For SUGARTREE CUE users, post ur review

Do you recommend SUGARTREE Cues for everyone?

• Total voters

theone77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im trying to search reviews for sugartree cue by eric crisp but few reviews i found. So i decided to create this thread.

Please post your reviews about the playability and how much do you like your SUGARTREE cue. If you have photos to attach , it will be much appreciated

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
short review

Redwood burl 8, very fine points,
Beautifully crafted woods. very well made. Nice firm hit and plays as well as any cue I have ever owned.
You can't go wrong if you get one for yourself.

Attachments

• IMG_20140409_081428-1.jpg
    IMG_20140409_081428-1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 3,565

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I voted no, but only because you said everyone.

They are very distinctive in how they play.

Very polarizing, a lot of guys really like them, a lot of guys really don't.

Do I recommend them as solid, beautiful cues? Absolutely. Eric really knows what he is doing in building cues.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Everything about Sugartree is positive, they live up to what some say is hype, and you can't go wrong..
The playability is superb, I love the Sugartree shaft taper, the quality of the wood,
wood selection, is excellent, nice designs, and terrific workmanship.
IMO they are worth the extra $$$.

The resale on the older Sugartrees is different than the newer cues with micro rings.
At some point the shaft taper changed, but they all play good.

theone77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everything about Sugartree is positive, they live up to what some say is hype, and you can't go wrong..
The playability is superb, I love the Sugartree shaft taper, the quality of the wood,
wood selection, is excellent, nice designs, and terrific workmanship.
IMO they are worth the extra $$$.

The resale on the older Sugartrees is different than the newer cues with micro rings.
At some point the shaft taper changed, but they all play good.

nice info... i saw some plain janes for sale for only 750$ , i dont like the design that much but my budget tempted me to buy for it.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
nice info... i saw some plain janes for sale for only 750$ , i dont like the design that much but my budget tempted me to buy for it.

Get the one you like for sure.
For tips I would try Milk Duds by pooldawg8 "Dawg Duds," Kamui black soft,
Triangle, and just about any tip other than the original tips

:smile:

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just purchased my first Sugartree. Like everyone says here, the woods used are gorgeous. The cue is stunning and it's a simple wrapless cue with those great micro rings. The play is stiff and accurate. With my little experience, I would define it as a beautiful custom low deflection cue.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Loved my sugartree cue, awesome feel great craftsmanship... Sold it Bought a Mezz, Never really looked back, only thing I would say is if I wanted something fancier I would get an Exceed...

theone77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Loved my sugartree cue, awesome feel great craftsmanship... Sold it Bought a Mezz, Never really looked back, only thing I would say is if I wanted something fancier I would get an Exceed...

So you prefer your mEzz cue now rather than your sugertree?

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Yes I prefer my Mezz cue, not as fancy but definitely feel more comfortable with my Mezz Axi series. Not that I dident love my sugartree, I just have developed my game further with my Mezz. There is some similarities in the two as far as stiffness, Eric himself has also said many good things about Mezz, I wont quote him on it but I believe I read that he thinks Mezz's quality is top notch especially their shafts. And when it comes to talking shaft quality and hit well enough said.

To each is their own when it comes to cues, the only way you can find out is buy or test hit one. Some people will swear by a certain cue, brand, or maker others will say it hits like junk. All depends on what feel your looking for and if your getting what you want and expect out of the cue for your game. Unless your just a cue collector then by all means buy any cue you like to stare at.

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently traded for a Sugar Tree merry widow made in 07'. Before receiving it I was told it had high deflection, so I was half expecting to not like it and try trading it off soon after getting it. I received it Friday and looked it over. It has minor finish issues but it was gonna be used anyways so to me that meant nothing. I worry about playability! Anyways, I got to play with it tonight and I can honestly say I am very impressed! I now have 2 players that I intend to keep and have no intention of letting go of, unless a major financial burden forces it. As far as deflection goes, this one, for me, had VERY little!! I will be contacting Eric and discussing some things soon. Buy one, I don't regret getting this one!
2a88488709c8e00b869325a817cbad32.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joey, that has been true in the past, hasn't it? Well, time to turn over a new leaf. Challenge accepted sir! If anyone has cues I've sold here and wants to sell them, I may want them back so just ask!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk