Dye issue with elephant ear wrap

asiasdad

Banned
I recently acquired my first cue with a black elephant ear wrap.

Right now dye from that wrap is all over my shirt and my hand.

How do I stabilize this ?

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
It is not, the cuemaker has already offered to correct it and you sir
can go fuk yourself.

With all do respect, this question should have been asked of the maker first, IMO. Then there wouldn't be any problem. Mario's response, while funny, may not be appropriate, BUT doesn't warrant such a rude and out of line response by you. If you read the rules of the forum,....I believe language such as that is not allowed.
Dave

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A new wrap is in order. No way to correctly address the issue with the wrap on the cue.

asiasdad

Banned
You might try a coat or two of neutral liquid shoe polish.

Thank you ...

That is exactly what Eric suggested I do.

The person who sold me the cue suggested this:

http://www.rockler.com/behlen-woodt...PL&sid=V9146&gclid=CNyq8JnS3L8CFSdk7AodGDIAKw

I also received a PM from the cue maker of this cue and he wanted me to
ship it back to him to either re-seal it or put on a new wrap....

This is a man who really does stand behind his product and the cue
is on its way to him today.

Russell Cues

Maverick Cue Builder
Silver Member
Bottom line is you should have called or emailed the cue maker, not posted here first. Something like a wrap bleeding is beyond anyone's control. Its great the cue maker is standing behind it BUT you showed your lack of decor by cursing someone for a whitty remark.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I was going to write a big long statement about the uncalled comment that asiasdad received about being Eric's friend, but decided it wasn't worth it. I'm glad your wrap issue is getting fixed and I'm sure you have know how to choose your friends. Shoot em straight.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Hi,

I have had an issue with a few EE wraps and I found that you can fix some color imperfections with black India ink. Drys fast and will not bleed into a sweaty hand like shoe polish.

Then I discovered Martin at Superior who now supplies all my wraps. His stuff is awesome and his thickness skiving is spot on. Every time!

JMO,

Rick

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a leather expert, but I had a pair of black leather shoes that would always "bleed" into my socks. I contacted the shoe company and one of the things they suggested was wiping the insides (where the bleeding was coming from) of the shoes with white vinegar to "settle" the dye.

I don't know if this will work or not, but it may be something you can try as a last resort before changing the wrap.

Aloha.