What is your PSR?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you so dense that you think my bet is about one shot that already exists on video?

If you think swooping is the mystery behind CTE then your
thinking is pathetically ignorant.

Stan Shuffett

Not at all dense. You are betting that no one can video you and find any stroke adjustments used to make CTE work. That's the bet proposed. No amount of shots were mentioned, no minimum video footage. It's not dense to point out the fact that such video footage already exists. In fact, it'd be a pretty slick move to see someone take the bet and win by simply setting the exact shot up that I am referring to, and record you shooting the ball just a few times.

And as I've already stated, I don't think every shot and every cte user uses a last second swoop or stroke adjustment. But the bet doesn't involve every cte user. It only involves you. I would never take such a bet with any system because there's no way to be 100% sure the guy is using the system. I mean, I play by feel/instinct. I could bet $1000 that I could pocket some very low-percentage shot 20 times in a row simple by using instinct. Only a fool would take that bet, because I might have a system that guarantees the shot every time. The sucker would never know the difference. Lol

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not at all dense. You are betting that no one can video you and find any stroke adjustments used to make CTE work. That's the bet proposed. No amount of shots were mentioned, no minimum video footage. It's not dense to point out the fact that such video footage already exists. In fact, it'd be a pretty slick move to see someone take the bet and win by simply setting the exact shot up that I am referring to, and record you shooting the ball just a few times.

And as I've already stated, I don't think every shot and every cte user uses a last second swoop or stroke adjustment. But the bet doesn't involve every cte user. It only involves you. I would never take such a bet with any system because there's no way to be 100% sure the guy is using the system. I mean, I play by feel/instinct. I could bet $1000 that I could pocket some very low-percentage shot 20 times in a row simple by using instinct. Only a fool would take that bet, because I might have a system that guarantees the shot every time. The sucker would never know the difference. Lol

You don't get it! The system does NOT require stroke adjustment! That's my bet and I'm sticking to it. I won't be adjusting to make the system work. What a load of BS.

Ooh, but I will explain the system and exactly what I am doing. I won't have to resort to feel or adjustment.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
You don't get it! The system does NOT require stroke adjustment! That's my bet and I'm sticking to it. I won't be adjusting to make the system work. What a load of BS.

Stan Shuffett

I do get it. But if you're betting on the system you should reword your proposed bet to reflect that. That's all I'm saying. As it stands, anyone could post a link to the video I'm referring to that shows a 15-degree perception being used, but instead of a CCB hit you apply outside spin as you fire it into the pocket. I don't get what is so complicated about understanding my point.

Anyhow, my apologies to the op for jumping on this bandwagon tangent.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But getting so technical gets pretty confusing, like standing at the front end of a car that is moving in a reverse direction. Is the "back" of the car now the "front" simply because of it's directional movement? Lol

You're kidding, right?

The car is going backwards.

The back is still the back.

I swear, it's like some of you guys are smart. But then, not so much. it's weird.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
HERE ARE THE NEW RULES FOR THE AIMING FORUM:

Bashing other aiming systems - 06-28-2017, 01:07 MIKE HOWERTON STATED:

OK, apparently this needs to be said again. I do not want to see anyone bashing another aiming system in any way.

If you have a positive experience with an aiming system, then feel free to post it. If you want to discuss the merits of an aiming system, then feel free. But for now, I don't want any comparisons as we all know that will just turn into bashing.

It is amazing to me that we have more reported posts about aiming systems than we do about politics.

This is going to be handled like baseball.

First offense will be a two week vacation.
Second offense will be a month.
Third will be a year.

[/IF DAN WHITE, LOU FIGUEROA, AND BRIAN AREN'T BREAKING THE RULES, EITHER THEY'RE BEING CUT A LOT OF SLACK OR THE RULES AREN'T GOING TO BE ENFORCED AND IT'S BACK TO THE WILD WEST WHERE BASHING CTE AND STAN ARE ONCE AGAIN OPEN SEASON LIKE IT ALWAYS WAS!!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You're kidding, right?

I swear, it's like some of you guys are smart. But then, not so much. it's weird.

No, the same group sticks together like they're caked with CRAZY GLUE regardless of how stupid and idiotic the statements are about a particular subject matter.

Dan and Lou praised Poolology in the beginning when Brian introduced it and they accomplished their only goal. Recruit another die hard groupie to their destructive cause.

Yet, NONE of them use the system when playing. AMAZING, huh?

