Fusco's The Spot (smoking allowed - nasty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I spent a few hours at Fusco's The Spot and when I got home I couldn't tell if I smelled like smoke or not.

https://www.facebook.com/Fuscothespot?rf=119959904685946

After I showered it was clear. I stank like a dirty wet sock. I guess smokers don't notice/care since their sense of smell is already impacted.

I think I'm done with that place, at least until they make a no-smoking poolroom.

It's a shame, good people and equipment, unfortunately it comes at a cost...carcinogens and nasty smell.

Time to find another room...thankfully most get a clue and don't allow smoking. ;)

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I spent a few hours at Fusco's The Spot and when I got home I couldn't tell if I smelled like smoke or not.

After I showered it was clear. I stank like a dirty wet sock. I guess smokers don't notice/care since their sense of smell is already impacted.

I think I'm done with that place, at least until they make a no-smoking poolroom.

It's a shame, good people and equipment, unfortunately it comes at a cost...carcinogens and nasty smell.

Time to find another room...thankfully most get a clue and don't allow smoking. ;)
I was in a place last week that even had smoke eaters and it doesn't seem to matter. I drove home with the windows open I smelled so bad.

After a shower I could not get rid of the small it was in my lungs and I tasted it for several days. I don't really see how people who don't smoke can stand it.

When I do go out I go in one non smoking place once and a while but beyond that I just play at home.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Arizona is pretty much smoke free except for private clubs. Like the American Legion, Elks for example. The old days when smoking in pool rooms, bars was allowed was terrible.

RayBell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pennsylvania was the last to raise the speed limit from 55. Probably be the last to stop smoking indoors....:confused:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poolmouse...I hear ya! I can't stand smoke either, and love to find non-smoking rooms...which are rare. I've spent about 20 hrs at Mile High Billiards in Arvada CO over the past few days, and it's been great...it's a nonsmoking room. Just finished a 3 day pool school two weeks ago at Crown Billiards in San Ramon CA (another non smoking room). Rooms like this are definitely a breath of fresh air! LOL

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Dude, you think that's bad. Go to Buffalo's in New Orleans. It makes The Spot smell like a French Wore House.

Stupid smokers, And when they get cancer they sue somebody because it wasn't their fault:angry:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Try this....

If you know there is smoking allowed and you DO NOT SMOKE... why the hell would you go to a place that allows smoking?

I am a non-smoker, occasional cigar, but damn I can read a sign, I can walk into a place and know within seconds if I am going to be able to stay.

....and the same people here... tell others to use the ignore button... irony...

JV

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In NJ all rooms, bowling alleys and bars are smoke free. As a non smoker I'm all for that. Before they implemented that law I would smell like a dirty ashtray every time we'd go out.

Went to Raytown Rec last year in KC with my son. The room is in the basement, no windows or air movement and folks were smoking like their ass was on fire. Had fun playing but was gagging on the air.

I hate intrusive laws but in this case, since smokers are generally inconsiderate of others, I like it.

Last edited:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Dude, you think that's bad. Go to Buffalo's in New Orleans. It makes The Spot smell like a French Wore House.

Stupid smokers, And when they get cancer they sue somebody because it wasn't their fault:angry:

How about the stupid ass drinkers? They smell and are obnoxious and kill our families
Go somewhere you KNOW they smoke just to ***** about the smoke
In not calling all drinkers stupid and I don't appreciate being called stupid because I smoke :mad:

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don , we appreciate your feedback and apologize for your experience.
We are and have been a smoking /byob establishment (private social club) since we opened in 2006 and make no attempt to hide this information from the public.
In hindsight it would have been much better if we had atleast a designated Smoking/nonsmoking area set up at the time we moved into this location.
I can say your not the first nonsmoker to not enjoy the atmospheric conditions at times on a busy weekend night.
Unfortunatlly , At this point it wouldnt be possible to properly "quarantine" an area away from the smokers with the 25'ceilings and a 100 ' long building. We do have scented odor control devices in effect as well as 10 smoke eaters to help out as much as possible.
Its a shame cause i know your a player and we have plenty of worthy competition here to accommadate you, If i could persuade you to try it during the day i can say its not even close as "smoky" in here compared to a saturday night, but still a decent day crowd non the less. Once again thank you for your feedback and good luck.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Try this....

If you know there is smoking allowed and you DO NOT SMOKE... why the hell would you go to a place that allows smoking?

I am a non-smoker, occasional cigar, but damn I can read a sign, I can walk into a place and know within seconds if I am going to be able to stay.

....and the same people here... tell others to use the ignore button... irony...

JV
error =======

Last edited:

nahog99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don , we appreciate your feedback and apologize for your experience.
We are and have been a smoking /byob establishment (private social club) since we opened in 2006 and make no attempt to hide this information from the public.
In hindsight it would have been much better if we had atleast a designated Smoking/nonsmoking area set up at the time we moved into this location.
I can say your not the first nonsmoker to not enjoy the atmospheric conditions at times on a busy weekend night.
Unfortunatlly , At this point it wouldnt be possible to properly "quarantine" an area away from the smokers with the 25'ceilings and a 100 ' long building. We do have scented odor control devices in effect as well as 10 smoke eaters to help out as much as possible.
Its a shame cause i know your a player and we have plenty of worthy competition here to accommadate you, If i could persuade you to try it during the day i can say its not even close as "smoky" in here compared to a saturday night, but still a decent day crowd non the less. Once again thank you for your feedback and good luck.

Nice professional response. I live in Ohio so I'm not familiar with your room but it looks really nice!

thekaiserman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
try this room

Waranington Billiards RT 611 Horsham PA no smoking 15 tables 8ball 9ball tournaments inexpensive.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pennsylvania was the last to raise the speed limit from 55. Probably be the last to stop smoking indoors....:confused:

pa doesn't allow it indoors unless your a bar ... then as long as you don't let kids under 18 in you can do what you please. The non smoking and smoking places both do well. That's called freedom..People deserve the right to go some where where they can smoke (it is still a legal product) and you have your place to go if you don't. obviously there is still a demand for a smoking environment. I'm glad they did get rid of the non smoking section ..lol that made no sense like there was a magical wall in the middle of the restaurant that stopped smoke from going to the non smoking section. Now either you allow smoking or you don't.
Do I smoke? Nope.. do I go places that there is smoke to play pool . yep.. I am fortunate enough to own a washing machine and a shower and just like sweat from a hards day work it all cleans right up lol

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
They say Anti Smoking Law have hurt the Bars, and Pool Room in decreasing business. I stopped for gas a few minutes ago, when up to prepay for the gas, and notived some smokes go for over $8.00/pack that is a very expensive hobby.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I cant stand smoke either but you are barking up the wrong tree here. The pool demographic might have the highest percent of smokers of any other demo. So many of "US" are older than water (ala the Fuscos) and come from a time when smoking was the norm. We use to smoke on Airplanes for Gods sake no matter who was sitting next to us. It's gonna be another 8-10 years before you can think about winning this battle - without help from the government as in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.