Talismans cue tips? Any opinions?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
My cue tip guy has these in stock and says they are fantastic! Any opinions?

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Talisman makes 3 different lines of tips: Trinity, Pro, and WB, in 3 different hardnesses. Which tips were you inquiring about?

SHORTY WRIGHT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tips

Trinity is a real good tip ... Luv their tips ... Taisman hard is my favorite of all tips & I have tried over 20+ different ones .... Next would be the Sniper tip ...

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been using Talisman Pro (Brown pig leather) hard tips on my play cue for a long time (8+ years) and an XH on my break cue. Last a long time (1.5-2 years) only need occasional maintenance (3 times a year), and shoots great.

I tried a WB and hated it, did not take chalk, mis-cued often even when immaculately chalked.

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always play with a Pro Medium and never had a bad one. Although my local repair guy says the layers are uneven and he's seen them delaminate....... I've never had a issue with one. I say 👍 to them!

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I tested the Trinity 3 years ago when OB shipped me the betas... I am glad to see they are finally available in the US... They are about a grade harder than they advertise but they hold up and grip the ball very well... I have added them to my short list of Layered tips we recommend..... Their other offerings I am still not a fan of but some players likely may find luck with them....

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Talisman makes 3 different lines of tips: Trinity, Pro, and WB, in 3 different hardnesses. Which tips were you inquiring about?

The ones are the Trinity Soft tips.... for my REVO shafts...

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tested the Trinity 3 years ago when OB shipped me the betas... I am glad to see they are finally available in the US... They are about a grade harder than they advertise but they hold up and grip the ball very well... I have added them to my short list of Layered tips we recommend..... Their other offerings I am still not a fan of but some players likely may find luck with them....

I hope Talisman can maintain their quality control over time for Trinity. Like MitchAlsup, I really like Talisman Pro Hard. Also like him, my experience with WB Hard in the past 5 years is not so good. But one of those tips from 10 years ago remains as the best commercial tip I ever bought - absolute magic.

I also hope they can maintain their current price. While I have not been too worried about tip price because longevity and repairman labor are also considerations in overall value. But occasionally (~10% of the time), tips fall off in the first week. If I lose a $25 tip and need to replace with another, that becomes a $50 tip. If I lose a $15 tip, the eventual tip cost for a replacement becomes $30, which is a bit easier to swallow.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did play a Talisman medium and soft on my Snooker 9mm shaft.
Didn't really care for them too much, the soft was more a medium and the medium more a medium-hard. They don't have a bouncy feeling at all, it's just "TCHUNK".
They hold shape very well and do not really change. They glaze over quite a bit, though.

One of the best I every played was Phonix Water Buffalo soft.
Soft, held shape more than phantastically for a soft one. Very smooth control, high grip, almost no glazing.

Cheers,
M