Ray Hansen • PoolActionTv.com • What would happen?

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
What would happen to pool if Ray Hansen decided to quit doing LIVE STREAMING?

Some of you might say, "nothing" and you could be right but I have to think that there would be a lot of miserable Live Stream Watchers that enjoy watching his Live Streams of tournaments, action matches and big dollar events which are in a class by themselves.

Don't get me wrong, the rest of the guys that do Live Streaming, work hard too and bring a lot of enjoyment to the pool world but Ray has had a very positive impact on pool in many different areas and seems to be willing to go just about anywhere in the United States to help promote pool.

Ray continues to hone his craft but strives to improve on a daily basis.

One of my favorite things that I like about Ray, is he is CONTINUOUSLY trying to improve his product, which is a lot more than just Live Streaming pool matches.

Ray promotes pool tournaments, pool rooms, pool players, live streams, creates ACTION MATCHES between players, and gets stake horses involved. Ray is always on the lookout for new talent not just on the tables but in the booth as well. The commentators that give incredible effort to poolactiontv's streamed events should take a bow too. Recent additions to Ray's commentator staff is bringing new perspectives and enhancing an already great presentation.

Ray's recent FIGHT NIGHT MATCHES & the BIG DOLLAR EVENTS (which are two separate promotions) have put money in players' pockets (that they wouldn't normally have access to) and brought a whole new level of excitement to the sport. I recently read where champion Warren Kiamco, (after coming in third in a big money event) lamented that you have to be an ATHLETE to win these events. Warren was just being Warren when he said that. He too is a warrior, a champion and an athlete but he was giving credit to those who emerged victorious that day. It's kind of nice to hear pool players say those kind of things, don't you think?

Ray works 12-18 hours per day at these events. Add in the travel time (DRIVING EVERYWHERE HE GOES) and you quickly realize that he is putting in incredible number of hours bring live streams to those of us at home. The PAY, you say? He must be getting paid pretty good to do this right? WRONG! Of that I am positive. Like the pay that the professional players earn, it isn't enough to justify the amount of time they devote to this sport. It is a labor of love for Ray and unfortunately he will never earn enough money to justify the incredible sacrifice that he makes for our sport. Thank goodness that he is still in love with pool after all these years.

Let's give Ray Hansen credit where credit is due.

What is YOUR favorite thing that poolactiontv provides?

What would you like to see Ray add to his promotions?

THANK YOU RAY HANSEN FOR ALL YOU DO FOR POOL.

JoeyA

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh man as a die hard pool nut and live to watch these events on weekends. Almost 50 and have loved and i mean love playing pool,collecting memorabilia and lol my cues. My hat off to Ray Hansen as he is the iron man for pocket billiards live stream in my sincerity opinion. congrats to ray! Thank you sir!!!!! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member

Some of you might say, "nothing" and you could be right but I have to think that there would be a lot of miserable Live Stream Watchers that enjoy watching his Live Streams of tournaments, action matches and big dollar events which are in a class by themselves.

Don't get me wrong, the rest of the guys that do Live Streaming, work hard too and bring a lot of enjoyment to the pool world but Ray has had a very positive impact on pool in many different areas and seems to be willing to go just about anywhere in the United States to help promote pool.

One of my favorite things that I like about Ray, is he is CONTINUOUSLY trying to improve his product, which is a lot more than just Live Streaming pool matches.

Ray promotes pool tournaments, pool rooms, pool players, live streams, creates ACTION MATCHES between players, and gets stake horses involved. Ray is always on the lookout for new talent not just on the tables but in the booth as well. The commentators that give incredible effort to poolactiontv's streamed events should take a bow too. Recent additions to Ray's commentator staff is bringing new perspectives and enhancing an already great presentation.

Ray's recent FIGHT NIGHT MATCHES & the BIG DOLLAR EVENTS (which are two separate promotions) have put money in players' pockets (that they wouldn't normally have access to) and brought a whole new level of excitement to the sport. I recently read where champion Warren Kiamco, (after coming in third in a big money event) lamented that you have to be an ATHLETE to win these events. Warren was just being Warren when he said that. He too is a warrior, a champion and an athlete but he was giving credit to those who emerged victorious that day. It's kind of nice to hear pool players say those kind of things, don't you think?