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Originally Posted by BC21:
But getting so technical gets pretty confusing, like standing at the front end of a car that is moving in a reverse direction. Is the "back" of the car now the "front" simply because of it's directional movement? Lol

You're kidding, right?

Lol. That was my stab at amusement, considering the total lack of relevance in the conversation. Who cares if what one person calls the back of the ball happens to be what someone else calls the front? :grin-square:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
No, the same group sticks together like they're caked with CRAZY GLUE regardless of how stupid and idiotic the statements are about a particular subject matter.

Dan and Lou praised Poolology in the beginning when Brian introduced it and they accomplished their only goal. Recruit another die hard groupie to their destructive cause.

Yet, NONE of them use the system when playing. AMAZING, huh?

Sorry Dave, but I am no recruit. And I'm surely not looking to destroy anything. I communicate with others that have purchased Poolology that also use CTE. They have tried, politely and with courtesy, to answer and explain my CTE questions, which I've had for several years, far before reading anything posted by Dan or Lou. Lol. But all they say is that it works once you put in the table time with it. I appreciate their efforts in trying to explain their version, how they think CTE works, and they don't call me ignorant or dense or accuse me of trying to sabotage CTE for asking questions. l appreciate their efforts, their patience, and their dedication to pool.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
HERE ARE THE NEW RULES FOR THE AIMING FORUM:

Bashing other aiming systems - 06-28-2017, 01:07 MIKE HOWERTON STATED:

OK, apparently this needs to be said again. I do not want to see anyone bashing another aiming system in any way......

If you have a positive experience with an aiming system, then feel free to post it. If you want to discuss the merits of an aiming system, then feel free. But for now, I don't want any comparisons as we all know that will just turn into bashing........

[/IF DAN WHITE, LOU FIGUEROA, AND BRIAN AREN'T BREAKING THE RULES, EITHER THEY'RE BEING CUT A LOT OF SLACK OR THE RULES AREN'T GOING TO BE ENFORCED AND IT'S BACK TO THE WILD WEST WHERE BASHING CTE AND STAN ARE ONCE AGAIN OPEN SEASON LIKE IT ALWAYS WAS!!

Really? I don't recall reading any post that bashes CTE. I mean, if we're going to say asking questions is considered "bashing", then every thread about every subject on AZ would be considered bashing.

I have not said anything that could be considered bashing. To say that I saw a video where Stan spins a ball in instead of using a CCB solution is not a bash to the system. I was simply replying to Stan. I didn't feel like his challenge/bet proposition was baiting, and my reply was very civil and not bashing or baiting or insulting.

Also, the moderator actually said not to compare aiming systems, which is funny, but that's the new rule. I have complied, and so has Dan and Lou I believe. But others have not, continuing to compare systems on some made up professional scale.

You really need to chill out when it comes to all this aiming stuff. Maybe we can actually carry on a productive conversation.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. That was my stab at amusement, considering the total lack of relevance in the conversation. Who cares if what one person calls the back of the ball happens to be what someone else calls the front? :grin-square:

Who care if someone uses an aiming system and claims no subconscious adjustments are being made?

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Who care if someone uses an aiming system and claims no subconscious adjustments are being made?

Good point. I surely don't care. I think it's really just a matter of how it's presented. If it works for you then do it. The more pool players we have out there the better! :thumbup:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Really? I don't recall reading any post that bashes CTE. I mean, if we're going to say asking questions is considered "bashing", then every thread about every subject on AZ would be considered bashing.

I have not said anything that could be considered bashing. To say that I saw a video where Stan spins a ball in instead of using a CCB solution is not a bash to the system. I was simply replying to Stan. I didn't feel like his challenge/bet proposition was baiting, and my reply was very civil and not bashing or baiting or insulting.

Also, the moderator actually said not to compare aiming systems, which is funny, but that's the new rule. I have complied, and so has Dan and Lou I believe. But others have not, continuing to compare systems on some made up professional scale.

You really need to chill out when it comes to all this aiming stuff. Maybe we can actually carry on a productive conversation.

After 7 short months here on the forum maybe you need to quit trying to be the CEO running this forum as you see fit, self appointed Federal judge passing down rulings as you deem right or wrong, and a carnival barker bellowing out your views on individuals, other aiming systems, with post after post after post on anything and everything. If telling somebody to STFU already didn't break the rules, I think there would be a number of individuals saying it with your overwhelming # of posts from one issue to another.

