Predator Revo ownwers what do you think

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
I recently bought the Revo series from predator not to sure about the hit and feel its not bad IMO but not sure its great either. anyone try a new tip if so how much does it changes and what did you try.

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
Darren Appleton posted on facebook he put on a Kamui black clear super soft. curious if it plays well.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its hard to gage properly cause Darren plays great with his other 314-2 shaft. They pay him plus he's a great player. I haven't heard many great things at all about these shafts. Most people convince themselves it's better cause they have to justify the money they just blew.

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Revo shafts

Its hard to gage properly cause Darren plays great with his other 314-2 shaft. They pay him plus he's a great player. I haven't heard many great things at all about these shafts. Most people convince themselves it's better cause they have to justify the money they just blew.

IF you buy into that the secret of success in any sport is consistent repeated performance then there is a STRONG case to be made for the REVO shaft. They are straight regardless of climate/environment conditions, the hit and feel is consistent and baring extreme tip issues, perform again and again as expected. If they didn't meet the expectations of professionals like Darren I doubt that any amount of money would make hardcore players want the REVO shafts on their cues . . . after all winning is what it is all about.

pfd

ps611846

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IF you buy into that the secret of success in any sport is consistent repeated performance then there is a STRONG case to be made for the REVO shaft. They are straight regardless of climate/environment conditions, the hit and feel is consistent and baring extreme tip issues, perform again and again as expected. If they didn't meet the expectations of professionals like Darren I doubt that any amount of money would make hardcore players want the REVO shafts on their cues . . . after all winning is what it is all about.

pfd

Then, maybe we should wait for a great performance from a top pro player using this shaft ?

I haven't seen anything great yet. And I think I have seen exactly the opposite in some games.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Then, maybe we should wait for a great performance from a top pro player using this shaft ?

I haven't seen anything great yet. And I think I have seen exactly the opposite in some games.

I believe Jasmin Ouschan just won a tournament with the Revo.

Carlo Luna in NYC won the predator pro/am tour last weekend using the p3 Revo. He's a solid player in general but I don't think I've ever seen him win a tournament before. Not saying it's the shaft but it probably didn't hurt.

nycdarkness

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought the revo, seriously won't use anything else. It's the most predictable shaft there is. You never have to worry about it, and I use to use a glove to get the smooth feel I wanted from my shafts. Now, I don't even need to. However, it does build up faster than a regular shaft. Just a quick wipe with a paper towel and it's like fresh out the box.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
its taper is actually very similar to what i use on my own cues for a very long time....i recently got to play with one for about three days.....and i was impressed how it playd very much like my own shaft.....

i noticed you can hear it when you stroke it, just diff. not anything bad....i like how the grain structure nearly resembles maple other than its color of course.

nice crisp solid hit.....honestly its the only lmainated, or carbon shaft i've ever really liked......i def dont like the color....it should be blue lol.

i replaced the tip on the revo for my pal scott lee, with a old 15mm pressed triangle....after using the shaft for a few days. then one evening with the triangle. He went play with it like that at another friends, who tried it and wants a the same tip on his cognicenti lol.....

i dont own one and dont plan on buying one......too busy with plans to rebuild my broken play lol....but i'm very impressed with them, with lack of any kind of sponsorship, they made a good solid product just from the short time i had it in my hands.....

.......i was dead careful because i didn't even know if solvent could go on shaft or not to clean glue, so i went in like i was working on a spaceship lol.

its definately not the shaft for some novice cueguy to be playing with.....

the things that are hit usually leave their residue on the shaft seems like (sorta like when a car bumps yours and leaves its paint on you)i felt the "damage" at first in a spotbut then turned the shaft and rubbed the residue off and it was again smooth.....

so again very good product....

hell if they made a butt to match....it would be the ultimate "BANGER" lol

no idea how its front end will hold up...

its hit didn't feel as hollow as their other shafts to me....even tho its "hollow" and even if i didn't know it was hollow....i can hear it when i was stroking the cue....you dont hear taht with wood, but its not the same quite shrill hollow sound that incurrs with the junk aluminum cues some have seen.

-greyghost

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got to play with it for a few hours yesterday, I normally play with a Mezz WD700.

The deflection is noticeably low. Almost negligible, throw catches a lot more over distance. Lots of action, more than the difference between the WD700 and the HP2 (with carbon fiber rod inside). Performance-wise, it's undeniably superb, and if I were just starting out and it were at an accessible price point, it would be the best option for starting out and keeping. Staying slicker longer and being ding resistant solves two of the biggest gripes of new players and their equipment.

The feel leaves something to be desired however. If you're used to and prioritize richer hit sensations, it'll be a bit disappointing. There happened to be a new copy of one of those so poorly-regarded Cuetec graphite cues on hand at the time, and the hit wasn't dissimilar. Words like thin and flat come to mind. Not soft and muted like an OB2, but more like that unresounding sensation of hitting with a break cue that doesn't last.

Of note, it makes an unpleasant sliding noise when used with a glove.

rpandrew

Owner, SeriousPool.com
I recently bought the Revo series from predator not to sure about the hit and feel its not bad IMO but not sure its great either. anyone try a new tip if so how much does it changes and what did you try.