Ray works 12-18 hours per day at these events. Add in the travel time (DRIVING EVERYWHERE HE GOES) and you quickly realize that he is putting in incredible number of hours bring live streams to those of us at home. The PAY, you say? He must be getting paid pretty good to do this right? WRONG! Of that I am positive. Like the pay that the professional players earn, it isn't enough to justify the amount of time they devote to this sport. It is a labor of love for Ray and unfortunately he will never earn enough money to justify the incredible sacrifice that he makes for our sport. Thank goodness that he is still in love with pool after all these years.

JoeyA

I met Ray briefly at the Smoky Mtn Shootout. I wish I'd taken a little more time to talk with Ray but the tourny schedule was brutal and I was dealing with sleep issues and and I never relaxed to enjoy the event. It was a weekend I'll likely never forget due to lack of preparation on my end and I paid dearly for it. I'm sure I'll run into Ray again and we can can battle for a "chicken dinner" or something . Rays in excellent company though with Scott Rabon sharing the booth and the road with him
I wish them both the very best

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hearing Ray do the calcutta is worth the price of the stream....
....this guy could sell dynamite to Alfred Nobel.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JoeyA

Great post JoeyA! Ray and his product are awesome. I hope he is able to continue doing it as long as he wishes to! :smile:

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JoeyA

Great post. Ray does a fantastic job and he cares about everyone involved.

"What is YOUR favorite thing that poolactiontv provides?

What would you like to see Ray add to his promotions?"

1) The great pool action he makes available.

2) It would be awesome to see Ray get some kind of T.V. deal and some major sponsors. I have faith that he can.

P.S.
I found this interesting: Recently the U.F.C. created a product called fightpass that sounds like a dream if you are an mma fan. One low subscription price (less than $10 a month) gives you 24 hr access to on demand archives of a huge library of fights. I'm talking ufc fights, wec fights, pride fights, affliction fights, elite xc, strikeforce, invicta and even the old wfa. Fights that are tough to find elsewhere in the web due to ufc doing a good job of keeping you tube etc. in line on copywriten material. You can also watch all of the full events (all the way back from ufc 1 to recent ppvs after they air live), full seasons of all of the ultimate fighters, exclusive programing that is awesome, exclusive interviews, exclusive live fights not shown anywhere else. Etc. Like I said, it sounds like a dream for an mma fan for less than $10 a month.

But since it has came out there have been a ton of complaints and people saying they won't get it because of one thing. You have to stream the content. The streams are top of the line too, but there is still a large amount of people who don't want to stream. We are talking about a younger crowd too who are technologically advanced but they still don't like that it is stream only, they want to watch on their TV. Guys say get Roku etc. but that can be expensive.

Anyway, I thought that was interesting and worth sharing here. Nothing against Ray though at all. I appreciate the work he puts in and what he brings us but is there a way, for both his success and the success of pool for him to get his product on the tube?

Here is a small example http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2357194/just-got-fight-pass/?pc=25

Last edited:

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ray is the bomb ! I watch a lot of his streams. Always seems to be great guy. I wish he would have playback. When we see a shot that is outrageous it would be nice to see a replay. Other than that he rocks !

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Ray is the bomb ! I watch a lot of his streams. Always seems to be great guy. I wish he would have playback. When we see a shot that is outrageous it would be nice to see a replay. Other than that he rocks !

He is a great guy with lots of responsibilities which he takes very seriously.

JoeyA

CJRackley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can tell you this: 90% of the money I spend on Pool PPV is on Big Truck's stream for one simple reason: Dollar Value. His streams cost less than the "Big Name" productions, yet he consistently has the top players in the country matched up on his table. My budget is pretty tight, especially on entertainment dollars. That said, $20 for a good weekend of pool is almost always going to be ok. $75+ not nearly as much.
I have NEVER purchased a PPV event from Ray and felt like I didn't get my money's worth. Sometimes, I feel like I'm stealing.

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never met Ray yet but I have supported his streams for a couple years and will continue. I have also supported some others. I just wish I live closer to the south where a lot of the tourneys occur. Hopefully his business will continue and be able to one day stream all HD.
Keep up the great work Ray "Bigtruck"!

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member

JoeyA
Well said, Joey. Count me as a big Ray Hansen fan too. Live streaming is still in the pioneer stage and Ray's hard work and continuing effort to improve is helping to pave the way. Justin and TAR obviously have a more polished product, but part of the appeal of live stream in my humble opinion is the reality nature of it. Ray gives us that, and it seems like every weekend he is hustling to another event!! I just hope he does not burn out.