Help!! How to remove old labels on buttcap

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to remove like, Mali or Huebler or Meucci or some of the other labels on the older cues. How do I accomplish this? I plan on having some waterslides made or have ryan at ratt send me some new maker labels. But, I have to get the old ones off, FIRST

Thanks for any help or suggestions,

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy:thumbup:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I would like to remove like, Mali or Huebler or Meucci or some of the other labels on the older cues. How do I accomplish this? I plan on having some waterslides made or have ryan at ratt send me some new maker labels. But, I have to get the old ones off, FIRST

Thanks for any help or suggestions,

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy:thumbup:

Well, show pictures. Rubbing alcohol is great. Acetone is great. Sandpaper is great. Fire is great.

Each decal is made of something different, each finish is different.

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the strongest base that will not melt delrin??

Acetone, MEK, Toluene, Denatured Alchold, Acrylic Thinner??

Thanks for help??

mike

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Acetone, MEK, Toluene, Denatured Alchold, Acrylic Thinner??

Thanks for help??

mike

For labels that are stuck on with some sort of adhesive backing I have had
good results with mineral spirits, it is much gentler on most types of finish than some of the other mentioned products.

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
If its under the finish, then u might as well send it to Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
here ya go,

goo gone.jpg

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Will some hot new "unknown" cues be popping up on eBay? I still can't think of a good reason to remove maker logos and decals without photos.

ESPECIALLY since the old Meuccis with the labels are worth a ton more with then still on the cue.

stevel

Lomax Custom Cues
Silver Member
The Meucci Original cues are stamped, no getting them off without sanding or replacing the buttcap.

Canadian cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are we talking about the actual manufacturers stamp or is this the sticker the retailer puts on the cue? If it is the manufacturers stamp why would you want to remove it?

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are we talking about the actual manufacturers stamp or is this the sticker the retailer puts on the cue? If it is the manufacturers stamp why would you want to remove it?

The Meucci sticker cues are Heubler cues from the 70's with Meucci stickers put on by Paul. they should be left alone as they are a part of history that can be wiped away all too easily.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Meucci sticker cues are Heubler cues from the 70's with Meucci stickers put on by Paul. they should be left alone as they are a part of history that can be wiped away all too easily.

I tend to agree. They were produced in the Huebler shop when Meucci worked there. They are the first evidence of cues branded with the Meucci name, but they are clearly Huebler in construction and design. Huebler cue values were bolstered with his passing.

If you find a nice example with that sticker on it that needs any work best efforts need to be made to leave that sticker as found IMHO. Only a good experienced refinisher should touch it IMHO, they know how to work around that sticker.

Huebler values have yet to plateau since his passing.

There are always those with negative opinions on such matters since they are "production cues" but the market tells what's going on.

I was recently offered $1000.00 for my Huebler with three original shafts (two at 31 inches and one at 29) as well as original Huebler JPs and turned it down. The man was playing with a Cog so he knows his cues. This one is a keeper.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=291233

Personally, I am watching and waiting for a deal on an early Meucci with the sticker out of the Huebler shop. I do want one.