I have a SP2 REVO 1 with a Kamui Black. I love everything about this stick. The feel, hit, response is very consistent. Ran 15 balls in One Pocket last night (my opponent stayed in his chair when I got to 8...so I just continued). Ohh...and the cue is not ugly to me like to so many others.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't own one but I hit with one for a while yesterday. Taper and the length of the taper means a lot to me and I didn't like the taper at all. As far as the color of the shaft, I thought it to be ugly.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darren Appleton posted on facebook he put on a Kamui black clear super soft. curious if it plays well.

Darren was at the first annual Philadelphia one pocket tournament at Classic billiards. He was playing with the Revo his first match and then put it away for the rest of the two days. maybe he got used to it by now.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
:smile:
I don't own one but I hit with one for a while yesterday. Taper and the length of the taper means a lot to me and I didn't like the taper at all. As far as the color of the shaft, I thought it to be ugly.

On a good note you had the opportunity to test drive one. Most of us have to buy it to try it.
It is ugly but not deal breaker. Let's say it's different. I would not say it is a must have... If anyone has an interest see if you can hit a few first if someone in the room has one. I'm sold on the nick free/no warp features...not that I ever had a shaft warp. The taper is a personal taste. One size does not fit all.

Last edited:

Jager Monster

Got Szamboti?
Silver Member
I played with one foR a couple days... Great Cue with very very very low deflection. i have been playing with a Performance Cue all Dymond wood for a while now and while the Performance Cue has less deflection of any cue i have played with, the Revo is right behind it! you get the accuracy of a larger tip but the action of a smaller tip. Extremely consistent!

King Jehu

Registered
I just got mine today. It was very easy to get used to. It's extremely slick. No glove would improve the glide of this thing. It feels real good to me. I'm an APA handicap 6 (8-ball) and 7 (9-ball) so you're not getting a professional review from me. I've been a die-hard Z2 user but, after a few hours, I can say that there's not much adjustment needed. The deflection is about the same. The tip is a little larger. It reminds me of the Vantage shaft somewhat but the deflection is down around the Z2 range. I can't say objectively that my stroke or shotmaking ability is improved with it but it does have a great feel and it instills confidence for me. I would describe the feel as similar to catching a 5-iron sweet every swing.

I sold 3 cues to friends that included a Vantage, a Z2 and a Lucassi. I got more for those than I paid for the new cue. It was kind of a gamble but it seems to have paid off for me. I can only play with one at a time and I don't prefer any of my others to the Revo.

It came with a Victory soft tip which is what I recently installed on my Z2. It's my new favorite and I don't see myself trying any other tips in the foreseeable future. Has anyone else changed tips on the Revo? Since there's no feral, I'm a little concerned about damaging the shaft. I use a Willard Tipping machine.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^ I'd keep the Willard away from the Revo and hand it off to a knowledgeable repair guy with a lathe to put on the tip. I wouldn't be willing to risk a shaft worth 400$ with a tipping machine, I'd either do it slowly by hand or pay to put it on in a lathe if I were you :)

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got mine today....

It came with a Victory soft tip which is what I recently installed on my Z2. It's my new favorite and I don't see myself trying any other tips in the foreseeable future. Has anyone else changed tips on the Revo? Since there's no feral, I'm a little concerned about damaging the shaft. I use a Willard Tipping machine.

The Willard Tipping machine (WTM) is an amazing (yet expensive) piece of equipment. It is the best/safest tip replacement tool in the absence of a lathe.

Before I got my lathe, I must have replaced 200 tips using my WTM and I still take it with me on a few occasional league nights for friends that only have one shaft and need it before I can get it back to them.

If you weren't attempting to get too close and weren't nicking your ferrules before, then you won't have any issues replacing the tip on the Revo either.
Actually, since the Revo includes the a silencer pad on top of the vault plate, you have even more margin of error.

Trust yourself or trust a professional with a lathe but don't worry about the WTM, it does what you tell it to do.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I just got mine today. It was very easy to get used to. It's extremely slick. No glove would improve the glide of this thing. It feels real good to me. I'm an APA handicap 6 (8-ball) and 7 (9-ball) so you're not getting a professional review from me. I've been a die-hard Z2 user but, after a few hours, I can say that there's not much adjustment needed. The deflection is about the same. The tip is a little larger. It reminds me of the Vantage shaft somewhat but the deflection is down around the Z2 range. I can't say objectively that my stroke or shotmaking ability is improved with it but it does have a great feel and it instills confidence for me. I would describe the feel as similar to catching a 5-iron sweet every swing.

I sold 3 cues to friends that included a Vantage, a Z2 and a Lucassi. I got more for those than I paid for the new cue. It was kind of a gamble but it seems to have paid off for me. I can only play with one at a time and I don't prefer any of my others to the Revo.

Not sure what was on Scott lees, whatever from factory, it was "high centered" from the glue under center and was teetering....saw it with the hawk eye, Scott got the glasses and agreed, pressed an old stock 15mm triangle and installed that. Loved the thing, his friend tried it and had me put one on his cog :) ol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am really happy with the Revo Shaft. I have been playing with the Predator Fat shaft and OB-XL+ shaft. I was happy with both shafts. The Revo is the lowest deflecting shaft I have tried to date. It also puts a lot of energy into the cue ball. Everything seems effortless. The biggest adjustment I needed to make was that I needed to take something off my stroke. It also reacts very well to a light grip on the cue. It took me 2-3 hours of play to make the adjustments. I was not crazy about the color at first. That took a little getting used to. I don't know if I'll ever love the color, but it doesn't bother me at all. It is now my favorite playing shaft. It seems like the game just got a little easier.