Castle Billiards NJ, throw player out for being too good

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ramesh Danny Gokul

"Can't believe what just happened...playing in a handicapped tournament at Castle Billiards in NJ...I'm at the highest handicap....Lost my first match yesterday and won the next 5 on the one loss side...came back today with 8 players left...the tournament director decides that I play too good and kicks me out, giving me my entry back...ain't that some B.S???"

Personally can't believe this happened. First the CSI scandal now this. There were a bunch of comments on this from to players such as Appleton and shaw etc saying things like welcome to the US pool world and yes this is normal by other players.
This is normal? Even worse many were indicating that race had something to do with it or the TD had a stake in someone else. First was $1700 I think.

Pure BS
Unless they ban pros and you are one.
The days of players matching up and seeing who's best are over. To let you play 6 sets and can you on day 2 is wrong .
Nobody has and heart anymore. Shame on CASTLE billiards. Not to be confused with the awesome Sandcastle Billiards.

Last edited:

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You were the highest handicap meaning you are the least skilled player, therfore you are receiving the most "weight" in the tournament?

If this is the case, were you honestly the least skilled player in the tournament?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They ar a-d level events, right?

I guess if it is determined that a player is outside that range...that would make him in eligible to play.

Doesn't make it easier to swallow...pool is funny. As it has been said often: the sport punishes you for getting better.

I'd like to hear the other side of the story.

And it coulda been worse, at least you (he;)) got a refund.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You were the highest handicap meaning you are the least skilled player, therfore you are receiving the most "weight" in the tournament?

If this is the case, were you honestly the least skilled player in the tournament?

I think he was the most skilled handicap...

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. He should have let you continue playing.

2. Your handicap could have been bumped up a few games by the TD or yourself.

I can understand his point for future tournaments and not wanting players to pass on entering because you might walk away with it, even though someone beat you.

Shane recently played in a local weekly 9-ball tournament where the top level goes to 6 games. Shane had to go to 12 and still won.

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pure BS
Unless they ban pros and you are one.
The days of players matching up and seeing who's best are over. To let you play 6 sets and can you on day 2 is wrong .
Nobody has and heart anymore. Shame on CASTLE.

CORRECTION ABOVE in BOLD....completely different place from Sandcastle. Both places promote playing your best and don't kick people out to the best of my knowledge for excelling at the game.

Good shooting to you! Sorry to hear this happened.

Kevin

Last edited:

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

sorry I meant highest skilled handicap meaning giving the most weight

sopadre

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they kicked you out for being too good,they then need to kick out the player who beat you!!!! LOL:thumbup:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Ramesh Danny Gokul

"Can't believe what just happened...playing in a handicapped tournament at Castle Billiards in NJ...I'm at the highest handicap....Lost my first match yesterday and won the next 5 on the one loss side...came back today with 8 players left...the tournament director decides that I play too good and kicks me out, giving me my entry back...ain't that some B.S???"

Personally can't believe this happened. First the CSI scandal now this. There were a bunch of comments on this from to players such as Appleton and shaw etc saying things like welcome to the US pool world and yes this is normal by other players.
This is normal? Even worse many were indicating that race had something to do with it or the TD had a stake in someone else. First was $1700 I think.

Ok, changed my response. no sandbagging allowed ;)

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Some of these TD's think they are God. Most of them couldn't direct traffic in a one-horse town. Johnnyt

scttybee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how many tri-states or handicapped tourneys have you played in the tri-state tour?if you were there for the first time i am sure scott and john warned you if you play too good youre out.dont come on here complaining if youre the same guy who won the aruba classic.castle s a great room and youre full of shit if it was the first time you were there and they didnt warn you.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ramesh Danny Gokul

Actually, no, it's not some BS. The guys who run the Tri State tour are stand-up guys. Obviously, you don't belong in that event. You probably knew it, too, actionplayer.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
*If* your speed was represented accurately and you were accepted into this tourney then they should allow you to compete.

If you arrived as an unknown skill level and they were only able to take your word for it and it looked like you were above the level you declared, I think the td could then have an option to either handicap you further or forfeit you out of the tourney.

Was your skill known to the td or were there reliable people there who were able to vouch for you?

