Jerry Orbach Passes

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry Orbach was always available for charity pool events in New York City. The couple of times I saw him, it was obvious to me that he had spent many a day playing the game. He was our celebrity ambassador who always showed courtesy to his fans, especially if they were pool players. Personally, I always took pleasure in watching any scene he did where he played pool. It always reminded me of Jackie Gleason.

A fine pool player and gentleman has passed. My condolences to his friends and loved ones.

Jude M. Rosenstock

Railbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's strange how things happen, this past Sunday I had an old friend who now lives in Arizona visit for the Holidays, and we were just talking about different characters of our sport. Jerry Orbach was mentioned by my friend who was a regular part of the New York City pool scene for many years as well as many others with whom he had the pleasure of playing.
May He Rest In Peace!

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
I had the opportunity to play pool with Jerry on several occasions. He was great man, a great friend, and a great pool player. One year we had a charity event in conjunction with the Players Championship at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. Nobody had more fun at that event than Jerry Orbach. He looked like he was having the time of his life. He will be missed, and hopefully someone up there is racking them for him.

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A true gentleman

kokopuffs said:
And he was a fine pool player who added lots of class to the sport. Goddammit.

He bought more than class to the game of pool. He was a decent shooter himself and what a gentleman. I first met him during the last U.S. Open 14.1 held in NYC by Blatt Billiards. I just walked up and introduced myself and we wound up having a good 20 minute talk on the status of pool and 14.1. When i said i had to run to the corner to get a coffee, i used to drink about 20 cups a day then, he said c'mon lets sit and enjoy 1 together. Hence , the 20 minute talk. We sat and had our coffee and Alan Hopkins sat with us for a couple. I could not believe my eyes. Here a great actor, a great player and myself, a nobody. but i did feel important for those precious minutes. May he rest in peace and go with God's speed..............................mike

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry

Jerry was first up to help, for whatever, cause.
He ordered a new BLUD at the last trade show. He's been playing with my cues for quite a spell.I'm almost finished with his cue.
One more cue going in my personal collection.
god bless him and his family.
blud