Darren hill cue review

Registered
I am thinking of buying one, just wanted to get some feedback on these cues. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

hillscues

American Craftsmanship
Silver Member
I've actually lowered my prices alot from two years ago, were in hard times,so i'm now giving more for less money. i build cues because it is my god given talent ,i truely love what i do . made in U.S.A thanks darrin.

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hill cues

Very nice playing cues. I owned one that I got in Kentucky and Darren had his portable lathe with him and offered to put on tips of my choice (although I didn't purchase the cue from him). I had too many cues coming in at the time and needed to sell it along with some others. I intend on ordering one though again some day soon from Darren. Nice firm hit that feels great.

skor

missing shots since 1995
Silver Member
I have one and it is a great cue!!!
I compared it side by side to my McDaniel and they both hit and feel very close.
If you like good stiff hit then go get one :grin:

hills_001.jpg

hills_002.jpg

hills_003.jpg

hills_004.jpg

hills_005.jpg

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Darrins cues are great. I have owned several . He built me a really fancy Thuya Burl and cocobolo cue . Execution was extreamly good . Best of all he stands behind his work and has a very nice finish.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've actually lowered my prices alot from two years ago, were in hard times,so i'm now giving more for less money. i build cues because it is my god given talent ,i truely love what i do . made in U.S.A thanks darrin.

What do you charge for plane janes these days? merry window type

hillscues

American Craftsmanship
Silver Member
I'm glad you asked that, because I am building a batch of sweet plain janers. All have wood handles, 2 shafts, and sweet ring work. All wood is out of my A++ stock. I'm selling these for $650.00 shipped, normally $800.00 plus shipping. I will post some pictures, imediately following the weekend. Thanks for all the great comments, everyone! Thanks Darrin Hill

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad you asked that, because I am building a batch of sweet plain janers. All have wood handles, 2 shafts, and sweet ring work. All wood is out of my A++ stock. I'm selling these for $650.00 shipped, normally $800.00 plus shipping. I will post some pictures, imediately following the weekend. Thanks for all the great comments, everyone! Thanks Darrin Hill

looking forward to seeing 'em.

Highlanduh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice playing cues. I owned one that I got in Kentucky and Darren had his portable lathe with him and offered to put on tips of my choice (although I didn't purchase the cue from him). I had too many cues coming in at the time and needed to sell it along with some others. I intend on ordering one though again some day soon from Darren. Nice firm hit that feels great.

I believe this is the cue to which you're referring: Hill Cue

In fact, some of those are your pics.

Darrin makes an awesome cue.
Nice stiff hit, beautiful woods, super-sharp points, and flawless finish.
The one in the link is one of my favorites.

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True that is the cue. I test hit a few with it and it really played nice. The craftsmanship was top knotch too.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hay Darrin what's the ETA on this batch of cues you're talking about?

Gurnee_Steve

Very nice

I was out to Darrin's shop yesterday and saw these cues. They're not completed yet but they will be really nice when done and worth every penny of the $800 he normally sells them for...at $650 they're a steal.

What's the definition of a craftsman? Someone that has the skills for sure, but also someone that loves his craft and has a eye for detail. Darrin is truely a craftsman of the highest order...and a personable guy to deal with.

Darrin: Thanks again for the beautiful 4 pointer you sold me. I googled it and found that the spelling of the wood is 'Pao Ferro'. It's very rare and a lot like Rosewood. It is also called Brazilian Ironwood. I test hit the cue last night and WOW, what a hit...YOU ROCK!!

Steve

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
I was out to Darrin's shop yesterday and saw these cues. They're not completed yet but they will be really nice when done and worth every penny of the $800 he normally sells them for...at $650 they're a steal.

What's the definition of a craftsman? Someone that has the skills for sure, but also someone that loves his craft and has a eye for detail. Darrin is truely a craftsman of the highest order...and a personable guy to deal with.

Darrin: Thanks again for the beautiful 4 pointer you sold me. I googled it and found that the spelling of the wood is 'Pao Ferro'. It's very rare and a lot like Rosewood. It is also called Brazilian Ironwood. I test hit the cue last night and WOW, what a hit...YOU ROCK!!

Steve

The one i hit with played great.. Put some money in to one..

nevermiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked one up a few months ago and it is an extremely solid feeling cue. The couple of people that hit with it all used the word solid as to describe it as well. Great construction, and the finish and splice are top shelf.