Mizerak's autograph

dickiev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an autographed 1980-81 Adams Cue Catalog with Mizerak, Jim Rempe, and Cicro Murphy on the cover. He came to my hometown for a Memorial tournament for my father who passed away in 1982. He put on an exhibition as well. I was only 7 at the time, but I still have that catalog framed. I did beat him in 8 ball that day-he ran the rack and then scratched on the 8. Lol.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
That's a great story, thanks for sharing it.

Is there any way you could take a photo of it & share it as well? I'd love to see it.

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve's Autographed Cueball.

I was fortunate to be at Hawaiian Brian's Billiards when Steve Mizarak visited Brian in the late '90's..
I got to meet him and got his autograph..
Cool yea!!!
Thank You Steve..
You did so much for the game...
Thanks for viewing..

Alton :smile:
maybe mid '90's?? so long ago..

Attachments

• Steve Miz CueBall.jpg
    Steve Miz CueBall.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 2,226
Last edited:

macpublish

Registered
I have an autographed 1980-81 Adams Cue Catalog with Mizerak, Jim Rempe, and Cicro Murphy on the cover. He came to my hometown for a Memorial tournament for my father who passed away in 1982. He put on an exhibition as well. I was only 7 at the time, but I still have that catalog framed. I did beat him in 8 ball that day-he ran the rack and then scratched on the 8. Lol.

I watched all those guys play in the 70s, 80s and 90s in NYC--in straight pool tournaments. All great players. I was never much of an autograph hound. Just enjoyed the matches and the personalities. On august 22, 1992, my wife and I went to watch both afternoon and evening sessions of the straight pool championship at the Roosevelt I and decided to get as many autographs as I could. I got all the major names to sign my program including Steve Mizerak and Mike Sigel. Mike ran 150 and out on Zuglan that evening and I watched the whole thing from the balcony. What a day that was!

image.jpg