Stick to your own little world of fractional aiming and what you developed and have your own productive conversations with Dan, Lou, and those who purchased from you. I don't know how productive those conversations will be because all of you use another type of aiming system that can't even be described let alone put into words.
They have to be much better than Poolology or all of you wouldn't be using it instead of your fractions.

You know which one I'm talking about, the one that tops fractional aiming with grids that will be released at a later date as Poolology II. Each of you can create your own version and triple your productive conversations as well as income.

CTE will fade off into the sunset as a new buzz takes over about how to make 100% of all possible shots on the table without aiming anything. Just see the pocket, OB, CB and WHAMO! Into the pocket it goes each and every time!

Fyi, I won't be involved in those "productive conversations". That's the best way to get rid of me. There's already a clique, just make it a 3 way clique that's productive instead of DESTRUCTIVE.

20 years and still going strong with the same cast of characters and now you. As I've said earlier to someone else, get a life Brian.

I always disappear when this crap isn't going on. It is against the rules to knock another aiming system and I haven't seen your fractional stuff. But I'm willing to bet I could rip that thing to shreds from every direction possible based on guaranteed accuracy, the jumbled and garbled complex math with diamonds, and trying to learn it to use in actual playing situations. Maybe that's why NONE of you use it.

And if you're going to say I have no idea what I'm talking about because I don't even own it or have learned it, how ironic these CTE wars have been going on for all the years for the exact same reason.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

This post of yours just made me think about something Dan the certified pro instructor and pro player keeps claiming about a video he made in slow motion/stop action of me shooting a shot.

He keeps claiming I make either a conscious or subconscious move to make shots with CTE that wouldn't go otherwise.

I'm really making neither. However I will say, unlike most pro players who have pure strokes, I have my flaws. Something he should have learned about himself when he was taking videos to improve his stroke to become MR. STROKE who never misses now.

Even way before knowing CTE existed I've used pivots, BHE, and tuck and roll. Moves that purist stroke addicts think is a cancer.

I will probably never get rid of those habits because they're too ingrained. It's not about using them to make balls with CTE, it's more like how am I not missing more shots by doing what I do. At least if it was consistently the same is one thing, but it's not. And I do miss shots because of it. I will say as a result of the visuals and setup to apply CTE for aiming, it has improved the delivery.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This post of yours just made me think about something Dan the certified pro instructor and pro player keeps claiming about a video he made in slow motion/stop action of me shooting a shot.

He keeps claiming I make either a conscious or subconscious move to make shots with CTE that wouldn't go otherwise.

I'm really making neither. However I will say, unlike most pro players who have pure strokes, I have my flaws. Something he should have learned about himself when he was taking videos to improve his stroke to become MR. STROKE who never misses now.

Even way before knowing CTE existed I've used pivots, BHE, and tuck and roll. Moves that purist stroke addicts think is a cancer.

I will probably never get rid of those habits because they're too ingrained. It's not about using them to make balls with CTE, it's more like how am I not missing more shots by doing what I do. At least if it was consistently the same is one thing, but it's not. And I do miss shots because of it. I will say as a result of the visuals and setup to apply CTE for aiming, it has improved the delivery.

I believe if you truly understood the subconscious and how the eyes work, you would know that you can't make that statement with 100% certainty.

My point is that if CTE helps someone play a little better or enjoy the game a little more, then why would anyone really care?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I believe if you truly understood the subconscious and how the eyes work, you would know that you can't make that statement with 100% certainty.

On second thought again, you're right. My subconscious might be coming in to battle my flaws to get into correct position. Some might make adjustments for other reasons.

My point is that if CTE helps someone play a little better or enjoy the game a little more, then why would anyone really care?

I'd say it's easy to answer. To have some kind of claim to keep harping on to discredit CTE and the user for the continuation of the 20 year war which is their primary purpose in life.

It would be a lot better if they just took a knee in silent protest at their computer instead of yapping their mouths and pounding keys.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Exactly. That's my opinion also. And I've stated it many times, telling players if my book seems a bit too complicated there are other systems available that might help their game, like CTE or Samba.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched all of your YouTube clips a couple of years back. I had dvd1 years ago. The clip I'm referring to is probably only 3 yrs old. It's not the same clip Dan analyzed last year or whenever. I noticed it was not a 1/2 ball shot when I first saw it 2 or 3 years ago, which told me something else was happening in order to make the shot work.

Like I said, using that clip of that one shot, or the clip Dan analyzed, anyone could win your bet unless a blind man was judging it. But that's just one shot by one player, and it doesn't mean CTE requires such last second tweaks. You probably didn't even know you were spinning it. But if anybody sets the shot up and shoots for a half ball hit, they'll hit it short of the pocket every time, especially stunning it as you do. Outside spin is needed to correct this.

