Some Terry Stonier cues

Kdraper

Registered
These are two of the cue's Terry Stonier made for me in the early 90's. All ivory, butt, joint and ferrule.

Attachments

• cue2.jpg
    cue2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,628
  • cue4.jpg
    cue4.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,533
Last edited:

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I worked at the jointed cue and knew one or two players who had these cues. Not common at all. These look very nice.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Kdraper

Registered
Thanks, the first cue he made for me was just like the linen wrap one. I worked for him at the Fulton Ave place for awhile in 69-70 when I was at Beale AFB. That one was stolen. So when I moved back to NorCal in the 80's I had him make these.

Kdraper

Registered
They play better than I can shoot :smile: Terry would spend weeks going thru
blanks of birds eye maple and wouldn't make it unless he knew it would show
well. A real artisan.

Piercecustmcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry's cues play amazing :))) I was fortunate another to get a lot of his BEM stock a few yrs back from his son David and I've only built cue out of it for Sacramento locals and for David on stoniers memorial turnys... Thanks for sharing Jim

Kdraper

Registered
CaPoolfan, can you remember about what year Terry made these for me?
The older I get the harder it is for me to remember specifics.
I like the way the cues feel. That being said, they are just about
the only cues I ever owned. My brother and I bought some one
piece brunswick snooker cues and other than the cue that was stolen,
that's all I've ever shot with. So I really don't have anything to compare
them with. They are way better than house cues :)

CaPoolFan

CAPOOLFAN
Silver Member
92-94

I'm almost sure it was between 92-94. I just love these cues. I remember watching Terry turn these shafts by hand. He also used a Satin finish. Beautiful cues my friend.
Angel

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm almost sure it was between 92-94. I just love these cues. I remember watching Terry turn these shafts by hand. He also used a Satin finish. Beautiful cues my friend.
Angel

I have some of those shaft blanks. And yes, it certainly looks like they were turned by hand.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are two of the cue's Terry Stonier made for me in the early 90's. All ivory, butt, joint and ferrule.

Hey Kent,

I sent you a PM. Looking to sell my four point Stonier and want to know if we can work out a trade for one of your cues. I lost your number, call me.