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Can you provide some details? When was this tournament at Castle Billiards?
Was this an in-house, Tri-State, Predator or Mezz tour?

Castle Scotty

Registered
Ramesh Danny Gokul

Hey Danny. My name is Scott Simonetti and I was the TD that gave you your money back and said you could not continue. I did not "decide" that you play to good. I found out you you play open/pro speed on AZBILLIARDS. This was an ABCD level tournament. Whoever told you about this tournament should have warned you that I protect the tournament regulars and that if I find out that a player is trying to "sneak" in they will be thrown out. I understand that you would be unhappy. Also understand that none of the players complained or cried about you like you are crying now... It was my decision based on the info about your speed in these forums. If for one second I thought you would accuse me of making race an issue or that I run an unfair tournament I would have keep your entry fee and then I guess things would have been "even worse." When I have an Open/Pro event you are more than welcome to play and hope you do....I will supply the tissues

Castle Scotty

Registered
Hey Danny. My name is Scott Simonetti and I was the TD that gave you your money back and said you could not continue. I did not "decide" that you play to good. I found out you you play open/pro speed on AZBILLIARDS. This was an ABCD level tournament. Whoever told you about this tournament should have warned you that I protect the tournament regulars and that if I find out that a player is trying to "sneak" in they will be thrown out. I understand that you would be unhappy. Also understand that none of the players complained or cried about you like you are crying now... It was my decision based on the info about your speed in these forums. If for one second I thought you would accuse me of making race an issue or that I run an unfair tournament I would have keep your entry fee and then I guess things would have been "even worse." When I have an Open/Pro event you are more than welcome to play and hope you do....I will supply the tissues
The Final Destination Weekend was a complete success. I had 27 players for the friday night 9ball event. For the $1000 8-ball event I had a rediculiously tough field of 38 from all over Illinois and beyond.

9-ball results

1st Danny Gokuhl (London, England) $250
2nd Donny Durand (Peoria, Illinois) $200
3rd Steve Boucher (St. Louis, Illinois) $130
4th Mike Dunklin (Bloomington, Illinois) $80
5th/6th Michael Verkruyse (Champaign Illinois) $40
5th/6th Dustin Wilgus (Champaign Illinois) $40

Ramesh "Danny" Gokhul was the champion this weekend. Winning both the 8 ball and 9 ball events. Friday night he went undefeated and Saturday night he came fighting to earn the hot seat against Jason Klatt. Klatt defeated Gokhul in a fantastic match that ended 7-6. Also Saturday night, the young gun Martin Zavala Jr. took on Donny Thompson for the right to play Klatt in the hot seat. Zavala defeated Thompson 7-4. This set up the matches between Stephen Boucher and Donnie Thompson along with Gokhul and Ike Runnels on the one loss side and Zavala Jr taking on Jason Klatt in the hot seat. Boucher took on Thompson and defeated Thompson 7-3 and in a two hour spectacle, Gokhul defeared Runnels on the hill, 7-6. In the hot seat Klatt took on Zavala jr and was victorious in a 7-2 margin. The next match Gokhul took down Boucher in a 7-5 fashion. Zavala jr had a shot at redemption to face Klatt but Gokhul would have none of it, defeating Zavala 7-3. The main event was set up as Gokhul returned to take on Klatt. In order to win Gokhul had to defeat Klatt twice. Gokhul hit a gear spectators hadn't seen all weekend and defeated Klatt 7-2 and 7-1 to become the Final Destination 8-ball Champion!

A special thank you to everyone who attended.

Results

1st-Ramesh "Danny" Gokhul (London, England) $880/$1,230
2nd-Jason Klatt (Bloomington, Illinois) $500/$600
3rd-Martin Zavala Jr. (Joliet, Illinois) $240/$400
4th-Stephen Boucher (St. Louis, Illinois) $180/$200
5th/6th- Ike Runnels (Kankakee, Illinois) $120
5th/6th- Donny Thompson (Ottawa, Illinois) $120
7th/8th- Gene Albrecht (?, Wisconsin) $80
7th/8th- Dawayne Pearson (St. Louis, Illinois) $80