Anybody Else Heard That JOB Billiards will no longer be in business after this year ?

railrider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to the Music City Open this past weekend and while talking to a friend he informed me that the property where JOB's is located had been sold and is going to be torn down and supposedly a mall is going to be built there. Anybody know if this is true or just rumor ? It would be a shame to lose one of the legendary poolrooms in the south.

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dunno, who builds malls anymore? Ohio is full of dead ones. I hope not, the game can't afford to loose any more venues

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I haven't heard, and hope it's not true. That's a lot of tables. If this is true, hopefully they don't close, but relocate.

Shorty34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not heard that, but I may be able to find out...my father-in-law runs the poker game there a couple nights a week and is good friends with Ricky Gamble (owner)...I will investigate and report back...

However, it would not surprise me...they tore down the Shoney's at the other end of the parking lot and I know there is a big push to "revitalize" that part of town...I would hate to think JOB's was closing as I have been going there since I was in high school (many many moons ago!)...

I will see what I can find out!