In the video that Dan dissected, that first shot, Stan said he was using a former aiming system and not CTE.

You are right though, there are some other shots where a redirect or tweak or twist is put on the CB. In the video called pivoting for CTE pro1, I believe at around the 7-8 minute mark, Stan cuts the 1 ball to the right down the rail and puts what I know for a fact, a funky inside redirect mojo to the CB. This is what I determined as a inward angle attack that is part of a 3 angle method I developed myself and believe it's necessary and we all do it knowingly or unknowingly.

Now, for the record, Stan in said video, is talking and demonstrating the different approaches and stroke alignments to make some points about progressions and simplicity's and he correctly describes the various stroke and stance position offsets that work as a form of a pivot or offsetting a manual type pivot etc etc and how some of those positions produce a unnatural stroke position and feel. I know this because it's what I personally do myself to offset for extreme English and allow my visual alignment to remain relatively the same for any shot requirement and I also try to do what Stan also accurately said is not easy or recommend, and that is to align myself physically to every shot since I don't "aim". I think that is the best approach but obviously much more involved. I spin the shyte out of a CB, so that's my approach and methodology.

With that said, when making a point and talking at the same time, Stan comes into that 1 ball thick. That shot from that side of the table is notorious for a right handed player to visually come in thick that way and Stan's elbow angle is dead straight down the line and his instinct applied the necessary redirect inward and sure as hell not outward or as you say "outside spin" because I know for a fact that will only thicken the shot even worse unless you really spin the CB damn near at miscue limit, thus proving that outside and inside English does not always act as a "cutter" because its relative to stroke angle and alignment and not a fckn low deflection or high deflection stick or whatever the hell the pool world calls it. Parallel or bhe or whatever is all relative and at the end of the day, spin is spin and a term is not what creates effects, the shooter creates the effect.

But that is another point that is related to the argument.

Stan is talking and making a point and I find it hard to believe he rarely misses in doing so, so I understand what's going on in some of his shots in question and I say it's totally excusable when considering the overwhelming majority of his executions are in fact straight center ball shots. So, I believe Stan would easily win the bet.

However, CTE might be the visual or is the visual obviously, but the offset is in fact stroke angle with elbow in or out and or down the line and that's my argument and not saying CTE is bullshit, just saying alignment is the system but that's my bid, not anyone else's and Stan or Hoole is right, when shooting truly down the line center or square, one of 3 things is in fact occurring in the visual pipeline of center to edge or edge to center or I forgot the other one, for shots up to 45 degrees etc, so it's not a invention but rather a discovery of something already there. I noted this the other day when sqweezing out the shotline and Stan is right, many are doing CTE even if they don't know it.

If it's not there, then one is applying a funky twist or English to compensate and of course, I also say that is a recommended requirement for 100% CB command. So I don't argue method, but I will argue bottomline facts. The one I got the biggest problem with is "sqwirt" as if it's a thing rather than a occurrence. One does not have to succumb to a "thing" and the remedy sure as hell isnt a hollowed out popsicle stick.

For the record, is Stan brought is elbow "in" or even "out" on that 1 ball shot, it would have went a long way in making the shot without having to put a inward hitch on the stroke but im sure Stan knows that and I don't think it would roll the cb square down the line either because his alignment was too thick to begin with but when demonstrating and talking and moving along quickly with the video, I don't fault him or say he's bullshitting with tweaking. 99.5% of his shots are in fact straight with center ball and the measles don't lie and the man ain't GOD where evry shot is going to be perfect no matter what method.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never ever understood the need for an elaborate PSR.
This is why I have worked on the following.

- Chalking is NOT PSR. NEVER. Because of Magic Chalk I just chalk "sometime" in between, dont really care when.
- Aiming is not PSR. I will usually have 2-3 different looks on the shot, depending on the difficulty. I make sure I have an idea about the shot.

The PSR starts exactly 1 second before I step into the shot.
I strongly visualize the shot, step into the aiming line, go down, do 3-5 slow prestrokes and then shoot. Done.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
In the video that Dan dissected, that first shot, Stan said he was using a former aiming system and not CTE......

I was not referring to that video, but a different one.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was not referring to that video, but a different one.

I believe you are referring about some shot that is or isnt a half ball hit. With CTE we never worry about angle measurements. I could care less if it's half ball, 18 degree or anything else.I just pick up my visual.