Shaft Compartment/Organizer for Repair Shop

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm looking to build some sort of Compartment/Organizer to place my shafts/cues in as I get them from customers and as I finish them until they are picked up. I would like to see pictures, or get ideas of how you guys place you cues and shafts in your shop after they are repaired.

Thanks,
Carlos

youngstownkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been looking for a wire grid rack for one piece cues...but I might have to make something like you are since I can't seem to find what I'm looking for

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Usually, I place them back in the cases, if they gave me one, or in plastic sleeves and then place on a wall rack I made. Piece of wood with a series on 1.5" holes drilled in a line, then cut down the middle to have 2 pieces with half circles in them. Then run it over a router bit to round the edges. Mount it on a board with the bottom spaced further out to form an angle so the shafts/cues don't fall. Then attach another piece of wood to it to form a bottom shelf for it I used 3 pvc ferrules to act as spacers between the shelf and the bottom holder.
20170323_193955.jpg

youngstownkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Usually, I place them back in the cases, if they gave me one, or in plastic sleeves and then place on a wall rack I made. Piece of wood with a series on 1.5" holes drilled in a line, then cut down the middle to have 2 pieces with half circles in them. Then run it over a router bit to round the edges. Mount it on a board with the bottom spaced further out to form an angle so the shafts/cues don't fall. Then attach another piece of wood to it to form a bottom shelf for it I used 3 pvc ferrules to act as spacers between the shelf and the bottom holder.

View attachment 467526

Nice rack, sir.

Mase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is what I use. Make them into individual cubes and you have tons of storage.
ttps://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.6-pack-modular-mesh-storage-cube-silver.1000774600.html?autoSuggest=pip

Attachments

• DSC01078.jpg
    DSC01078.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 450
  • DSC01079.JPG
    DSC01079.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
30 gallon trash can with hinged top and wheels. There are many ways to do the inside, with a thick piece of styrofoam and club tubes being one.

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is what I use. Make them into individual cubes and you have tons of storage.
ttps://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.6-pack-modular-mesh-storage-cube-silver.1000774600.html?autoSuggest=pip

Wow...That's pretty neat. Looks like a lot of room for storage and really no wasted space. Looks inexpensive to build also.
Thanks

JC

Coos Cues
Was over at the goodwill a few months ago and spotted these.

Haven't put it together yet but I knew had to have them. I think there's 17 or 18 there. The price was for the pile, not per.

rack1.jpg
rack price.jpg

JC

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Was over at the goodwill a few months ago and spotted these.

Haven't put it together yet but I knew had to have them. I think there's 17 or 18 there. The price was for the pile, not per.

View attachment 467608
View attachment 467609

JC

Buy some zip ties and get going.
For shafts, I like 3 horizontal supports.
Bottom one is about 3 inches from the base. You need a base too of course.
The top one at the 24" mark. Makes it easier to grab them one by one.
For near finished and finished shafts, a 1" pvc is a must imo. You don't want your fan hitting them amap.

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Okay, so I found this used one on EBay $35. I'm going to add some PVC tubes like Joey suggested, so I don't accidentally ding up shafts. If I need some more space, I also like the wire-mesh campartment idea.
Thanks all for the input, pics and ideas...

Attachments

• IMG_0783.jpg
    IMG_0783.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 226

RocketQ

It's Not Rocket Science
Silver Member
holders

At the expo we use two plastic laundry baskets one for the base and a second one cut in half stuck in sideways so the holes face up. Holds enough for a full rolling days work.

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
I used 1-1/2" abs cut about 6" high and line with lambswool holds shafts nice and snug wont wear the finish off making a nee one to hold 48 shafts and a few butts