pocket blockers

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would enjoy playing some 3C occasionally, but the nearest table is 60 miles away. Have any of you had experience with pocket blockers for 9 ft GC or Diamond tables? Who make them and where are they available? Thanks

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are the rails the same height? Also, I thought the specs on the billiards rubber/or width was different ? If so, the larger balls would not play true.

I am asking, not saying. It has been awhile.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Also, aren't billiard tables heated? Would a regular table with blockers play the same? Good thread though! Surprisingly refreshing from everything else that's being asked here.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
http://www.classicbilliards.net/html/carom_inserts.cfm
It of course wont play exactly like a real billiard table, but they are available.
Search for billiard pocket conversion, pocket plugs etc
Chuck

I played with a set on a gold crown many many moons ago and unless you were trying to do something stupid like shooting into them to go 5 rails they didn't play bad at all.... Would be nice to see a new take on them but carom is an afterthought most places these days

Skratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too have to travel many miles to get on a 3c table. I try to use a pocket table avoiding the pockets. Still doesn't accurately recreate the way carom balls move on a 3 c table. Wrong ball size and wrong rail dimensions. Also ever notice how different the ball move near the pocket. There's no rubber to support on one side of where the ball bounced. Having pocket blockers doesn't resolve this. There's still a discontinuity of the rail.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Also, aren't billiard tables heated? Would a regular table with blockers play the same? Good thread though! Surprisingly refreshing from everything else that's being asked here.

agree. billiards tables are heated, which is why guys get 5 rails with a relatively slow stroke. I'm fortunate enough to see the verhausen open and some other major tournaments, and if these guys tried the same on a pool table they would look amateurish. thats not to say that its a bad idea, you'll end up being one of the best kickers in the game with enough practice on a pook table with blocked pockets.

KeithS66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many years ago my dad made a set for me using some old cushion rubber and they didn't do too bad. Like a previous poster said you couldn't shoot directly into and be accurate but I loved being able to play so it was worth it to me and I could show my friend friends the game a little.