Bend Valley slate?

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Local establishment has a 7' valley bar table.
The head of the table has a roll toward the center and the foot end is ok.
Would the weight of the head end of the slate itself be enough to drop a little and straighten if cloth or tape was put on the support rails under slate in the correct position(s). Not sure if that might help slate bend back a little.

A local installer told me that years ago he did this and also had to drive wedges between rail and slate as a final solution after it was recovered.
He also said that after he added that cloth under the slate that he has also had to have someone push down the slate so he could bolt the rails on and the rails were holding the slate down and level.
Those seem extreme methods but cheaper than buying a slate.
Or any other ideas?
Thanx

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Valley/Dynamo problems.

Local establishment has a 7' valley bar table.
The head of the table has a roll toward the center and the foot end is ok.
Would the weight of the head end of the slate itself be enough to drop a little and straighten if cloth or tape was put on the support rails under slate in the correct position(s). Not sure if that might help slate bend back a little.

A local installer told me that years ago he did this and also had to drive wedges between rail and slate as a final solution after it was recovered.
He also said that after he added that cloth under the slate that he has also had to have someone push down the slate so he could bolt the rails on and the rails were holding the slate down and level.
Those seem extreme methods but cheaper than buying a slate.
Or any other ideas?
Thanx

Lots of problems with these old tables, most can be fixed.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=50774&highlight=Valley+slate

Last edited:

desmocourtney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been wondering if its possible to fix the dreaded Valley slate sag also.

Several local bar boxes suffer in varying degrees. Both sides roll to the center.