Predator Revo Shafts

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you guys didn't see the post I replied to. The guy recommended a place in Canada that has them and that place wants ~$650 for a shaft instead of the normal $500.

I actually have one on order from a USA company right now for $500.
_______

650 CAD is 511 USD...:rolleyes:

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Question: Does the Revo shaft eliminate the need for a glove, or, will you still need to wear a glove if your hands tend to sweat?

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I played for sure almost every shaft available in the past years— and not just a few hours.
Right at the beginning- some things are of course always subjective.

Positive things are easy to show up— „almost destructable“. - even if i know 2 guys who were able to get a scratche into it already.

Always same weight- very consistent hit.
Very very repeatable results.
Very easy to get action on the cueball. —

As soon as we get to the term deflection, i see it a bit different than the most (and of course I think that I am extremly right about it :p )
I used the 12.9 version— and it really played well. But i can show everyone, that the shaft i usually play with- a wooden shaft with 12.4 mm built by a german cuemaker (cem), and also the 12.2 mm i played for years before (built by a friend and cuemaker from austria) — and both had far less deflection than the 12.9 revo version!

Non the less it shoots great, gives you a very repeatable result on every stroke- which i would call a big factor on the plus side. To get that easy action on the cueball- well that s ok. Many feel that way. I can just say, that there is no shot i couldn t do with my other two shafts i used in the past years. And for very sure i m not gettin „more spin“ with the revo shaft- just a bit easier on shots with lower speed.

Negative point from my side is, that you have a problem if you want to maintain or trim your tip. Or even want to change the tip.
This is a point i really don t like. It s far to dangerous to damage here the shaft. To change the tip professionally on a revo i would never try— and i changed for sure 1000+ tips on shafts in the past- all by hand.
ON the revo? I wouldn t even give it a try. As soon as it its mushroomed.....what then? Risk to touch the carbon stuff?

A factor Predator not really gave a single thought about.

It s a step forward in science— of course. I like it. But it also has negative sides.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I played for sure almost every shaft available in the past years— and not just a few hours.
Right at the beginning- some things are of course always subjective.

Positive things are easy to show up— „almost destructable“. - even if i know 2 guys who were able to get a scratche into it already.

Always same weight- very consistent hit.
Very very repeatable results.
Very easy to get action on the cueball. —

As soon as we get to the term deflection, i see it a bit different than the most (and of course I think that I am extremly right about it :p )
I used the 12.9 version— and it really played well. But i can show everyone, that the shaft i usually play with- a wooden shaft with 12.4 mm built by a german cuemaker (cem), and also the 12.2 mm i played for years before (built by a friend and cuemaker from austria) — and both had far less deflection than the 12.9 revo version!

Non the less it shoots great, gives you a very repeatable result on every stroke- which i would call a big factor on the plus side. To get that easy action on the cueball- well that s ok. Many feel that way. I can just say, that there is no shot i couldn t do with my other two shafts i used in the past years. And for very sure i m not gettin „more spin“ with the revo shaft- just a bit easier on shots with lower speed.

Negative point from my side is, that you have a problem if you want to maintain or trim your tip. Or even want to change the tip.
This is a point i really don t like. It s far to dangerous to damage here the shaft. To change the tip professionally on a revo i would never try— and i changed for sure 1000+ tips on shafts in the past- all by hand.
ON the revo? I wouldn t even give it a try. As soon as it its mushroomed.....what then? Risk to touch the carbon stuff?

A factor Predator not really gave a single thought about.

It s a step forward in science— of course. I like it. But it also has negative sides.
That's a good point about the potential problems with changing the tip. I do plan to change the tip on my own and I plan to just wrap the end of the shaft with masking tape to prevent scratching the shaft. If anyone sees a problem with this, please let me know.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Many folks say they don't need a glove with the Revo. Many folks /DO/ use a glove with a Revo. Many folks don't use a glove with any shaft. In a poll, I'd guess the "don't need one" group would win.

Cocoa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

[/QUOTE]

Back in the day many people would work on there Mercedes or BMW by themselves without thinking much of it.

Today, I doubt very many work on a 2018 Mercedes or BMW.

Does this mean they should make cars like in the 40's so anyone can work on the car?

I am very sure Predator thought this thru. Likely they knew it would be an issue for some until they went thru the normal learning curve.

In a few years, changing tips on a composite shaft will be normal and easy until then stop complaining about change and learn how to adjust.

