New Jacoby! Woo hoo

Mike the Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My new cue. Fourth cue, first Jacoby. There’s a lot more going on in this than you can see in this one picture. Made of black walnut, spalted maple, and striped ebony, with malachite and leopard-skin jasper inlays.

http://www.jacobycustomcues.com/print.php?ID=1730

The aesthetic seems sort of Native American to me in a way I can’t put my finger on. I love it—the "free" way the grain and figuring is allowed to conflict is especially nice, anti-perfectionist but with a lot of visual interest. The cue looks different from every side.

Jacoby Custom Cues was great to deal with. A special thanks to Tom at Ultraskin who sent Jacoby a couple of tips on a rush basis for me and didn't even charge me. I know very little about tips but I find I can draw the ball a lot better with the Ultraskin tips than with the tips that came standard on my Schon, although the tip goes out of shape more quickly.

I bought this cue essentially as a work of art, but it’s a very nice playing cue too. Haven’t picked up any of my other cues since I got it.

Can't wait to try Ultraskin tips on my Schon.

Anybody else like Jacoby?

MtB

Last edited:

Wileydog

Banned
My new cue. Fourth cue, first Jacoby. There’s a lot more going on in this than you can see in this one picture. Made of black walnut, spalted maple, and striped ebony, with malachite and leopard-skin jasper inlays.

http://www.jacobycustomcues.com/print.php?ID=1730

The aesthetic seems sort of Native American to me in a way I can’t put my finger on. I love it—the "free" way the grain and figuring is allowed to conflict is especially nice, anti-perfectionist but with a lot of visual interest. The cue looks different from every side.

Jacoby Custom Cues was great to deal with. A special thanks to Tom at Ultraskin who sent Jacoby a couple of tips on a rush basis for me and didn't even charge me. I know very little about tips but I find I can draw the ball a lot better with the Ultraskin tips than with the tips that came standard on my Schon, although the tip goes out of shape more quickly.

I bought this cue essentially as a work of art, but it’s a very nice playing cue too. Haven’t picked up any of my other cues since I got it.

Can't wait to try Ultraskin tips on my Schon.

Anybody else like Jacoby?

MtB

I like my Jacoby. You'll love the Edge shaft.