Man playing as woman at APA nationals

nycdarkness

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone who thinks this is okay. Just wait till dudes start chopping their junk off to play as women in the Olympics, and hell cut their junk and start beating on women in the mma as a "female".

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Anyone who thinks this is okay. Just wait till dudes start chopping their junk off to play as women in the Olympics, and hell cut their junk and start beating on women in the mma as a "female".

They already do in both, and it is allowed in BOTH.

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question. Seems the whole premise was about a man dressed like a woman. What exactly does that mean? I am sure there may have been several women dressed pretty much the same as the men. Maybe a t-shirt, jeans or shorts and shoes. Basically a man dressing as a man would wear. Not all women wear skirts, dresses etc to play pool. So this individual could have not have dressed like a woman but a man but identifies as a woman.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
They already do in both, and it is allowed in BOTH.

MMA Fallon Fox is a transwoman and competes, but is no where near as good as the best female MMA fighters in her weight division.

Also this article from last months Olympic news:
The two athletes have reportedly already represented Britain’s women at a “European championship sporting event,” but are hiding their transgender status from the public, transgender sports advisor Delia Johnston said in the UK Daily Mail. They fear being “exposed and ridiculed.”

Johnston says both athletes have fully completed their gender reassignment and are now “competing in their assigned gender.”

VIDEO: U.S. MEDALS IN THE SAND AND MAKES HISTORY ON THE TRACK
The activist laments that the two men-become-women may not end up on Team Great Briton because the national sports councils are still debating the issue.

The International Olympics Committee (IOC) has ruled that transgender athletes do not have to be fully surgically transformed to compete under their self-assigned gender identity. In new guidelines published last year, the IOC stated, “To require surgical anatomical changes as a precondition to participation is not necessary to preserve fair competition and may be inconsistent with developing legislation and notions of human rights.”

Under those rules, genetic-men with vestigial male genitalia — although hobbled by estrogen hormone shots — may become a common sight in on the prize stands at formerly women’s meets.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some famous transgender/full operation

One of the Wachowski brothers that made the Matrix movie series.

Keyboard player of Jethro Tull Dee Palmer

The head of the Pritzker family here in Chicago. They are one of the richest families in America. The Patriarch decided he wanted to be the Matriarch.

Supposedly Richard Pryor's brother. I can't find anything on the internet about it but I have friends from Peoria, all say it's true.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
If you just dress up as someone else to cheat at pool or falsify your identity, that's one thing. But it sounds like this person lives as a woman. I don't really get it, and I REALLY REALLY can't imagine myself doing it. But I do know that because this kind of thing makes people so uncomfortable, they become the target of the worst discrimination, teasing, bullying, being beaten up, killed, etc., that I've decided I ought to just keep my discomfort to myself and let them do what they want without me making things more difficult for them.
Well made point, but the typical form of discrimination is exclusion.

Some of the stuff you listed may have roots in discrimination. I think your list leans towards hatred and away from discrimination but is out and out law breaking.

If I were playing APA with a tranny ( thanks Milo ) I would not be too shocked the day we got DQ'd or discriminated against.

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
OK, let's recap:

1) A guy is wearing womens clothes and playing pool.
2) He can't win a game but people complain anyway, to get him DQ'd
3) Thread takes a turn and a guy from NC wants to fly anywhere to play high stakes. He also threatens to catch all catfish in your local lakes.....
4) Some users are labeled as liberals or insensitive....

Ok, carry on :rolleyes:

You missed the part where the only people on the thread complaining about this person playing in a women's league were men.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
You really just stated that trans-gendered people have a mental illness? Wow

The World Health Organization is moving toward declassifying transgender identity as a mental disorder in its global list of medical conditions, with a new study lending additional support to a proposal that would delete the decades-old designation.

The change, which has so far been approved by each committee that has considered it, is under review for the next edition of the W.H.O. codebook, which classifies diseases and influences the treatment of patients worldwide.

“The intention is to reduce barriers to care,” said Geoffrey Reed, a psychologist who is coordinating the mental health and behavior disorders section in the upcoming edition of the codebook, called the International Classification of Diseases, or I.C.D.

Dr. Reed, a professor at the National Autonomous University of Mexico and an author of the new study, said the proposal to remove transgender from the mental disorder category was “not getting opposition from W.H.O.,” suggesting that it appears likely to be included in the new edition. The revised volume would be the first in more than 25 years, and is scheduled to be approved in May 2018.

Continue reading the main story
ADVERTISEMENT

Removing the mental health label from transgender identity would be a powerful signifier of acceptance, advocates and mental health professionals say.

“It’s sending a very strong message that the rest of the world is no longer considering it a mental disorder,” said Dr. Michael First, a professor of clinical psychiatry at Columbia University and the chief technical consultant to the new edition of the codebook, which is known by its initials and the edition number I.C.D.-11. “One of the benefits of moving it out of the mental disorder section is trying to reduce stigma.”

Other parts of the proposed change are stirring debate, however. The proposal would not take transgender out of the codebook altogether, but would move it into a newly created category: “Conditions related to sexual health.”

Continue reading the main story
Many, but not all, advocates favor the idea of keeping transgender in the codebook in some form because the designations are widely used for billing and insurance coverage of medical services and for conducting research on diseases and treatments. But where should it go?

“I think there is a bit of a problem with the idea of putting it in a chapter on sexual health because it has nothing to do with sex,” said Dr. Griet De Cuypere, a psychiatrist at the Center of Sexology and Gender at University Hospital in Ghent, Belgium, and a board member of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health. “If it’s possible to have it more separately, it would be better.”

