All Japan Championship Is Live!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chua found a super high gear in his last two matches. Watch out for him in the future. I can see him winning World Championships. SiMing always had that high gear herself. She's the best I've seen among that small group of elite women players.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Chua found a super high gear in his last two matches. Watch out for him in the future. I can see him winning World Championships. SiMing always had that high gear herself. She's the best I've seen among that small group of elite women players.

Siming is better than Balukas was. But I guess people need a lot of convincing to let go of old notions

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chen Si-Ming's path to the finals: 7-0, 7-1, 9-1, 9-0, 9-5, 9-2.

[not bad]

And with the 9-1 win in the finals, that makes the game count 59-10 (86%) for Chen. Yikes.

[not so bad for Chua, either, at 84-36 (70%)]

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
And with the 9-1 win in the finals, that makes the game count 59-10 (86%) for Chen. Yikes.

[not so bad for Chua, either, at 84-36 (70%)]

Chua...shooting a fairly long shot on the one....over a ball...hit it with perfect speed...
......came off the rail two feet to park whitey for the two...
...man was in dead stroke.

Last edited:

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
Thank you post of Filipino Champ Johann Gonzales Chua - 2017 All Japan Champion

In3axe.jpg

I want to extend my heartfelt gratitude to everyone!
Thank you for all the support!
Thank you for those who believed that I can make it once again,
especially to my loved ones who were there through thick and thin.
You guys have no idea how your support makes me more confident
in every shot that I make.

Words are not enough to describe how grateful I am today
and for the never ending blessings God has given me.
Winning 2017 All Japan Championship and opening my very own pool hall
is such a great honor to prove that billiard in the Philippines is still not dead.

MARAMING MARAMING SALAMAT PO SA INYONG LAHAT!
ALAM KONG KULANG PA ANG LAHAT NG TO PARA MABATID NIYO ANG PASASALAMAT KO PERO SANA TANGGAPIN NIYO KAHIT PAANO.
Sana po ang PASASALAMAT ko’y iturong niyong bahaghari na magdudugtong sa patutunguhan ko saking pinagmulan.*

*Thank you very much to everyone!
I know words are not enough to convey my sincerest thank yous for all your support! Please accept this humble and simple thank you which comes from the bottom of my heart.
May it be like a rainbow, if you will, linking past and future towards my destiny.

#Navigator #HighRock #Predator #2017AllJapanChampion

Thank you Champ for allowing me to share your thank you post!
Congratulations on the awesome win!
We are very proud of you! Mabuhay!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a repeat win for Mr. Chua, as he also won two years ago (2015). And he was 5th/8th in 2016 and 3rd/4th in both 2013 and 2012. He seems to like this event!

And as for Ms. Chen -- does anyone know of any player ever winning more than 86% of his or her games in a major championship?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
In3axe.jpg

I want to extend my heartfelt gratitude to everyone!
Thank you for all the support!
Thank you for those who believed that I can make it once again,
especially to my loved ones who were there through thick and thin.
You guys have no idea how your support makes me more confident
in every shot that I make.

Words are not enough to describe how grateful I am today
and for the never ending blessings God has given me.
Winning 2017 All Japan Championship and opening my very own pool hall
is such a great honor to prove that billiard in the Philippines is still not dead.

MARAMING MARAMING SALAMAT PO SA INYONG LAHAT!
ALAM KONG KULANG PA ANG LAHAT NG TO PARA MABATID NIYO ANG PASASALAMAT KO PERO SANA TANGGAPIN NIYO KAHIT PAANO.
Sana po ang PASASALAMAT ko’y iturong niyong bahaghari na magdudugtong sa patutunguhan ko saking pinagmulan.*

*Thank you very much to everyone!
I know words are not enough to convey my sincerest thank yous for all your support! Please accept this humble and simple thank you which comes from the bottom of my heart.
May it be like a rainbow, if you will, linking past and future towards my destiny.

#Navigator #HighRock #Predator #2017AllJapanChampion

Thank you Champ for allowing me to share your thank you post!
Congratulations on the awesome win!
We are very proud of you! Mabuhay!

Classy young man with a beautiful game. I knew he was special the first time I ever saw him play about five years ago. I loved the way he paced himself and how smooth he was in all his actions. He was in control of himself and his game, unusual for such a young man.