked the feel of this swinging butts....

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd opt for the older shafts! with greatwood lines.

I have several shafts from the mid 90's- when they were made with good shaftwood! Red rings, double green, Hustler shaft, all new never played + black and white extended lenght and another couple. mark

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone had any experience with this "Pro One" shaft that comes standard on these new cues?

Thanks, in advance.

Webbs Billiards

Billiards Dealer
Silver Member
I'm probably gonna order one just to find out, my first thought was its an Ultimate Weapon shaft, but we'll see.

Mar1t1me

Registered
Has anyone had any experience with this "Pro One" shaft that comes standard on these new cues?

Thanks, in advance.

Yes. I have one. I love the way it plays.....however.....I sent the shaft back to be remade because of a small knot that passed completely through the shaft within 6 inches of the ferrule. While it likely didn't affect playability, I found it visually distracting, since none of my other cues have such a mark. In my experience, high quality blanks do not have knots, so I don't know what's going on there, but when I get the new one, I'll post about how long it took and the quality of the remake. I adore the cue-the Pro 2- and really miss playing with it.....

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
all those new meucci's have the g-10 pin and an stainless (maybe aluminum?) looks like 3/8x11 thread?

i am not a huge meuci fan as of late.. although.. i loved them all the way up to around the 97 series.. it just seemed the quality was way down.. and i feel if bob still made them with the quality of work and quality of materials he used in the originals.. he would still be huge..

i still like the look of some of the ones that dont use much of the colored plastic inlays..

and i didnt get a chance to try one of the new ones.. i got a chance to hold one and i put the shaft on and took it off several times.. the shaft went on really smooth..

hopefully this is a quality turn around for them..

chris

Last edited:

Mar1t1me

Registered
Meucci! :thumbup:.

To their credit, in less than a week, I got a brand new flawless shaft.....that won't screw on the butt! :banghead: Here's where it gets interesting.....the shaft goes on my McD C-8 just fine, but my McD shaft is a super tight fit on the G-10 pin. I think the threads in the pin aren't as deep as the ones in the shaft, they need to use a different tap on the shafts intended for this pin, or use a different vendor for the pin....

Gotta say, I was shooting like a fiend with this cue, but they need to keep elementary things like being able to screw a cue together from being something that further blackens their eyes.....

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To their credit, in less than a week, I got a brand new flawless shaft.....that won't screw on the butt! :banghead: they need to keep elementary things like being able to screw a cue together from being something that further blackens their eyes.....

Meucci! :thumbup:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To their credit, in less than a week, I got a brand new flawless shaft.....that won't screw on the butt! :banghead: Here's where it gets interesting.....the shaft goes on my McD C-8 just fine, but my McD shaft is a super tight fit on the G-10 pin. I think the threads in the pin aren't as deep as the ones in the shaft, they need to use a different tap on the shafts intended for this pin, or use a different vendor for the pin....

Gotta say, I was shooting like a fiend with this cue, but they need to keep elementary things like being able to screw a cue together from being something that further blackens their eyes.....

If the pin is 3/8-10...actually Meucci has a more consistant pin size and collar size than a McDermott. The diameter of the older McDermott Collars are all so different. At least Meucci is more consistant in this way.

A McDermott shaft should not be so tight on a McDermott pin.
Not sure why you didn't send the butt to Meucci to fit a shaft on it.

Oh that's right...it might of taken 2 years to get it back.:mad:

Mar1t1me

Registered
If the pin is 3/8-10...actually Meucci has a more consistant pin size and collar size than a McDermott. The diameter of the older McDermott Collars are all so different. At least Meucci is more consistant in this way.

A McDermott shaft should not be so tight on a McDermott pin.
Not sure why you didn't send the butt to Meucci to fit a shaft on it.

Oh that's right...it might of taken 2 years to get it back.:mad:

Well it all went back this time. We'll see what comes back.....

It's a 3/8-10 pin on both cues, but the thread depth is quite different between the two.....