Revo shafts and Be-cue shafts are here to stay other cue companies will follow and some will make them even better than Revo and Be-cue its called progress

I never want to go back to the days of burning kerosene lamps to play pool

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They did change the tip that came stock on the shafts
a couple times.
The 314-2 I shot with had a triangle installed,
and was on a Joss West. Pretty firm hit.
The 2 different Z2 shafts had different tips-
One with an Everest, on an old Joss.
The other had a Victory, on a curly maple Sugartree.
Both were very solid, with a hard hit.
The Victory felt a little more crisp on the Sugartree.
(Pun intended. Lol)
I definitely liked the Z2 more than 314-2.
Maybe your tip was softer than what I experienced...
Could that possibly explain why we're having such
polar experiences with these shafts?
I'll find out what tip was on the Revo I tried out.
If you all feel it offers an edge to your game,
that's great!
However, it might feel weird to some people.
Personally, the Revo 12.9, honestly reminded me of the old carbon fiber Cuetec sticks at Sears back in the day.

Wasn’t Cuetec shaft fiberglass covered wood? I remember being able to see the wood thru the glass.

Big Business

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Except for the fact that they want $545 for a Revo, instead of $500.

EDIT: Updated for conversion from CAD to USD and tax and shipping.

Sucks to be up in the north as we have mega duty and our dollar sucks lol. To each their own and some buy expensive drivers as a tool in the golf bag and some watches or shoes. Me I do t watch much tv anymore so don’t need that thing. When I have the money I want to try new things. I’ve had cues up to $2000 that looked great but didn’t play well.

I do agree they are expensive and perhaps unneeded but what he heck so I know. In league since getting it I have had 3 Eros and 1 first attempt in ten games. All in my head... maybe lol

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They did change the tip that came stock on the shafts
a couple times.
The 314-2 I shot with had a triangle installed,
and was on a Joss West. Pretty firm hit.
The 2 different Z2 shafts had different tips-
One with an Everest, on an old Joss.
The other had a Victory, on a curly maple Sugartree.
Both were very solid, with a hard hit.
The Victory felt a little more crisp on the Sugartree.
(Pun intended. Lol)
I definitely liked the Z2 more than 314-2.
Maybe your tip was softer than what I experienced...
Could that possibly explain why we're having such
polar experiences with these shafts?
I'll find out what tip was on the Revo I tried out.
If you all feel it offers an edge to your game,
that's great!
However, it might feel weird to some people.
Personally, the Revo 12.9, honestly reminded me of the old carbon fiber Cuetec sticks at Sears back in the day.

I don't know what tips came on them. I bought partials and had them finished to match my playing cues. Gave up after a couple days. My Revo's have the stock soft Victory tips which harden up to a nice medium. Love the hit ... they play much like my old pre cat 314's.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Back in the day many people would work on there Mercedes or BMW by themselves without thinking much of it.

Does this mean they should make cars like in the 40's so anyone can work on the car?

I am very sure Predator thought this thru. Likely they knew it would be an issue for some until they went thru the normal learning curve.

In a few years, changing tips on a composite shaft will be normal and easy until then stop complaining about change and learn how to adjust.

Revo shafts and Be-cue shafts are here to stay other cue companies will follow and some will make them even better than Revo and Be-cue its called progress

I never want to go back to the days of burning kerosene lamps to play pool[/QUOTE]

Nice man... you just negated his entire story... :eek:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I never want to go back to the days of burning kerosene lamps to play pool[/QUOTE]

I would take most classic cars over todays cars.
Guess it is a personal preference, I would take a classic GTO over a Mercedes, or I enjoyed my SS chevelle more than any luxury car. But on the bright side, oil change for the Mercedes is only about 500$

Last edited:

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
That's a good point about the potential problems with changing the tip. I do plan to change the tip on my own and I plan to just wrap the end of the shaft with masking tape to prevent scratching the shaft. If anyone sees a problem with this, please let me know.

I haven't done my Revo (probably won't), but on other shafts - try painters tape vs. regular masking tape .. works a bit better for me.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Revo tip change. Let’s not create a monster. Can be done without any problems. Take your time. Use masking tape. Patience and technique. A lathe makes a big difference but it can be done with proper finishing tools.
After gluing tip remove excess glue... remove tape so it does not stick to shaft.

Last edited:

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snooker Theory and poolhustler,

What's with the nearly double post?

Are you the same person?

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Before this thread dies, is it pronounced "rev-o" or "reev-o"?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

fluffybutt

Registered
I must have had my REVO shaft for a couple of months now. It is a custom Revo, 30" long and 12.0 mm diameter at tip. I can draw the ball more easily with this cue than any other cue I have ever used, which also means that I can spin the cue ball more easily and therein lies a problem. Maybe I haven't gotten used to the additional spin but every now and then I miss a shot because I throw the object ball too much with outside spin on the cue ball. Perhaps, I just need to be more mindful of the potential for too much throw on the object ball.

A few others have tried it and liked the way the shaft plays as I do. It has similar low cue ball deflection properties to my Performance Plus cues/DymondWood shafts and while I have been practicing with it for a while, I think I may go back to using the PP cue soon, just to compare.

JoeyA

Where did you order a custom 30Inch Revo? I tried seyberts with no luck.