Others have concerns about a proposal to change the name from “transsexualism” to “gender incongruence,” a name chosen to try to express “a discrepancy between a person’s experienced gender identity and their body,” said Dr. Reed, who was part of the working group that recommended the changes to W.H.O.

One problem is that “incongruence” resonates differently in different languages. “In English it sounds kind of neutral — my association is with geometry,” Dr. Reed said. “But in Spanish it sounds very bad, it sounds kind of psychotic.”

So, in Spanish, the proposal is “gender discordance,” which, he said, “in English sounds really bad.”

Language differences are only part of the issue. “The terminology is difficult because nobody likes anything,” Dr. Reed said. “People have made suggestions that have been all over the map. One of the people at one of the meetings said we could call this happy unicorns dancing by the edge of the stream and there’d be an objection to it.”

The issue is reminiscent of the change in the way homosexuality was treated in the American bible of psychiatric diagnoses, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, known as the D.S.M. In 1973, the book, published by the American Psychiatric Association, changed the diagnosis of “homosexuality” to “sexual orientation disturbance,” and later to “ego-dystonic homosexuality” before dropping it altogether in 1987.

Transgender identity has changed in the D.S.M. too, classified under “sexual deviations” in 1968, “psychosexual disorders” in 1980 and “sexual and gender identity disorders” in 1994. In the fifth and most recent edition, D.S.M.-5 in 2013, the designation was changed to “gender dysphoria,” and was defined to apply to only those transgender people who are experiencing distress or dysfunction, said Dr. Jack Drescher, a psychiatrist and psychoanalyst at New York Medical College, who serves on the W.H.O. working group and served on a similar working group for the D.S.M.-5.

Dr. Drescher said he supported removing the diagnosis from the D.S.M. entirely, but he noted that the I.C.D. was different because it has categories for every disease and condition, not just psychiatric ones, and retaining some code for transgender identity might be the only way for some to receive medical care. Inmates, including Chelsea Manning, have received access to hormone treatments partly based on the fact that transgender identity belongs to a medical category, Dr. Drescher said.

Dr. First said he once received a call from the Internal Revenue Service asking him, as an expert, to support the agency’s intention to challenge a tax deduction that a transgender woman claimed for gender reassignment surgery. He declined, and said cases like that would be more likely without a diagnostic category.

Karl Surkan, a professor of women’s studies at M.I.T. and Temple University, who is transitioning from female to male, agreed. He said some trans people “say homosexuality was declassified, so now this is part of our civil rights movement, without understanding that it’s wildly different.”

Mr. Surkan said gays, lesbians and bisexuals were “not sort of reliant on medical treatment in the same way that the transgender population often is. You need a code to get an insurance company to pay for something.”

In a study published Tuesday in Lancet Psychiatry, Dr. Reed and co-authors interviewed 250 patients at a clinic that provides transgender health services in Mexico City. They found that while most had felt distress related to their gender identity during adolescence, almost a fifth of them had not. And among those who felt distress or experienced dysfunction at work, home or school, most was attributed to how they were treated — being rejected or violently attacked — rather than to their gender identity itself, the authors reported.

Many had physical health problems, likely a result of living on the margins of society, because their lives followed a “slope leading from stigma to sickness,” said Dr. De Cuypere, who is the co-writer of a commentary about the study.

Similar studies are being conducted in Brazil, India, Lebanon, South Africa and France.

“I would expect to see this kind of stigmatization and violence in all the other countries,” said Dr. Reed, although he said that in France, the researchers received a slightly more laissez-faire reception.

“In France, they said, ‘Just leave us alone, we don’t need your stinking classification,’ ” Dr. Reed said. “But they live in a society where access to health care is conceptualized as a right.”

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
So, it appears liberals can do anything they want, and the rest of society has to put up with. P/c bullshit .

I think the ways that many of the non discrimination laws are written it's not specific to liberals, conservatives should feel free to join in the fun.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Scotch doubles.....yes... Jack and Jill....no

Maybe in the Pat and Pat Doubles?

We could be talking about a whole new APA division, a new way for the APA to reinvent itself, a new community to exploit, a new money tap.
....this could really go somewhere......

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 415

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I asked my wife what she thought about a man dressed as a woman playing in leagues or tournaments. She said it was wrong. I then asked what about a man who transitioned to become a woman. Not necessarily a sex change but hormone therapy etc. She said that was OK.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I agree with this too, if it were someone who was just dressed the part that is completely different than altering your body and mind chemistry imo.

So, is it just the difference in the level of commitment? Suppose he's just figuring it out about himself. Who are you to decide whether he's sincere or not?

If he decides on day 1 he's really a woman, he can't compete in the women's league, but if he's gone through a year or two of hormones, etc., he can?

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
You really just stated that trans-gendered people have a mental illness? Wow

So if it's not a mental illness, what is it?

Here's a story that starts off with a guy who uses dry ice to destroy his own legs. Why? He wanted them lopped off. Two perfectly functioning legs.

I would call that a mental illness.

To want to change your genitalia also seems like a mental illness. In both cases, the person sees their body differently than they think it should be.

I'm not suggesting people be discourteous to those who wish to do this, but let's not pretend everything is A-OK. If there is nothing wrong, then there's no reason to perform surgery, take hormones, etc. It can't both be a problem and not be a problem.