Worst experience playing?

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
What's your worst experience playing pool?

Got in a fight?

Lost a shat ton of cash?

Cue stolen?

I haven't had a really bad one like an old friend who had a cue wrapped upside his head when he was down on a shot.

One of our team players got into an argument at the end of the night w the opposing team a little scuffle happened, no punches thrown. But the bar was proactive and called the cops. That was interesting slipping out of there w out getting busted. We had been doing what many league players do on league night.

Know a friend who got in an argument at someone's house and went to leave and the homeowners followed him out. Scuffle ensued and he fell w the woman homeowner landing on his leg creating a verticle fracture of his shin. He was in a bed for 16 weeks.

Me, I'm pretty mellow, pissed off a friend really bad about money cause I made the nine when he was hitting on the bartender. Of course he had lost the previous game ultra quick via a scratch.

Amazing how pissed some people get when they lose.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, there was this one time that I ate Taco Bell before a tournament........ :thumbup:

Taco-Bell-has-no-Playground.jpg

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stayed in a drive up hotel with no door handle or locks on the south side of Chicago, had two beds that we searched for needles and we slid the dresser in front of the door so we would wake up if someone tried to get in. I don't think I slept 5min that night! It was because we forgot to book a room for apa challenge of champions tournament. From that point on I've booked the room before I pay my entry!

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Practice by myself a bunch when the tourneys are over.Several run ins with drunks that come over and want to play.Mad if I beat them or insulted if I tell them I dont want to play.More stories when I have more time.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hard to pick out a particularly bad experience for me....
...I went broke in 35 states, 8 provinces, and several shires.
:crying::crying::crying:

couple parishes, too

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never been in a fight over pool.

Never had a cue stolen.

Never went broke playing pool.

Guess my experience is pretty mundane compared to some people.

I did have an uncomfortable situation arise last Thursday playing apa 9 ball.

I am a 5 and was playing a 6 and we happen to be team mates on a tap team.

When I wound up winning he slammed his stick down on the next table over where he had been standing while I was shooting. He started complaining about my handicap. The thing is it would not have mattered if we were the same handicap as bad as I ran over him. I won 38-25.

Looking back I can empathize with his frustration due to the circumstances surrounding our match.

1. I was busy on the phone texting various people trying to get a team together for a big money tournament starting the next night. On the phone while he was at the table of course. I would shoot and then get back on the phone again while he was shooting. Now I want to make clear that this is not my normal modus operandi as I am always respectful of my opponent but this was an extraordinary circumstance

As the match progressed my scorekeeper says to me ...you need to put you phone down and concentrate on the match cause you are gettin your butt whipped. Just so happened that I was through texting anyway and went on a shooting spree.

I guess it really upset him to be 20 points ahead of me at the time and lose with me being 13 points ahead of him at the end of the match holding him to 21 points away from his required points needed to win.

I guess a beat down like that from a lower handicap player really pissed him off. After his tirade about my handicap he packed his cues up and stormed outa the pool hall. I blame it on the booze that was bought for me that night as it was my birthday.

Hope he cools off before we see each other Tuesday night when we play on the same team.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I got strong-armed for $13. $100 a game, no troubles, but win a couple bucks from the wrong people, and all hell breaks loose.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I loaned a cue to a friend one night. Our Local Cue guy was wrapping theirs and they needed a cue for league. So I headed home and left my cue with my best friends wife. The left my cue by accident and some one found it took it home. It was a bad week. Never found the cue either.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I played with a girl one night and I swear she was only interested in having sex. She would touch my ass every time I bent over, stand in front of the pocket I was shooting at and she giggled constantly. It was obnoxious. I think sex was the only thing on her mind.

Totally uncomfortable...

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I played with a girl one night and I swear she was only interested in having sex. She would touch my ass every time I bent over, stand in front of the pocket I was shooting at and she giggled constantly. It was obnoxious. I think sex was the only thing on her mind.

Totally uncomfortable...

Yeah, that would suck:rolleyes::grin-square:

Should have just knocked it out real quick and got back to pool if it were such a distraction lol. Gotta eat that frog you know.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My worst playing experience was in one of the Reno Sands tournaments. My opponent had a sweating problem which he dealt with by pouring powder on his hands. That didn't get his hands dry but it did create talc mud. After the first time he racked the balls they were covered with the crap. Skids every rack. But the worst part of the match was the scorekeeper's 11-year-old nephew. I don't know why he was there -- no baby sitter, I suppose -- and he let everyone know that he didn't want to be there by whining continuously. "UUNNNHHhhhh" "Oohnnnhh" for an hour.

Shooter1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
worst

Back in the mid 80's the APA league rule was if you played in a bar that didn't have a bridge, you could physically climb right up on the table, (your entire body) to execute the shot. No feet on the floor or anything.
We were playing in this dive and I needed a rake and they didn't have one so I climbed up on the table and my opponent "Jethro" and his entire team came unglued. The *****ing was non-stop. I told them to call the league operator and went ahead and did the shot and won the match. That pissed them off even more so they protested the match. Thought I was going to have to fight my way out of the bar.
They later learned I was correct in doing what I did and they got a bridge in the bar soon after that. Dumb-asses..........

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
Had my car keys taken off the table where I had my stuff, and my car stolen out of the parking lot.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Was playing in a bar/poolroom in Richmond, IN a long, long time ago. They had a ring game, $1 on the five and $2 on the nine. If you made one out of turn it spotted up and you kept shooting. The first time I played the game I won over $50. It was only 30-40 miles from Dayton so I went back a few days later. This time I was winning again and it was my break. I set my cue (my first custom made cue - a Brunswick house cue that Pappy Winkler had put a brass joint in. Cost me $5!) on the table and went to the bathroom. There must have been a dozen guys watching the game (and three or four other players). I was gone for maybe three minutes and when I came back my cue was gone! I asked where my cue was and no one said a word. They all played dumb. I never got that cue back and I never went back to that bar. Lesson learned!

Last edited: