Shot of the day

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a cool shot.

It'd be a neat learning experience if on these some of the more senior players would post to say if they'd have played the 'Shot of the Day' as we see it, or if they'd rather play some other shot.

It's great to see new possibilities but I'm also curious to get perspective on the perceived 'percentage' of a unique shot like these.

One of the things I love about one pocket pool commentary is hearing guys like Danny D., Billy Incardona, etc. saying things like 'yeah that shot is amazing but 7 out of 10 times you're maybe better off doing XYZ'

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I think it's Abit more complex than I'd do this or that
For some that shots a 2percentage for others it's higher
There's so many ways to score 3c
There's so many styles,systems everything being so variable and amplified by the smallest of thing

So many have learned so many ways to play and develop the own strengths , feel I think has a big part in shots like those
Feel imagination knowledge skill set combined

I got to play one hole with a 1pkt.org member yesterday after not playing pool in months, my small game training I am doing has greatly improved shot making for me in 1hole, feel of how to turn a ball , combos, etc
Lots of fun

But yes I've mentioned several times in the past about the need for commentary in 3c matches, knowledgeable commentary

Last edited:

Bert van Manen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a delicate balance. On the one hand, you must always have an open mind for solutions that are not (yet) in your arsenal. It's like a vocabulary: you can't know too many words. One day, you're going to need that little-used one. Three-cushion solutions: same thing.

On the other hand, we play a percentage game. We need to make smart choices, pick solutions that work more often than the alternatives. If you see a video clip of a spectacular shot, you need to realize that the clip was posted in a forum or on social media, because the guy made it! It could still be a very low-percentage solution.

And then, as Blomdahl always stresses: there are different choices for different players. What works for player A may not work for player B, and vice-versa.
Find out what you are good at, and play it.
Find out what you suck at, and practice it.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I liked the unique thought process
Sometimes you see it and just know it's going to work

Plus like double d mentioned a few weeks back in the usba nationals,
Around the table
Around the table, doesn't anyone know any other shots?

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Thats interesting, because to me it's not, the red makes it sorta not so hard

Funny I thought that one kick was something and a few of you said it was so natural it only took a little luck to make it

This is the exact same thing to me, looks natural,
Mirror system aiming for just about anywhere on the red making the yellow kind of big

But it's a very appealing shot to witness, which is why I put it up

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member