Ora Morningstar - The Artist

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Indiana native Ora Morningstar was a roller-skating champion, an accomplished baseball player, a world champion billiard player and, surprisingly enough, a talented artist as well. Apparently, painting was Mr. Morningstar's 'first love' even before billiards, and he seems to have favored landscapes.

Some of his artwork was recently discovered...but the funny thing is, two different people both made discoveries within two weeks of each other, but on opposite ends of the country... its a wild coincidence to say the least.

see more by clicking here

NEW 2014 UPDATE BELOW !

Watermark_456-316x202.jpg

Last edited:

goldcrown4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure where else to post this Mr. Bond, but the link you put up there to see more art from Morningstar, as always, leads me to click on other things when I get to your website. I clicked on Rare and Unusual Tables [http://www.chicagobilliardmuseum.org/Rare_Tables.html] Scrolling most of the way down, there is a room with two tables (Lion's Head)... I've been there. Biltmore Estate's Billiard Room. During the tour, I wanted to take a photo of that room but they wouldn't let me, forcing me to buy the postcard instead (which I framed of course). That place is amazing. In case you weren't already aware, there's even a bowling alley in the basement. :thumbup:

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Biltmore is amazing...

which reminds me...over the holidays i saw elvis' billiard room....
its amazing in a 'different' way lol

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
UPDATE 6/2014: ANOTHER PIECE BY MORNINGSTAR DISCOVERED IN PA.

We were contacted by a woman whose grandmother (Ann Kirschner) was renting a room in Ora Morningstar's Pittsburgh home in 1913.

When Ann gave birth to a beautiful daughter, Morningstar gave her a painting he had done as a gift.

The painting still exists and can be seen below. Thank you to Ora for such a nice
gesture, and thank you to the Kirschner family for holding on to this treasure..

Ora_Morningstar_Painting-313x365.jpg

Painting is dated either 1912 or 13

Last edited: